User Tag List

Page 15 of 24 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast
Like Tree2411Likes

Thread: August 2022 Frugal Chatter: All about gardening and saving month!!!!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

I popped over to no frills at 8.,00 a.m when they opened ,i havent gotten groceries ina good week and a half (only milk,bread fruit and veggies in between)
    My bill came to 159.49 used 60.00 in points -thank goodness for points.so $99.49 i bought a few things for when the girls sleep over applesauce pouches to take on the go ,chips etc.

Got home and wasnt feeling good had the chills and running to the washroom ,so lying around .uggg
    harbie, JadeAngel, barbis9 and 5 others like this.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

I did groceries today at Sobeys and rushed to get my scene card loaded because sobeys has already made the switch to Scene so I earned 1750 points which I believe is $ 17.50
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Have a nice trip lilo ,down east.
    harbie, barbis9, lilo0003 and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

The watermelon is almost consumed. For some reason, Mom cut the centre parts into oversize chunks-so there are tons of seeds to pick out before taking a bite. Humidity is here and rain's in the forecast for three days (incl. today). Friday seems to be a fine day for those who can make it to the CNE's opening day. Reminder that CNE pass sales end on Aug 18 if you are looking for admission or combo passes (though I understand some safety inspector strike might impact the Ex-rides?).

Am amazed I was able to do yard work yesterday (cool wind). Today I feel the skewers of pain in my torso and it's bad. I've only used a glass wipe on one door window. Will give the other door window a wipe too. Just not feeling like I can stand up for very long--the structural changes hard to ignore.

Amazon socks came yesterday. Skechers no-show packaging stated sock size 9-11, shoe size 5-9.5. I mentally freaked out but put on a pair-sock fits over foot though a tad snug across toes. 6prs so I have a cooler sock option for hot days. I have been finding the regular Hot Sox elastic a major pain issue on hot days (it digs in and the heat makes it worse) and I don't always need a regular sock, just a liner of some sort for quick trips outside in my runners or slides.

Though today's mail was just 4 flyers, one of them is a proper Bulk Barn 8-page flyer (last time we had a flyer was about 3 yrs ago) That is luxury, my friends! Coupons on front page as well. Marks.com is having a sale on Aug19-21 (though something is on sale Aug 18).

*actually the Bulk Barn flyer contains 6pgs. Sorry for the overstatement...
    Last edited by Ciel21; Wed, Aug 17th, 2022 at 01:17 PM.
    harbie, Angela273, barbis9 and 3 others like this.
    "This is the Way." The Mandalorian

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I was looking at the Fortinos digital flyer and noticed that the Martelli canned peach slices have two different prices, $3.99 or $4.99. Not sure if there's a reason for it as item is on two different pages. I could not find the product on my last trip.

Think I need another basket of peaches-they weren't soft but at least they were juicy and had some sweetness. I finished the basket yesterday--must need that fibre!
    harbie, barbis9, cath007 and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    Halloween. I am on the hunt for stuff to hand out. Want to get good stuff and decorate a bit this year.
    Missed it in 2019 (away for family wedding/vacation) 2020 (Neighbours weren't handing out because of Covid so I didn't)
    Last year I handed out for a bit but it wasn't the large crowd as usual. (and it was a crappy night)
    What deals do you see?

I have the Oasis Juice FPC so I think I will redeem for drinking boxes for the little ones.
    If you are keen on a big shop at RCSS this week, a $250+ spend will get you a free box of Made Good variety pack snacks. $24.99 value. On the front page of the flyer.

There's also a PC OPt offer to load to get 5000 PC Opt pts for every $15 spent on Nestle Favourites snack-sized treats.
    Last edited by Ciel21; Tue, Aug 16th, 2022 at 04:30 PM.
    harbie, barbis9, cath007 and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Remember the Angry Mama microwave steam cleaner gadgets? Walmart.ca is showing two Chilly Mama gadgets for fridge and freezer use when I searched for fridge & freezer baking soda. I plan to get 4 cardboard boxes of the soda, not the gadgets, but liked having a laugh.

https://www.walmart.ca/search?q=baki...sorber&c=10018
    harbie, barbis9, walkonby and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Received my 2 FPCS( Lays and Tostitos strip) from the Pepsi contest in today mail..so I am waiting my wons codes in my e-mails soon..
    Grr noticed I purchased the Palmolive dish soap to soon...they are advertissed at 1,00$ in next maxi flyer. limit of 4..kind of a sale event.so they could had been free..waste of 3$ ggrrr bummer..It is difficult now to plan the sales and know when et where it is a good prices...
    Really bad day in class...I lost my finished french text...I recorded in a usb key but not correctly apparently...all erased ..I am so pissed...I really worked hard on this text...will have to redo it maybe tonight...so frustrating!!!
    no way to have it back I tried everything..
    2 more positives responses from compagny yay!!!
    Have a good evening and night.
    EDIT: It is really the usb key the problem even formated..still problems..no receipt anymore so I cannot be refunded..purchased maybe 3 months ago...so lost 30$..I put on Kingston website an inquiry for a replacement without big hope...never I will repurchase this brand...never...so pissed...<
    Last edited by cath007; Tue, Aug 16th, 2022 at 08:48 PM.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

$47.75 from SARCAN returns this morning.

Quick NF shop
    Stocked up on canned pineapple $1.50/can + 400pts/$2 personal offer
    $0.69 English cucumber
    Used $9.18 in coupons
    redeemed $20 in points

My school finalized their bell schedule for this school year, so I spent an hour making my 6 day teaching timetable…I teach high school and elementary classes in the same school day…but the bell and break times don’t completely match up. This document will be useful next week when the entire staff has meetings. We have to figure out supervision schedules. Lunch supervision is paid, everything else is a requirement of the job. My schedule shows that I cannot do morning recess supervision, but I can do certain afternoon recess supervisions. Of course there is also before and after school bus supervision.
    harbie, JadeAngel, barbis9 and 4 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

crazy busy week. good busy , but dang. busy.
    still working on the room re organise. it feels really good. really good.

this is a low shop week. might be a close to zero shop. the dream

we potentially have a busy weekend.. hopefully not to busy... but good busy.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Some great printable coupons became available this morning.

Save On Danone Products With This New $1.00 Printable Coupon!Printable Your Coupon Here. https://www.canadiansavingsgroup.ca/...none-products/

KRAFT PRINTABLE COUPONS:https://savewithshortcuts.kraftcanada.ca/
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good morning!

Dinner last night was BLSL chicken breast, diced sweet potato and red potato with onions and olive oil and corn on the cob.
    All on the bbq! Easy dinner and no pots and pans.

Breakfast this morning will be eggs and rye toast.

Fridge needs a good clean out and to be organized. So much cheese just shoved in. Thinking I should make a mac and cheese today.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Dropped off ashlyn to enpowerment learning at a school a bit distance from our house ,now we will pick her up with cara.Then off to sons house til 5.00 p.m busy with the girls .

At least i was able to hang my clothing out.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Fridge cleaned out. (11 bars of cheese and one bag of shredded mozz is the count)
    Made a Mac and Cheese and it's in the oven now.
    Dishes washed and kitchen cleaned.

I have a massage this afternoon so want to get all my chores done before then.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

There's rain in today's forecast. Early this morning (I barely slept due to pain issues but managed to get most of my August expenses tallied and I realized I got carried away with one online order $$), the sky looked like it was not going to have sunshine but the promise of rain. So far, it's hot and muggy outdoors with just enough wind to dry the thinner laundry. Towels are going to take time and the fine black bugs are all over the white towels. Literally (esp. if the towels got into the shade as the sun moved overhead).

Reviewed Mom's bank statements and bills. Freaked out over the Enbridge $154. and change balance payment for natural gas. Think this is 2nd or 3rd balance payment in the current fiscal year for Enbridge. It used to be just August and under $56 but those days are long gone. Just over 30 cents per cubic metre for natural gas (what the heck-July price increase plus $1.31 rate adjustment with added HST, not the $1.11 shown in leaflet). I foresee news stories in fall and winter of gas customers using their fondue burners to cook meals to save on gas bills and creating some resulting fires. Then spent about another 7 minutes going through some of her mail and organizing it to give a small table some space. Wish she had done it during her Youtube marathons as she sits in front of that table but she stalled on her small recycling effort last week.

My box of treats and beverages arrived before 7pm last night. Have enjoyed 3 beverages so far. Realized I did not get one item I got billed for plus one treat is actually smaller and a different price but I got charged for the larger one I had requested at higher price. Sent an email asking for the $10 and change refund.

Hanes My Comfort camisole with shelf bra review (from Amazon order)-fine with the cotton blend gray melange mix colour but two issues-the non-adjustable part of strap is stretchy knit fabric (so adds to strap length). I had to adjust the colour-matched satin nylon elastic all the way down to shortest section and the strap still is a tad too long on both sides. The bra band is a bit wider across the finished bottom of the bust of the cami(about 1/2-1" more than Elita's camisole finished band width) but the worse problem is the neckline and underarms-each underarm pouches out about 1-1/2" from
    underarm and the neckline bags or sags. So this cami is not going to give a smooth line under shirts. Since I'm a bigger B cup with two different sized cups, I think a person who is a C or D cup might like having more room at the top of the camisole with a tapered fit right under the bust (shelf bra seems deeper than that on the Elita cami from The Bay). GIven how desparate I am for a second cami with shelf bra, it's ok for my needs but it will disappoint anyone wanting a smooth neckline. Bonus length-the hem reaches down two inches over the tops of my thighs (and I'm 5'11"). If I had a decent serger machine (not using my awful light serger gizmo on the sewing machine), I'd take off a bit of the length and take in the underarms to snug the fit. The overall camisole XL size fits about 1" looser than Elita's Metropolis camisole (in either the current rayon/microfibre blend or the former all microfibre style) which is snug by comparison. Hope this review helps anyone looking for a deal on a cami with shelf bra (about 7 colour options) for $18.97 plus HST.

Computer has indicated for a few minutes that rain is on and off. It's not yet raining but the sky certainly has gotten watery. Just going to rescue the laundry before the rain-brb.

Page 15 of 24 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

Thread Information