User Tag List

Page 1769 of 1954 FirstFirst ... 769 1269 1669 1719 1759 1767 1768 1769 1770 1771 1779 1819 1869 ... LastLast
Results 26,521 to 26,535 of 29298
Like Tree118409Likes

Thread: Chat-a-Thon 2017-18 Thread!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Good morning!

@GoJays , I just cringed when I read "baby powder" in that post. All those poor women who had been continuing their use of J&J baby powder into their adulthood and who are fighting for their very lives with uterine cancer, and the women who died fighting it, just makes my blood boil! All the research that has proven the connections between that cancer and the toxic ingredients in that vile product and STILL their commercials insist it's safe?!?! Sacrificing women to make money.....what kinds of animals do that?! Human. I guess.

Looks like the rain we were expecting passed us by here, so for now, it's a sunny morning!

Enjoy your day, everyone!
    Skippy, GoJays, walkonby and 1 others like this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

good morning and welcome to MY world!
    I filled @Lynn49 in on some of the boring details so I won't do that here, suffice to say yesterday was a total FAIL.
    Went to my GP. He ordered me to go to the Emerg ASAP, got there by 8:30 a.m. and sat there until 3:30 in the afternoon. ( when thankfully I was relieved of the pain ) and given further follow up instructions.

Now I have mentioned once or twice in a post how much I have come to dislike exercise, I used to almost like certain forms of it, but no more.
    I watched this video of a " clueless " gal snowboarding down a hill with her headphones on, singing along to the tune ( all I can say is she is lucky the hill was LONG ) because directly behind her was......A FREAKING bear!!

Can you imagine what fun that must have been when Gentle Ben spotted this morsel of a snack daring him to a game of chase and catch....and probably maul and eat? What a twit!!! HER, not that beautiful beast of a bear.
    Moral of this is don't exercise outdoors either because it is very dangerous.
    harbie, Lynn49, GoJays and 2 others like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Good morning fellow thread dwellers! Thank you for all your encouragement during these challenging times. I believe DW is slightly better and I must be coming along as I have had enough already. That said
    hunkering down together as donÂ’t want to spread anything.DS from Oz still due Thursday night adjusting our plans accordingly.
    Have a great Wednesday, long weekend getting closer!
    harbie, Lynn49, GoJays and 3 others like this.
    Always remember the What are you thankful for today? thread as there always is something to be thankful for.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Skippy View Post
    Good morning fellow thread dwellers! Thank you for all your encouragement during these challenging times. I believe DW is slightly better and I must be coming along as I have had enough already. That said
    hunkering down together as donÂ’t want to spread anything.DS from Oz still due Thursday night adjusting our plans accordingly.
    Have a great Wednesday, long weekend getting closer!
    Oh my goodness, @Skippy, if this interfered with DS's arrival and visit, that would be horrible!!
    Your number of infected days where you can pass it along must have been reached...7-8 days from the date of infection (not detection), so I sincerely hope you'll all be able to get together comfortably!!

@walkonby, I know you're comfortable once again, thank heavens, and enjoying these lazy summer days. As for exercise, it's the devil's work!! Just a reminder: LAZY days of summer, Missy!! When's the last time you just sat outside and did absolutely nothing more than read a book, sippin' sumthin'? Hmmm???

Too true!! Hahahaha!! Yep, partied, drank, smoked, ate anything, and still had my high-school figure.
    Then along came my 40s...oops, gotta watch everything now, all in moderation.
    Then the 50s...same crap, different pile.
    Then the 60s...maybe it's time to relax a little, I''m in great health!
    In my 70s...good heavens, so close to death and still mis-behaving. Meh.
    Last edited by Lynn49; Wed, Jul 27th, 2022 at 01:15 PM.
    Skippy, harbie, GoJays and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

@Skippy I had no idea you and DW were experiencing some intense covid symptoms. I'm convinced now that my nightmare began 2 days before I actually tested myself and got that faint bottom line in light pink on the tray. As a result the minute I said O.K. I guess I have it....the symptoms of a bad cold were all that really shut me down. Oh and sleep, the desire to do it more than usual.
    Feeling so much better today and I hope you two start improving as each day passes.
    @Lynn49 our doctor told DH to stay 5 days at home ( DH was off work ) once he tested positive. That was it!
    We thought it was going to be 10 days, but the guidelines must have changed.
    All I can say now is I am so relieved and grateful that we both got double vaxed and double boosted.
    We believe it made the difference in severity of symptoms for us.
    Last edited by walkonby; Wed, Jul 27th, 2022 at 01:18 PM.
    Skippy, harbie, Lynn49 and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

@Lynn49 unfortunately DS’s arrival and our infected days overlap but not by much. In the meantime DD,
    SIL and his friends will keep him occupied. He’ll also probably be tired as he’s already at departure airport and doesn’t get in until probably Friday morning! @walkonby we’re plugging away she’s tired while I am just tired of having it! Thankful too that we got our shots and boosters.
    Always remember the What are you thankful for today? thread as there always is something to be thankful for.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

harbie, Lynn49, walkonby and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

harbie, Lynn49, cath007 and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by GoJays View Post
    top of the mornin @GoJays ! Think also of all the good that came from those early mushroom trials and how it allowed new and creative ways to torture and kill men......uh....in movies, yeah in the movies. ha ha

https://www.richardledes.com/richard...l-film-news-03

My day starts now, sleep for me came way too early while struggling to watch the Jays snap their 7 game win streak, Cardinals pitching was off the hook! Good for them. next we'll try and take the Detroit Tigers for all 4 games to start a new streak!
    harbie, Lynn49, GoJays and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Hey! Look at that. I made it here before noon today!

Have a wonderful Friday's Eve everyone
    DANGER

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Good morning!

@GoJays , love the mushroom meme! I recall going mushroom foraging with my parents when we were little. How they knew what varieties to pick remains a mystery to me, but I do know I could eat a jar of our Mom's pickled mushrooms! She could do anything and it would be delicious!

But look at you, @danger_dan , pouring your heart out this morning, meme and everything!!
    A very good morning to you, too!

Looks cloudy out there, might be rain on the way which we need. I never see lawn sprinklers going anymore as we drive along....I recall in the olden days, there were odd/even household days for watering and sprinklers were everywhere! Have we decided to let nature determine what lawn maintenance is now? Strange.........

Ok! Onward to coffee!

Enjoy the dwindling summer days, everyone!
    harbie, GoJays, walkonby and 2 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Good morning all

Happy Friday everyone
    harbie, GoJays, walkonby and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

yes! A very Happy Friday to both @Natalka and me! Well not " us " together.
    We both married our guys on the same date, July 29th, many, many years ago. So Happy Anniversary to us!
    Pretty warm out there today, I may not even bother going out as I had planned.
    Season 2 of the Outlaws is dropping next week on Prime, funny show. Who doesn't enjoy Stephen Merchant and Christopher Walken.
    A comedy of course.
    harbie, GoJays and cath007 like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY TO YOU, @walkonby AND YOUR MR!!
    Wish life were simpler, we'd be there to celebrate with you two!

harbie, walkonby and cath007 like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Last edited by Lynn49; Fri, Jul 29th, 2022 at 10:38 AM.
    walkonby and cath007 like this.

Thread Information