User Tag List

Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
Like Tree2411Likes

Thread: August 2022 Frugal Chatter: All about gardening and saving month!!!!

Smart Canuck
    [vbp_tr_most_helpful_today]
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Grateful for today's northwest wind-cool and refreshing. Even opened a window on a bus that did not have the a/c and wow, that made such a difference in temperature (I waited 10min but I was poaching so got up when the bus was picking up a passenger to yank one window open). Had a water bottle with me (lifesaver)

Explored a new area today-saw one residence with 4 small pear trees by sidewalk-think they are a hard variety as one tree in my area but wow, what a fun thing to see while walking! Also several homes had Rose of Sharon trees in peak bloom! Noticed that Aldershot Library (working water fountain!) installed a coat hook in the washroom-handy place to hang a bag, coat or umbrella. Gave thanks to staff for that needed item! I started about an hour later than planned but got my stops and buses mostly as intended. The one small pharmacy at my first stop-very small selection of items but staff recalled one other person asking for the Lanacane gel too. On my way home, I did not make stops at pharmacies nor Fortinos for Hewitt's ice cream. My body was done with walking. Had lunch/dinner (cherries, hot dogs with buns), talked with Mom then crashed for about an hour of dozing. Realized I forgot to put the garbage/green bin/yard waste out so did that.

If I manage an early start i.e 7:30am tomorrow, I want to get one tub of the Hewitt's ice cream. We're out of watermelon and I can't haul it in the heat. Have Mio water enhancer and will be quick to lie down if body hurts being vertical.

Tonight's plan was to watch Sing 2. Will find something online to watch instead, after getting a cool drink. No excitement in today's mail-lettermail for other family members.
    "This is the Way." The Mandalorian

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel21 View Post
    Noticed that Aldershot Library (working water fountain!) installed a coat hook in the washroom-handy place to hang a bag, coat or umbrella. Gave thanks to staff for that needed item!
    Be careful. I remember a news report about thieves targeting restroom users. They wait for you to hang your bag or coat on the hooks, let you get settled, then grab them from over the top of the stall door and run while you are otherwise occupied.
    My food may not befit a king, but I eat like a horse.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good Morning! Rainy day here today. I thought it was suppose to be humid? It is really cool out here.

Kitchen and dining room is clean. ( we had a nice dinner last night and I cleaned as I cooked) then cleaned after dinner so it was nice to wake up to a clean space (my office lol)
    I will put a load of laundry on and hang to dry in spare room ( gotta keep up on it!)

Treadmill or walk outside. Will watch for a break in the weather and try for outside 1st.

Have a great day!

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

What a busy long weekend! I need a break from the break .

Back to work today so $$$ in and nothing out which is good.

RMT appointment tomorrow (haven’t been in 3 years). $$$ out not good but I have no choice. There is something wrong with my baby finger and ring finger. It is painful to make a fist Fort thing in the morning and the baby likes to pop open like a jack in the box. Something is not good starting in my shoulder so need it fixed.

All finished with grocery shopping last night. Fully stocked and got 10% off at Safeway yesterday. Just need to get some diesel after work and we are good to go.

Have a great day everyone.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Well l guess today is a rain day. Non-stop so far. Thunder too!

I put a clean basket of laundry away and put a load in the washer. Will hang it to dry once done.
    Cleaning out DS's school bag and getting him ready for September.

There has been shelf in the upstairs hallway that has been collecting clothes. (too small stuff) and some junk. Happy to say it has been cleaned off and debating if I am keeping or selling.
    Today is a good day to get the little things done that I have been wanting to tackle.

I made bed and put pillow case on new pillow (it had to breathe) Excited to try it out tonight .

Excited to start on the spare room. Really happy to have the space ( and get rid of the junk) We have a bed in there but I think I want it to go. Want to start fresh.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Apparently my area is under a tornado warning and have been sent down to the basement.
    I ordered a Flashfood veggie box for $5 (I wasn't sure the purchase went through but it did)
    So that is the start of my dinner. Will pick it up after I drop DS off at work. Hope the warning ends soon.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I just found volunteer flowers in our yard. Purple Morning glory and a pink petunia. They are next to our deck, in a flower bed and on the other side the red rhubarb. Both areas need to be weeded again. It’s a never ending job with this yard.

We have been enjoying some fresh raspberries, romaine lettuce, chives, and the peas are starting to fill out. We are already done harvesting the radishes. I need to buy more tomato supports, but our local stores are out of stock.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

the weather was humid this afternoon... we have storms coming though later tonight

my oldest is off tomorrow. she was going to go to town, so i will have her pick up sunlight laundry dtg at rcss for me. 12.99 for 140 load.

this should actull y be a low shop week.. besides that. my dc parent is picking up eggs for me from the farm.

beef dip sandwiches from the crockpot for supper. easy.. and didnt heat the house up
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

My flashfood box is fantastic. Everything is in tip top shape! Better then the produce I see at walmart

4 large potatoes- variety
    zucchini
    3 large onions (red, white and spanish) I paid $2.50 for one onion a few weeks ago.
    3 large tomatoes
    1 cucumber

Now dinner- I chopped up 2 of the potatoes and have them in the oven roasting (all spiced up)
    I have onions, zucchini, peppers and will add fresh garlic in a pan with coconut oil.
    I pulled steak from the freezer.
    Making a small salad to go with.
    Dinner done!!

I will plan dinner for tomorrow night using up the stuff from box.
    Last edited by Frugalbigmama; Wed, Aug 3rd, 2022 at 05:40 PM.
    harbie, JadeAngel, cath007 and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

Yikes. Stay safe @Frugalbigmama

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by harbie View Post
    Yikes. Stay safe @Frugalbigmama
    thank-you. It was called off here. I just heard Southern Western Ontario is under it now. Stay safe friends!
    Last edited by Frugalbigmama; Wed, Aug 3rd, 2022 at 06:25 PM.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

It is wednesday again so dont forget to save your 4 favorites pc offers .I saved pork,ground beef.strawberries and tomatoes,...I hesited between grapes and strawberries lol
    harbie, JadeAngel, barbis9 and 2 others like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Good late evening everyone!!! I am a little bit better today,not 100% correct still have nausea and vomitting but better,.
    I made trought the day
    Compagnies coupons requested start to enter
    Deceived that 1 coupon for the new gm product with cereal box purchase is missing...I wrothe on the gm contest page with no response to date..
    I went to Staples for my Agenda wow 14,99$. and I took 1 simple feature one..STAPLES= so expensive....grr and a pencil holder I paid to much compared to dollorama stupid me...
    At Super C I saw big bags of frozen fruits at 10 or 12$ good to know!|!!
    Have a good evening and night!!!
    Last edited by cath007; Wed, Aug 3rd, 2022 at 10:17 PM.
    harbie, JadeAngel, barbis9 and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    Good Day! Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend. We had sunshine all weekend and the rain only came last evening. A gloomy day today.

Spent the day at my sister's pool on Saturday. She had to take my niece and friend to a mani appointment so I went to her local Zehrs.
    They had the samples of coffee creamer and the FPC as well and I got 11 What a great find!
    Checked out the waterfront festival and got our steps in. So many people!

Took a walk through Independent on my way to pick up DS on Sunday. They had a bunch of markdowns/clearance. .94 cents for pasta sauce, pasta and canned veggies. (I picked up sauce and pasta) $4.94 for a large bag of Basmatti rice!! All had expiry dates in 2023/2024.
    I will make sure to make this a weekly routine since I have been finding deals the past few weeks there.

Dinner last night. I made garlic shrimp shrimp and served it on top of a rice/veggie mixture (I added the leftover coleslaw to the rice and it was really good!)
    I made leftovers for my lunch today but forgot about it when I made my lunch today to bring in to the office lol. (I had made egg salad yesterday) so I made my bento container with an egg salad sandwich with cherries and watermelon. I brought a cream of wheat with almond milk and fresh blueberries for breakfast.

The fridge is stuffed. So many fresh things to enjoy (I bought 7 packages of blueberries! $1.66 compared to $4.99 at RCSS where I pm'd) and bonus PC PTS!!
    The watermelon is good and I will buy another on Thursday (No Frills under $3) .88 cucumbers GT (I pm'd and had 300 pts per $1 in pc pts) Tonight I will clean out the fridge and try and organize it a bit. I have upped my healthy eating and prepping is what helps me.
    Hoping to go to the beach after work tomorrow night and will bring a nice dinner in my bento container

So this weeks plan is to get through work. Tidy the house. Get posting stuff for sale so I can build my "crap sold" fund.
    Prep the spare room for paint. This room can finally be empty so I am thinking of moving my office in there. (It is spiderman blue at the moment lol)
    Keep up on laundry. Go for a walk tonight before bed everynight
    Have a wonderful day everyone!

11 Fpc's wow lucky you will be good for a while haha.Sadly at my IGA,Super C and Maxi I did not spot sampling and noneless to said no coupon(s)... It is a good coupon,coffee creamer are super expensive

Now wondering if sampling exist in QC groceries..never seen one...or I dont go the good days...
    Last edited by cath007; Wed, Aug 3rd, 2022 at 10:04 PM.
    harbie, JadeAngel, barbis9 and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

@Angela273 @Frugalbigmama : awesome groceries deals like always
    I so need to rework my grocery shopping skills haha..
    Last edited by cath007; Wed, Aug 3rd, 2022 at 10:14 PM.

Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread Information