User Tag List

Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
Like Tree2380Likes

Thread: September 2022 Frugal Chatter; Almost Fall and Harvest time !!!

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    I had planned to take this weekend off but this morning as I had my tea I wrote next week's to-do-list for work. A bunch of stuff came in Friday afternoon I did not get to since I was in the plant. Sorted it all out this morning and put it on my to-do-list for next week, although it is in my email I find writing it down purges it from my mind so I do not keep thinking about reminding myself I need to do it.

Today I feel like I need a tidy up day around the house. I just feel like there are odds and ends all over the place that just need to be put in their home. I moved a bunch of stuff around to make it easier for Mom well I was away but now that I am back it is time to reorganize and move things back to their home.

I thought about running back to the store because I forgot to grab baguettes for Mom, we are out of French Toast bake in the freezer but, nope maybe next week. We will make it through the weekend without.

Happy Saturday
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good morning!
    Beautiful sunny day! Heard it will be a hot hot day here! I have closed all the windows/curtains etc.

I dropped DS off at work for 830am. Grabbed a coffee at Mcdonald's and then popped in SDM for the eggs.
    Checked the clearance rack (I almost didn't bother since I was there yesterday) It was stocked! Tons of facial cleanser for $2. Decided on 2 Biore since they had the pump and that is great for in the shower. Received 7500 in store bonus points! So of course I went and grabbed the last 2. Couldn't see the offer anywhere (wonder if the other brands have it)

Making eggs and toast for breakfast and then a shower and head to the water for a walk. Need to enjoy this nice weather while we can!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

I cleaned out the upright freezer yesterday. It is full. I can squeeze a few more things if I need to. Have a great assortment of ground beef/roasts/ready made burger patties/sausage/steak/some chicken (more then I thought- a few BLSL breasts, few whole chickens, few flats of drumsticks, mark angelo chicken breast with asparagus I think it is)but would like to get more chicken. The pork I got a few weeks ago (3 x pork chunks and 1 x chops) and tons of peameal roasts and other pork roasts I got on Flashfood for $2 awhile ago. Think I will use the roasts for DS's fried rice. Will be a great way to use them up. Oh and tons of shrimp!
    I feel good about this going into the Fall.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

No Frills Aisles of Glory Game Is Back!See Details And Play Here.https://www.canadiansavingsgroup.ca/...glory-is-back/
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Morning -i also am cleaning out defrosting my freezer ,small chest one down the basement as i have enough room to put all the stuff in my small fridge freezer in the kitchen .

I think i will keep a running total of items in a booklet near the freezer of how many items and what .Doing 2 loads of laundry today and just relaxing ,no i will not go grocery shopping til next week .Today will cook a chicken (i know its hot but it has been all summer)then i will make soup on sunday .

The top i got in my old navy order is too small for me so back it goes next week or the following week as no way am i going near a mall this week.

Just got gas $1.467 may as well when its that cheap ,put in $28.00 to top it up.

Popped into shoppers just for milk ,paper and purex $3.99-1.50 checkout51=2.49 cheap .
    Last edited by coupon girl; Sat, Sep 3rd, 2022 at 02:09 PM.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Today is one of those days where I am struggling with writing a meal plan as I keep ending up with a theme:

First meal plan almost every dish (5 out 7) had pasta
    Second meal plan 8 out of 9 dishes were Chicken
    Third meal plans 5 out of 8 meals have rice or would be served with rice

I am still working on a balanced meal plan.

Then I was down in the basement tidying my pantry, I have lost track of how many weeks of shopping were down there living in bags waiting to be put away. Plus there were still some large items (bag of flour, jugs of oil) that were still in the other room and had not been moved back to pantry after the drywall was installed.

I was working away and all of a sudden I realized, I really feel like I am swaying again (it had been getting better), then I realized I forgot my meds this morning. So I put a pause on the project to go take my meds and because the swaying was bad decided it was time for another cup of tea and a lunch break.

Only thing was when we decided on lunch it was in the chest freezer which was buried under cleaning products that needed to be put away. Cleaning products are now away but need to add organizing my clean pantry to my long term to-do-list, I am not happy with the current flow of the pantry.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

I am all caught up on the laundry and housework after our return. My older son did a good job of keeping it all in order and even the flower and veggies survived. The cheery tomato’s are going like gang busters the beefsteak are ok, looks like a few plants have almost no fruit. Not sure what that’s about, but they are amazing. We had toasted tomato sandwiches for lunch today. I harvested some kale for the freezer yesterday and the pepper plants are full just waiting for the colour to turn.
    We all had good luck at a popular thrift chain in Nova Scotia. Most pieces sell for less than 6.00. My younger son has always loved thrifting and he converted his brother. They are not the same size so where able to find stuff for each other. With my thrifting and garage sale finds this year have a very full closet so I am going to get rid of some things I no longer live or don’t spark joy. Will save that for a rainy day.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

lilo-great job your boys did great .
    I love thrifting ,i am planning to go to talize soon now that i am not watching the girls all day ,just after school some days.
    I would have loved to go this past monday as it was 50% ,but again i dont wish to be in crowds as we have not caught covid yet plus i was babysitting all 3 grandkids that day .

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Pantry is officially tidied and everything is in the Pantry.

Turn out the following items were moved back into pantry:
    Flour - Both All Purpose & Whole Wheat
    Vegetable Oil
    A bin of Rice
    A bin of Chinese Noodles
    Everything is now back in the pantry

Then I put away all of the groceries from many trips.
    I knew I bought a bag of White Potatoes because I thought they would be good for Mom well I was away. She would just be able to wash and use vs peeling if she was having a bad day. Turns out I bought 2 bags, I totally thought I only bought 1.

We also had a bad potato situation in a bag of Russet Potatoes I bought, ugh, nothing worse than a bad potato.

I feels good to have everything in the pantry and to see what we have and what we need to stock up on. Going into Fall, we will need more Broth for all the soups, stews and casseroles. Hoping for a good Pasta Sauce sale, it is no longer cheaper to make our own since I cannot get the large cans tomatoes anymore at Costco. But all and all I am happy where we are at, we are well stocked up with lots of options.

Next I need to rearrange the "craft room" which is the room that flooded. All of the furniture is pushed against the back wall so they could replace the drywall on the front wall. I am struggling a bit with how to make this work,we put some extra shelves in the room to lift everything off the ground with the thought eventually they would move into the L which will become our storage area, but we still need to clean our the L.

So for the time being everything needs to stay in this room but I also need to make the shelves that are staying in that room accessible. There is stuff we brought up to the main floor to keep safe incase we flooded again that I need to move back down but I need access to shelves.

I had also been planning to help Mom work on the bookshelves on the main floor but she had a bad night last night. She did not sleep well and when she does not sleep well she is in more pain. That mixed in with the humidity today, it was not the right day. Instead she helped me a bit in the basement and marinated the steaks I grabbed on Thursday. We pre marinate them before we freeze them.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

I just pulled the potatoes from the garden as they were getting a little unruly and DH likes them as baby potatoes. I may plant some leaf lettuce and see what happens before the snow flies. Beets may be an option as well. Dinner today is corn from No Frills. It was 19cents a cob and looks great. Then sausage on a bun. It will be interesting to see how our grocery spend changes with one son out of the house. We will still pay for his snacks and the food he keeps in his dorm for emergencies.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Did 2 loads of laundry today. One hung to dry and one of whites and in the dryer.

Made burgers for lunch. Had one with cauliflower and carrots with dip as a side and leftovers in the fridge for DS.
    Heating up the leftovers of Annie's mac and shells that I made for dinner last night... Just not hungry for dinner these days.

DS has lots of sausage to eat so will buy him buns for that so he can get started on them this week. Other then that we don't really need any groceries. Our fridge is full so we need to use stuff up before adding more.

Puttered in the garage and tossed some stuff and tidied up. Will have the garage ready for parking for Sept 30th. It's basically ready now DS just has to move his project and then we would have to put away the camping chairs/tires and move the bbq to it's spot for the winter.

Bought DS a pair of Under Armor casual shoes that were on clearance for $45! Hope he likes them. If not I will return them and keep my $50

Have everything needed to make work/school lunches on Monday Will pick up a new coffee maker tonight or tomorrow at Walmart (just buying a cheap one on for $15) Will pay for itself in a week! Lots of coffee beans on hand to use up and will redeem FPC's for cream
    I have a tank top that I don't love from Walmart to return so that will pay for 2/3rds of the coffee maker!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Happy long weekend all-just catching up on posts and it sounds like everyone has been busy. Pretty hot here this weekend so looking forward to a bit of a cool down later in the week. Did some shopping with DH today and we managed to get some things at a more reasonable cost than we have seen lately. Gas prices seem to be dropping quite a bit here too.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

I just popped out to RCSS to see if the Sunlight detergent deal worked (posted in deals thread)
    It did! Think I may have to go back tomorrow and get 4 more.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

it must be the weekend for cleaning pantry and freezer. thats on my todo list ... i am a bit concerned about grocery prices.. i noticed a increase.

i might do some baking tomorrow.
    i am going to spend a bit of time planning out the next 2 months... hmmm that sounds good .. 2 months of dc stuff.
    harbie, JadeAngel, barbis9 and 4 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    Loving the cooler temps that moved in overnight.

I need/want to do some baking, not sure if I will do that day or tomorrow, we shall see how the day goes.

I wrote my projects to-do-list last night and actually it is not bad as I expected. There are a few larger tasks that will take some time but a lot of them I should be able to tackle in a few hours if I focus. The plan is to go back to trying to tackle one project per week on top of my normal to-do-list or maybe I will aim for 3 projects a month to give a little breathing room, we shall see.

Not 100% sure of my plan for today, we shall see how Mom is feeling when she gets up. I would like to work on Hallway bookcase but I need her help for that so it will depend how she feels. If she is not up for it than I will work in the kitchen.

Happy Sunday

Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread Information