User Tag List

Page 7 of 24 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast
Like Tree2380Likes

Thread: September 2022 Frugal Chatter; Almost Fall and Harvest time !!!

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

@SassyAshley I certainly didn't envy you that long day of driving. I would have made a quickie dinner once home as well.
    @Ciel21 my flyers arrived about 10 minutes ago and I got a grand total of just TWO grocery store ones....a Food Basics and a Walmart.
    What a waste of my time waiting for them to get here. No FreshCo, Metro or No Frills, which are all the usual ones inside the paper.
    About watering the lawn in front....ha ha ...if you can even call what we have out there a lawn anymore. Nope, we don't.
    DH does however water his precious flowers and plants that are in the ground and in boxes and baskets.

babies teach us acceptance

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    @SassyAshley I certainly didn't envy you that long day of driving. I would have made a quickie dinner once home as well.
    @Ciel21 my flyers arrived about 10 minutes ago and I got a grand total of just TWO grocery store ones....a Food Basics and a Walmart.
    What a waste of my time waiting for them to get here. No FreshCo, Metro or No Frills, which are all the usual ones inside the paper.
    About watering the lawn in front....ha ha ...if you can even call what we have out there a lawn anymore. Nope, we don't.
    DH does however water his precious flowers and plants that are in the ground and in boxes and baskets.
    My weeds are growing great

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Just put a load in the washer.....and decided to strip down and wash everything I was wearing lol. Now I am in a housecoat working until I have a shower. Trying to keep up on laundry since I hang most to dry so things stay looking new and last longer.

Ok I need to make myself a "to do" list. I seem to get things done when I see it and can cross it off
    Last edited by Frugalbigmama; Thu, Sep 8th, 2022 at 10:49 AM.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Good day everyone! I can’t believe we’re nearly in the second week of September! For those of you with kids you probably don’t need me to tell you.
    August was a good month with DS visiting but DW and I needed to recover from it all. We’re getting older
    it would appear.DW manages to do her job while I do just what I can around the place.This humid weather still does not help either! I absolutely love fall and can hardly wait till more leaves change their colour, the smell of their rot fills the air and I can shuffle through the fallen leaves.
    In the meantime using the crockpot(35+ years new)for dinner helps me keep my cool. Thankful for chicken being cheap and sales of roast beasts. Other “sales” still leave me wanting and don’t get me started on the sale price only if you buy 3 or more!!!(end of rant).
    For those of you who have an air fryer do you have a “go to” site for recipes as I am a newbie! TIA
    Enjoy the rest of your day and not too many more sleeps till the weekend! Blessings my friends!
    Always remember the What are you thankful for today? thread as there always is something to be thankful for.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Today at shoppers i paid $2.08 a loaf of country harvest bread -i got 4 loaves
    first seniors discount 4.29-20%=3.43
    then gfet 3,000 points when you spent 10.00 or more on country harvest
    then my personal points i got 2,400
    plus 2 foamy orange hand soap 1.97 on clearance table

got my milk also cheaper

then at rexall i got 10,000 bewell points for my birthday month when i bought one item bought 2.49 lavender ,lemon shortbread cookies ,sound nice to have with a cup of tea.

then i went to giant tiger and got a few vip specials
    bolthouse juice paid 3.47 after my 1.00 cpn and vip offer.
    1.97 for a lindt bar
    wonder english muffins 2.00 vip offer
    magic eraser 1.97 for 2 vip offer

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Also did the maxi and cie kellogs deal with 6000 points per 12$ and the 1$ coupons not as good if I had 2,00$ coupons but still cheap price for 7 boxes of special k famillial cereal vanilla almonds...they where only that amount left of this variety I hope they will still carry this size...so I got 18 000 points and 7 x1,00$ coupon and the cereals where 5,49$
    38,43$ minus 18$ points minus 7$ coupons =13,48$ so appro 1,85$ per boxe happy but had to put a points inquiry because I was missing out of my 18 000 ...6000 points...but got them ,.dad was at his 2 last boxes..
    EDIT: Submitted my receipt on CO51 For 5$ but I dont think it will work and I dont count on that in the factor.It is difficult to reach 20$ for a cheque for me...
    Last edited by cath007; Fri, Sep 9th, 2022 at 06:13 PM.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

What a nice day it was today. Went for a walk after work today. Sat down by the water and just enjoyed the fresh air.
    Then DS wanted to go to the bank and activate his new bank cards and do a deposit. Machine wouldn't accept cash. We tried twice.
    Went to CT to have his Mastercard Application Approval verified with his ID. He is excited

Tidied the kitchen. I finally made the fried rice with veggies and shrimp. Think it was the best batch yet.
    Have some for my lunch tomorrow at the office which is great. Will be a busy work day so nice to have something quick to heat and eat.
    Kitchen is clean. Time to relax now.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

took the day off yesterday, not by choice. massive tummy issue. pretty sure i know the cause. i have a allergy , that tends to act up... itsnot pretty. back to everything from scratch... good thing i know how to cook. lol

made rice pudding tonight. love a good rice pudding.

i need to find a local , deal finding person. lol. i seriously feel like i need to up my grocery game.

i am absoultly loving my crew this september, early days, but omg.. so amazing. defintaly feeling my groove with the lovies.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    Just put a load in the washer.....and decided to strip down and wash everything I was wearing lol. Now I am in a housecoat working until I have a shower. Trying to keep up on laundry since I hang most to dry so things stay looking new and last longer.

Ok I need to make myself a "to do" list. I seem to get things done when I see it and can cross it off
    I have done the same-putting all togs on me into the washer before heading to the shower in the basement. Very convenient/get-it-done!
    harbie, JadeAngel, barbis9 and 2 others like this.
    "This is the Way." The Mandalorian

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Did the evening walk to bank (the order refund arrived on Tues! ), deposited some cash, shopped at Fortinos and SDM. New to me cashier at Shoppers needs some more time with training-he gave me my receipt and closed the cash drawer without giving me my change. I also had to ask for him to return my Presto card after it was loaded. To get my cash, he did a refund/customer not satisfied transaction. I expressed concern he would not balance at end of shift but he said all was well. New faces seem to be at the store every 3 months or so. While he did bag my items, he did not pull the bag off the holders and hand it over to me. Very DIY experience tonight.

Odd sight (First time in town)-a man was using bathroom tissue with his pants dropped at the shrub garden part of the TD bank property. Just gave him a wide berth and kept my eyes elsewhere. Thing was is that the nearby Fortinos bathroom was open.

Happy that my grocery order came today-I'll see if I can manage to keep a few things into next week, so all the good things don't get consumed by this weekend. Am considering doing a fresh produce/beverage order next week to make sure there's stuff in the fridge when Mom and Bro come home.

Tomorrow's action plan is to take the bus and be at the salon at opening time to get my haircut evened out. It needs doing and this week has been passing without action on this activity. If I can get three things at Food Basics too before taking the bus over to Longos, that will be a great use of time/transfer.

It was stunning to see the rubble of four vacant houses in my neighbourhood. One chimney and wall remain standing from the house that used to have a commercial apple orchard. This afternoon, so many birds relocated to trees on opposite side of my street because they could not land in the big trees on the vacant properties due to the machinery and transport truck with bin in motion all day.
    harbie, JadeAngel, barbis9 and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Oh, @Giseledta you just gave me an easy dessert idea for my new carton of milk and the Italian rice in the pantry! Rice pudding is awesome cold!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

While looking at produce pages of grocery flyers-I noticed that nectarines are in 2L clamshell containers. Hey, peaches and nectarines were in 3L clamshells during summer so price hikes, anyone?

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

@Frugalbigmama Your DS will score that bonus CT e-money for getting his new card by Sept 14! Saw mention of the offer in the two CT Flyers that came in the mail yesterday.
    Today was also bonus CT money day for anyone spending $250 or more online or instore on CT e-money eligible items with their Triangle card.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel21 View Post
    Odd sight (First time in town)-a man was using bathroom tissue with his pants dropped at the shrub garden part of the TD bank property. Just gave him a wide berth and kept my eyes elsewhere. Thing was is that the nearby Fortinos bathroom was open.
    ewwww! Poor you @Ciel21 Averting your gaze was smart!

babies teach us acceptance

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel21 View Post
    @Frugalbigmama Your DS will score that bonus CT e-money for getting his new card by Sept 14! Saw mention of the offer in the two CT Flyers that came in the mail yesterday.
    Today was also bonus CT money day for anyone spending $250 or more online or instore on CT e-money eligible items with their Triangle card.
    Yes he was very happy with that bonus offer. He just wants a card to start building his credit and this was one of his choices since he will be shopping at CT since he is a handy guy. The funny thing is that he is not a spender at all....he told me I can charge stuff on his card lol (so he can get the points haha)

Page 7 of 24 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast

Thread Information