User Tag List

Page 14 of 24 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast
Like Tree2380Likes

Thread: September 2022 Frugal Chatter; Almost Fall and Harvest time !!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Happy Friday! Rainy dark damp day here today. I'm stuck in the office anyway so I guess I'm a little happy it's not a beautiful day out

I am off on Monday so a 3 day weekend. Away for a fun night on Sunday so I want to get lots done around the house tonight and tomorrow.
    Will write out a list as soon as I get home and get at it.

1st will be taking the shower curtain and liner out of the washer and hanging it back up. When I want to give a bathroom a deep clean I usually start by washing the curtain and liner! Will put the big mat back in there as well since I washed it months ago but just used a small one in there since then.

I cooked up ground beef yesterday. Put some in the freezer for quick pasta sauce one night. The rest I made into taco meat. DS will finish them off today.

Dinner- I have no idea. Maybe I can pick up some fresh chicken for the bbq. I just feel like a simple light dinner. Haven't been eating great this week and I am feeling it.

Wishing everyone a safe and frugal weekend!

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

It has not actually rained here today but it is all grey and icky which is not helping me today.

My headache is less, not gone but less.

But with this grey icky weather all I want to do is curl up under a blanket with a book or watch a movie but my to-do-list is insane for today. I am trying to do about 3 days of work in one, ugh.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

This rainy damp day makes me want to just go home and watch tv! Ugh hopefully I will find some motivation.

Work- Sucks the life out of me lately. I really need a vacation. I haven't really been able to take much time off the past 10 months and I am feeling it. Thought it would be better by now but still feel like I can't be away without checking my email. Have so much vacation time to use up plus I already have time booked at Christmas and am carrying vacation days forward to next year.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Son dropped in a noon and asked if i wanted to go to costco -yes thank you .I spent 98.00 we even split the 2pkg of bagels for 8.00,i got unsalted nuts, compost bags,a t-shirt lucky brand for me 4.99xl and it fits nice ,2 milk ,kawatha ice cream 6.99 love this ice cream , 2loaves of bread 4.99 and cerave cream and travel size 20.99-love this cream and shoppers is soo expensive .

Hung my clothing out just now at 2.00 p.m as it is very warm so lets hope it dries .

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

I was at SDM and noticed they renovated since the last time I was there...mmm 2 with services tills now the rest is all checkout...
    (see brag section)
    Yes because it was a rare holliday this afternoon.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cath007 View Post
    I was at SDM and noticed they renovated since the last time I was there...mmm 2 with services tills now the rest is all checkout...
    (see brag section)
    Yes because it was a rare holliday this afternoon.
    @cath007 I hate the self checkouts! The prices are not any less so I insist on a cashier at Shoppers.

Supposed to help a friend today, and I have been waiting and finally I get a call later on in the afternoon....grrrr.

Have great weekend everyone.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

TGIF!!! Noticed all my Henkel coupons some I received last time 1 month ago at my adress and now the others coupons at my auntie adress...have the same mailing date...but 1 month deadline at my aunt place...so weird.

Have a great evening and night ,for me tonight I just relax...after the rest of the week end will be to work in my books,grocery and laundry.. and maybe reading before sleeping..that is a nice guilty pleasure i am in hahaha

So we have only one tv and I always forget to pvr my favorites shows and teleseries.so I discovered some channel offer to watch them online at the time you want..so nice...Right now I am following 3 tv shows. it is nice,I am not used to watch tv so much now...but dad like is news and historics programs...haha
    Last edited by cath007; Fri, Sep 16th, 2022 at 09:09 PM.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Rescued 20x cans headed to the landfill because of their best before dates
    My food may not befit a king, but I eat like a horse.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Forgot to said In English we watched videos and discussed about the fact that the new little red mermaid will be black..I think it is a good idea for the diversity.!!!
    Grr i need sugar for dad coffee and for baking and seems no deal and special for ages...
    Noticed I will need to purchase some boots for this winter will check the sales as I want them new
    And I think I will watch the sales for a few others tshirts for the new school
    Watched and readed a bunch of recepies for inspiration and for the pleasure
    I need to start understant and use my new slowcooker...thinking of pork or chicken
    I rescued in another container my little spider plant..she is looking healthy and grow.
    Need to start thinking about recleaning the kitchen and do a major cleaning...disaster again grr
    Will think about put back the bistro table I bouhght in the summer inside very soon
    only 5 degres now brrrr...but I cannot wait for the apples in the orchard and the colors of the trees who will change!!
    Window are open little for some fresh air
    Last edited by cath007; Fri, Sep 16th, 2022 at 10:12 PM.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Next week weather will not be good...all except 2 days are rain....I want sunshine for walking at breaktimes not rain hahah

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

The morning started off rainy but within 30 minutes of arriving at work the sun came out. The good part about being at the beach.

It was a long day but the last day in an even longer week! I do have laundry to do tomorrow but I'm taking it super easy and giving my hand a rest as per my physio therapist instructions.

I may head to the nursery to pick up supplies for the fall garden but probably will just write out a planting plan.

Good night

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    Woke up at 5 am and was wide awake so got up to start my day.

Yesterday was a super long day, the headache did go away (Yay!!!!) and the rain finally came late in the afternoon. But I started my day with a super long to-do-list and a lot of other little things popped up all day. I just kind of felt like I was going in circles all day.

I really want to spend the day in the kitchen but I really need to tackle cleaning the house. Guess we shall see where the day takes me.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Bathroom is clean except for the floor, Mom is still asleep and she has been having trouble sleeping which is making her pain worse so I don't want to wake her with the vacuum.

Thinking I am going to soak a J-Cloth in vinegar and wrap it around the taps to try to get rid of some of the hard water spots. We really need to replace the faucet and it is on the list but in reality the whole vanity needs to be replaced and I do not have the $$$ for the right now.

Half of the kitchen has been deep cleaned. The pantries, the cabinet above the little counter, the walls on that side of the kitchen and the outside of the dishwasher have been deep cleaned.

I have washed out my microfiber fiber cloth and I might tackle more of the kitchen tomorrow.

My back and shoulders are starting to get a little sore and do not want to push it. Last time I deep cleaned the kitchen I pushed through and forced myself to just get it done and it really hurt my back. So, if i have to take two days to get it done, so be it.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I continue to be swamped at work. Dh and I agreed that I shouldn’t come home for a visit this weekend. It’ll give me time to try to get on top of things. It will save me hours of driving and the cost of gas. I have a 3 day weekend next weekend, so I’ll be able to spend more of that time enjoying my family.

Dh is doing some shopping while I’m gone this weekend. He was somewhat cute about it. He wanted to look at the flyer with me and asked what I thought of different things that he was interested in. I was able to show him different coupons during the video call to help him find the right ones that I left for him. It won’t be perfect, but he’s trying. I also told him to redeem Air Miles since that ends the day before I get home.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

I have a load of laundry ready for the line and despite what the weather app tells me it looks like rain. I may risk it and put it out. Our plan today is to go to my in laws and begin the sorting of mother in laws clothes. I will have the older son cook cook dinner otherwise both DH and I will cave and get take out.
    I was able to freeze 5 more bags of kale and 3 peppers this week. Still waiting on the peppers to change colour. I was in the office one day so took a work friend a huge bag of kale. If you can believe it I am in the office next week as well.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Page 14 of 24 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Thread Information