User Tag List

Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast
Like Tree2411Likes

Thread: August 2022 Frugal Chatter: All about gardening and saving month!!!!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Placed 3 loaves of sliced bread into fridge so the loaves stand a chance of carrying on into next week. Removed the last celery bunch, two rubber carrots and radish bunch. Juiced first two vegetables and sliced up the radishes (super peppery this time!).

Also placed Mom's cucumbers and plums into the crispers. Watching produce ruin on the counter and attracting fruit flies is a turn-off this week. She thinks everything tastes better at room temperature but when one waits past a certain amount of time in a day, one is looking at compost.
    "This is the Way." The Mandalorian

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I cannot locate an online copy of The CNE's visitor guide. I came across the policies in effect at the CNE-no hoverboards, bikes, in-line skates during the fair. https://www.theex.com/guest-info/ (think the equipment rules exempts performers at the CNE using bikes etc).

Karon Liu wrote about foods coming to this year's CNE. Soft serve ketchup and mustard cones! https://twitter.com/karonliu/status/1554835061802840071
    "This is the Way." The Mandalorian

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

I knocked a few things off my todo list today. Told DH he is responsible for booking to hotel and I will do the ferry, I have also been working on a list for the kids as they are home 10 days without us so responsible for the house and dog.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

Work wasn’t too bad then. Hot as usual but not too overwhelming. Not much improvement with my hand/arm. It’s only been 1 RMT appointment so hopefully more and the hot and cold soakings will work.

Despite not feeling 100% I made Dh Mac and cheese and broccoli with fusilli. It’s his fave. Maybe I can talk him into getting a nice cream to share on our walk tonight.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    Oh what a week, a manager was off this week so I covered them so I was in the office full time doing 10 to 10.5 hour days. Plus I was training a new staff member in the same location so quite a few nights I was behind and had to bring work home to stay on top of things. It was a good week, but a long week.

Tuesday after work I ran to RCSS, I needed to grab Mom some bread, but of course grabbed a few other things:
    2 x Oat & Honey Bread $2.99
    1 x Cranberry Bread $2.99
    2 x Green Onion $0.79
    1 x Cherry Tomatoes 981g $6.00
    1 x Orange Juice $2.88

Spent about $20. Not sure what is up but we are going through a lot of Green Onions lately and this is now a good price, missing the 2 for $1 sales.

I will use the Cranberry Bread for breakfasts this week, I will pre prep it, I will butter two slices wrap them in paper towel and put them in the freezer so I can grab and go when needed.

I was going to go grocery shopping this morning for this week but I just did not feel like it. All week I have been up and out of the house by 6 am, today I just wanted to relax. There are some fresh things I want to grab for the week but we have enough to get through the weekend.

Don't really have a plan for today. Always stuff to get done but also need some me time to relax and unwind after this week.

Happy Saturday Everyone
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

I’m taking today off! I’m going to grab a coffee and watch Saturday morning cartoons. Yup. I loves me some good old Tom & Jerry and Bugs! I’m going to head to the garden first before it gets too hot and then it’s relaxation time.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Ugh, just found out I was possibly exposed again at work.

Good news is, it is not considered close contact for me, I was in the same room as them for a little bit but was distanced and I had a mask on. So to be safe I will test before I go in next week but mainly just have to monitor for symptoms for 10 days and mask at work.

Kind of sucks because I had no contact with this person but right as I went to leave I got called in to explain an issue to them.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Oh so tired had my daughter and sebastian for 4 days they just left for toronto at 10.00 a.m .It is hard amusing a child in this heat when my daughter had back to back zoom meetings the other day.

So took him to adventure village for bumper cars and a few other treats .Then over to walmart so he could pick out a toy he added 10.00 of his money to a jurassic dinosaur -i didnt mind as i pick up a few things for the girls thruout the months .Grabbed a sunlight for 8.97 ,and gave my daughter toilet paper ,fabric softner and laundry soap to take home .

She treated us to a nice restaurant meal she got with uber the other night.

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

Oh @SassyAshley I’m sorry. This Covid is certainly not done with us even though we’re DONE with it!. Not sure what your job is but do the staff wear masks? Does the company require it? Or is it just a free for all like most places? I’m sure you will be negative but it’s still frustrating.

Sounds like you need some rest @coupon girl I can’t imagine entertaining anyone when it’s super hot/humid.

I tidied up the garden before it got too hot. Was able to pick lots of green onions, peas and a few flowers (dahlia’s are my favourite flower). Recycling is going out soon and I need to do my arm water treatment again but first cartoons that I recorded.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

@harbie , masks are now optional at work. We actually kept our mask mandate for months longer than Ontario did but it got to the point we did make it optional.

So true, Covid is not over. It is just frustrating when you are doing everything you can but you cannot control everything.

I realize this is me and my anxiety but when you have exposed twice in a month it just makes you think and for me feel like exposure of everywhere (which it always is and I get that) but it make me think twice about the fact I am supposed to be in 3 different branches this week. I really want to go back into my bubble of never leaving the house.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

covid is most certainly not over. people are over it. i am over it... but it is not over.

so.. on the covid note...

my work issue involved me making a insanely hard choice, and i gave notice to a family. it really is the best for them . i was not helping this child. and this child needs to be with older kids. any hoo...
    that led me to have to do interviews to fill the spots... ( bleh yuck hate interviews)

i am still doing them outside ( weird but works) ... and i need to tell people my 5 things... 1- we have pets ( so they are fully aware some people have allergies) , 2- we get outside... alot!!! , 3- no tv. nope my kids do not watch tv. , 4- LGTBQplus friendly, and 5- we believe in vaccines...
    yep ,, i had to add that.
    i tell my families that just for trasparency... so noone is .. caught unaware.

so covid.. had the talk with potential parents.. .. .. they are full on board with my policies.. i filled my spots in 3 days. 2 spots. 2 interviews. i told them my views. done. i did not ask vaccination status .. both brought up.. 3x vaccinated. lol

do we all want covid to be over. yep. is it . nope.

ok.. rest of my day. quick trip to home depot.. got what we needed for 3 projects. quick no frills trip.. it was beside it. ... home now. had a huge headache.. re air quality...
    i plan on working in my family room.. decluttering a bit. then work on my crochet a bit... and a movie with hubby.. subs for supper... and fruit salad later.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

So i went to library got my 3 holds on wonderfull books ,just relaxing as i dont babysit at all this week ,as son went away with his family to a cottage with his wifes side.

Then popped into shoppers for my butter -yes got the last 4 -look at this great deal

(4) no name butter 4.29 sat/sun -2 personal offers i moved one from last week over got 5,000 pts plus a 1.00 from gocoupons for buying butter and 2 pears =$11.16 =$2.79 each butter -yes a deal breaker.
    (1) kelloggs cereal special k vanillla$4.49-800 points -1.00 checkout 51=2.69 sad i have no coupons ,someone took the whole pad.
    (2) st.ives body wash as mine is deplinshing in my stockpile 4.99 -2,000 instore when you buy 2 -1.00 each on checkout51=2.99 another great price as i never see it 1.99 anymore .

I did spend just over 60.00 so got 20 x the points =30,800

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Good earlier evening everyone!!!
    Very hot today 30 degres now.And the AC was not inclined enough so we had to reajust it and we had water on the floor but it seems to be okaie for now.phew
    I admit I took the day off too.My body dont want to do anything after first week of school and the week I had with problems and body issue.
    So I will just chill relax ,order some more coupons.
    Yeah I heard you @Giseledta and @SassyAshley on covid cases,,,my class had 3 cases t his week...We had the notice to be carefull..but I am the only one washing frequently my hands....huh that is crazy and piss me off..
    Tomorrow grocery shopping and laundry
    Have a good evening and night!!!
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Not the day I planned as DH called me before I started my day and he needed a ride as his bike had an issue. Fortunately I had already loaded my paddling gear and he had parked about 15 minutes from the place I paddle but it still threw my day off because it was an hours drive to go get him to take him to his car. Then once I was home I took DS2 to bed bath and beyond. He picked up a bunch of stuff for school and I need another trip to Costco as I forgot pillows last week. Then that’s as good as it gets. He moves in August 31 and his brother will take him and then DH and I will take his fridge and carpet to him on the weekend and do a last minute shop.
    The menu is planned for the week using what we have so just some groceries needed for the kids like bread and milk. The rest they can take care of. Need to get road trip snacks too, for me that’s fruit and for DH and my mom it’s candy.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Today is day 8 of 10 before I get to start tapering off the high dose of this medication, which has been helping these itchy spots. No new spots. The existing spots are showing signs of healing. The side effects of this medication have been rough, including insomnia. I hope that the side effects go away quickly and that the spots don’t flare up.

Dh finished Physio and his WCB claim a week ago. He still has exercises to stay proactive.

Arrangements with our sitter are being sorted out. This is the 3rd year that she’s worked for us, out of our home. She’s a grandma and loves our kids. This week I gave her the colour coded calendar schedule for the rest of 2022. I have 13 Fridays off, which she in turns has off. I made a recipe book of easy recipes that the kids will enjoy for suppers. We’ve agreed on wages, which includes extra costs for nights that she takes our kids to gymnastics. I’ll still be home most weekends…so I’ll still do laundry, grocery shopping, yard work, household stuff, when I’m home.

Today we got one load of laundry done, picked up a few basics at Sobeys, weeded a bunch in the front yard/lawn. I underestimated how many green weeds are trying to go to seed in this dry weather. It hasn’t rained in over a week and there’s virtually no rain in our forecast.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread Information