User Tag List

Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast
Like Tree2380Likes

Thread: September 2022 Frugal Chatter; Almost Fall and Harvest time !!!

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

1-pack of Chicken Breasts have been processed:
    3 x Chicken Breasts are in the Slow Cooker making Salsa Chicken for the freezer
    5 x Chicken Breast went in the Instant Pot to made into Shredded Chicken for the freezer (Instant Pot is done, Chicken is Shredded and in the fridge cooling down to be bagged)

I still have one pack of Chicken Breast to process, 4 or 5 will become BBQ Chicken (Still need to make the sauce to put them in) and the rest will probably be left whole. I need Chicken Chunks for the freezer so may have to go back to Costco for another pack.

Half of the Broccoli I chopped up yesterday has been cooked in the instant pot and is in the fridge for meals this week. Any we do not use for meals will be frozen for later meals. Any of the non-cooked broccoli we do not use this week will be cooked later in the week and frozen.

Croissant Puff has been made and is sitting in the fridge until Dinner time when I will bake it off. It is labelled as a breakfast recipe but we find it really rich and prefer it as a dessert. The custard is made from Cream Cheese and I use Heavy Whipping Cream, originally recipe calls for Milk.

Thinking I might make Baked Lemon Chicken for dinner since we still have the package of Chicken Breasts to process. We will serve it with Rice and a side Salad.

Just waiting for Mom to get up, she is still not feeling her best, so letting her sleep. Once she is up, I will wash her sheets since I did not get them done earlier in the week when I did mine.

Tomorrow will be regular laundry day.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

I just tidied the kitchen and cleaned out the fridge.

Have a million things I want to get done around the house but the sun is trying to shine so I think I need to go out and enjoy it.

Enjoy the day!

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Got an email to sign up for Disney+ with the offer of paying $1.99 for the first month.

Funny thing is if you sign up for a year, if you take advantage of this offer it will cost you $133.88 for the year or you can sign up for a year without the first month at $1.99 and pay $119.99 for the year.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

spent a couple of hours cleaning up outside.. we will need to do a dump run next week. i may go out again later in the afternoon. maybe.
    i need to clean the kitchen. wait for a sale. i have other stuff on the porch for free pick up .
    i need to gather dc supplies. for the week and do a quick vacume.

i am liking how the outside is coming together . it is really starting to look .. semi ok. lol.
    harbie, barbis9, lilo0003 and 3 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

Smokey morning to everyone. The smoke is getting bad here from the fires just south of us in Washington state and to the east of us in the Fraser valley. It irritates my throat and eyes so outside stuff is limited. Praying they can get these fires out soon.

Dh and I did our weekly CC payment (we pay off our CC every week and we discuss all purchases) it helps us to track things like takeout and misc ($ store, garden shopping) and reel it in as needed before it gets crazy. It works for us. Plus we discuss upcoming expenses.

Had more jobs added this week which is good but bad too. I had client loss since she’s been dealing with her husband who has dementia so that $ loss sucked but now I’ve added the equivalent of 2 more clients! Not sure this old lady can handle it .

Going to make broccoli cheese soup today even though it’s hot out so I can use up the broccoli before it goes too limp. Then it’s just laundry, working out and Dh is helping me pull out the couch so I can vac the baseboards behind and the area rug. Soooooo exciting.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Busy day but good day, got most of what I needed to get done, done so I am happy and still found some time to relax.

Second pack of Chicken Breasts has been processed:
    4 x Went in the slow cooker with homemade BBQ Sauce to be turned into BBQ Chicken
    2 x Were used for Dinner
    2 x Frozen whole
    I will need to go and buy another as we are low on chunks.

Croissant Bake has been baked it did not want to cook. I put it in for an extra 10 minutes then I turned the oven off and let it sit well we made dinner. So excited for dessert, it smells amazing.

Kitchen is clean as I cleaned as I went.

Mom's sheets are done, we just need to make her bed.

Dinner was Baked Lemon Chicken with Mushroom Baked Rice, Lemon Broccoli and a Side Salad. We have had the chicken before but the Mushroom Baked Rice was a new dish, it was good but not all the rice was cooked, thinking maybe more liquid next time? It kind of surprised me as anytime I have cooked rice in the Oven you cover it but this recipe you do not cover it so maybe put a cover on it? Mom was not a fan of the broccoli said she prefers without the lemon, not every recipe can be a winner.

I did not get my Lemon Ricotta Pancakes or Berry Sauce to go with the pancakes done, maybe tomorrow, I am working from home so on a break I could whip them up, they are quick to make.

Super happy with what I got done and now it is time to relax.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

It’s feeling like fall today, DS2 & I went paddling this morning and the colours are starting to pop.
    I really did very little around the house today. Just did not care to do more than sweep. I am sure I will regret it during the week especially since one day is DS1 bday and another day I am working in the office. So not looking forward to that. DH says the trains are back to precovid packed. Blech.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    Got an email to sign up for Disney+ with the offer of paying $1.99 for the first month.

Funny thing is if you sign up for a year, if you take advantage of this offer it will cost you $133.88 for the year or you can sign up for a year without the first month at $1.99 and pay $119.99 for the year.
    The new season of The Kardashians will begin on Disney+ around Sept 22, if that's of interest. I saw a new Season 3 The Mandalorian trailer on Youtube this morning-show will stream in 2023 (my guess is around Feb?). Plus there's lot of Big Hero 6 content and Star Wars spinoffs and the movies.

If you have a prepaid Visa card with low $ balance on it, use it to pay for the first month and see if you like the channel now or will wait for future shows/movies coming later.

I was thinking of catching up on Making the Cut season 3 episodes that aired after Aug 18 tonight (tomorrow my Amazon Prime one month mbrshp ends) but I have something else that needs my attention. I did enjoy the first two episodes-fascinating seeing how designers tackle projects from very different angles!
    "This is the Way." The Mandalorian

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I probably will be reading/posting here until Sept. 18. After that, I'm not likely to be online as my health is slipping away and I expect Bro will want his computer back for his use. Intend for Wed-Sat to be focused on things to prepare for the end and also allow myself a good cry ( I know I need a good long sob session to let it all out).

I'm tearing out pages from encyclopedia books (sewn in so well plus the dampness of the basement means I have to do horizontal tears before I can rip vertically; pages are too moisture-laden to tear along spine). (Recycling does not take hardcover books, so I will recycle the paper and toss out the covers in a bag to fit into our one garbage container.) 5 volumes down last night, 25 more to go...that bookstand is going upstairs to hold all the books from the armoire I could not fit in the drawers in another piece of furniture. Tomorrow I have to figure how to dismantle or make holes in the armoire-it absolutely must exit by Tuesday so I get the dining room back in order.

Loved the cool and breezy day-the drizzling rain of the morning and afternoon is most welcome. Did a walk to post some mail then off to Walmart to get some first aid items (just need more tape from another store as each store carries only partial range of Nexcare tapes-loving the Soft & Stretch tape with perforations, stronger than paper tape but not as ouchy as clear plastic tape). Wednesday's plan is a last grocery walk in town to use the $30 something on debit card (I don't have enough for delivery plus taxes and min $35 order) after I get some grass cut (noticed some areas have really grown in the past 48h).

Saturday-made that rice pudding in the morning after yard work was done and mmm for several helpings enjoyed all day!

Fridge-had to toss out mushy cucumber sections as I wanted cucumber for snacking and saw mush! Made do with withering leaf lettuce (plan to finish eating it all by Tues am) and salad dressing. Am eating the last of the blue plums (won't be anything for baking on Tuesday) today. Tuesday will be rosemary focaccia and butternut squash with spinach/pesto making day. I will have two containers of basil pesto left after the squash recipe so it will be pesto with pasta or bread or whatever else I can pair it with for the rest of the week! Had enough of the sausages (finished the last one yesterday).

Do check out on Youtube Johnny Strides' Friday TIFF (Sept 9) walk down King Street West. He passed by Bell's 360 Camera booth-someone stands on the centre disk while a ring light on a rotating arm spins around the person. Not sure what final result looks like but it was interesting to see.

One last bus trip on Saturday might occur but it will depend on how I feel/weather. It's a stretch goal-the Montreal firm that buys collectibles is back in Hamilton Thur-Sat and I'd like to sell off the tin signs with 7Up on it.
    Skippy, Giseledta, harbie and 8 others like this.
    "This is the Way." The Mandalorian

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,

Happy Monday, getting back into the swing of things.

My plan this morning was to get up bright and early and get right to work, nope my body had other plans. I woke up at 4:30 and planned to get up but fell back asleep and did not get up until 6:30. I was awake at 6 but my body just did not want to get up. Oh well, we do not technically start work until 7 am so all good.

Laundry is going, the last load is in the washer. I love doing laundry on work days as it gives me a reason to get up and move but I also like to get it done in the morning. So now when I plan to do laundry we sort it the night before so I can start it right when I get up and can be done in the morning. I dislike when it is dinner time and I am still doing laundry.

Lemon Ricotta Pancakes are on the stove cooking away well I work. Once the Pancakes are done I will make the Berry Sauce to go with them. This will be my breakfast on days I need to be in a branch this week. Any that are leftover at the end of the week will go in the freezer and when I need a breakfast on the go, I can pull out what I need.

I still need to figure out lunches for the week on branch days. We do have some leftovers but no full meals, might have to get a little creative.

Happy Monday

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

@Ciel . You will be missed here. Sending you a virtual hug and wish you a pain free journey.
    Skippy, Giseledta, harbie and 8 others like this.

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

@Ciel love and hugs sent your way

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

@Ciel21 , **HUGS**, prayers
    Skippy, Giseledta, harbie and 7 others like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

ceil-hugs and we will miss your posts .
    Skippy, Giseledta, harbie and 5 others like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

I went grocery shopping at no frills this morning ,love to get there at opening 8.00 a.m spent $70 after taking $40.00 in p.c points off.
    I got a lot of fresh fruit p.m to freshco blackberries and raspberries 2/5.00
    freeze pops were .25 a bag for the grandkids
    fresh brocolli crowns were .99 -i will freeze some
    argula salad 50% close to date =1.74
    green grapes p.m food basic 1.48 a pound (mind you they were not that great)so just got a bit
    danone yogurt 2.88 p.m sobeys and got a free drink with the cpn
    scopped a large carton of chocolate milk

No cereal kelloggs in the aisle(due to the points promotioni guess) ,no sugar no hamburger buns all which i wanted .In and out in a hour so that made my day.

Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast

Thread Information