User Tag List

Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 LastLast
Like Tree2380Likes

Thread: September 2022 Frugal Chatter; Almost Fall and Harvest time !!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good Afternoon.

Rainy day here today. Brought my lunch to work (leftovers- Bbq'd chicken, baked potato and grilled veggies)
    Dinner is leftover meatballs/rice/ etc. I will take a roast out tonight to cook tomorrow.

Just a simple quiet day. No shopping planned.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Cool day with bits of Ms Sunshine around midday. Glad I packed my umbrella-had a couple of drizzles but on the bridge on way home (used my plastic bag to get some of the litter off the sidewalk/bridge), the raindrops became serious business within 3min! Downpour started as I neared my home!

Not frugal-buying a 2pk of printer ink (could not find 2pk of colour ink in XL so had to get the 1 XL black and 1 XL colour set with 50 bonus print pages--which I did end up using first. Ooops-top of the printer pages had a white card (with cardboard back). When I ran off the first photo, I got a weird chalky colour print like it was viewed through tinted lgass and the page warped-picked it up and went CARDBOARD? Totally missed checking that before slotting the first section of photo paper into printer. Walmart charged me a 30 cent eco fee on top of the $74.97 for the ink. Picked up a cheery PEVA shower curtain in pastel tones to swap out the not so thrilling clear/black/white/tauper shower curtain tomorrow.

Brag-Giant TIger does not have any navy belts. Picked through women's clearance (nothing for me). All the CURE sleepwear is poly/spandex. Best print is the Mid Pink 2pc sleepwear set I saw in Ladies Plus section-no lace and it has the scalloped picot trim neckline that I love on the Carisma cotton sleepshirts/nighties. https://www.gianttiger.ca/1171297/p/1171297?p=2 Could not find large size in that set--ditto cotton pj pants. All are M/M or S/P or maybe XL. No Lg. Got a pink cotton sleep pant with cuffed legs (Will see if I like it or will take out elastics if I don't) in XL for $9. Scored in finds in Men's clearance-found a S/P men's white tank top (cotton!) and one also in gray at $2.99 each! Wanted the lemon one with graphic but thought the other two colours covered the bases I wanted covered in the summertime! Also found a Men's Mountain Ridge light red mens' small snap front short sleeve shirt. Cotton/poly blend so that means colour will hold through several washed. Shirt will be perfect for layering under sweaters as temps drop. I am going to wear my sleep pants with night shirts. Though I longed for a new grey knit sleep top with long sleeves, I will use my Reitmans short sleeve shirts in the interim.

Giant Tiger is taking Round up donations at till for Hurricane Fiona/Red CRoss relief. I gave $5 as my contribution to help.

Dollarama next door had the 21L trash bags I cannot find at the store at the other location. Decided to commit to 3 boxes to cover the next 3 months (used last bag today) and got a few bevvies too. Skipped going into Value Village to look for short sleeve blouses. I had my eye on new camp shirt with fun print at Simons but it's like $50+ and there's a long sleeve shirt back in stock with people print I love (but poplin's not warm for fall) at $59.95. So I will be grateful for the small collection of tops (short and long sleeved) and make them work.

Decided that come Oct 5 if I can get online when HST credit lands, I'm putting in an online grocery order through Voila so I don't have to go to the bank to withdraw cash.
    Skippy, harbie, barbis9 and 1 others like this.
    "This is the Way." The Mandalorian

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Yesterday, I saw that Fortinos also (saw the deal in Walmart's digital flyer, as print copy was not in last week's bundle) has the Johnson & Johnson Baby shampoo pump (600ml) on sale for $4.99 until Wed! And it comes with 1000 PC Opt pts for those who are using the program. In contrast, the 400ml bottle with a cap was also 4.99. I went for the pump-easier to dispense for me and there is plenty for Mom as an alternative to the highly scented stuff Mom likes but which drives me out of rooms (even Bro has complained about the scent).

Saturday night into mid-Sunday-bad headache starting from back of head and up to temples and swirling around forehead. I went to bed before 11pm and was up and down a few times that night. Downpour Sunday at 5:30am did not shake headache but it started to ease late morning. Don't get these ones often but they hurt when they do come around.

I am concerned how much photo mailer or bubble wrap envelopes are going to cost along with postage to send a few photo packets-two to Europe and one to US. Extra protection is worthwhile as I have way more than 5 photos per packet to mail (otherwise I used the larger envelopes). Bro isn't motivated to get vacation prints done for relations and since one aunt is not doing well (and her late husband's first anniversary of passing is coming up after Thanksgiving), I'd like to boost her spirits with mail soon. Just need one image only Bro can send to me. It's on the old phone but since wi-fi's off for a few days (thanks Cogeco), I can't send it via Bro's e-mail to my e-mail. Someone would like to see their photo but I am out of colour ink. DOn't want to spend another 74.97 for 2pk of ink. I put in a new Black ink cartridge and doing grayscale for colour is getting scratchy looking redtone out of ink prints!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Amazon Prime Members-you have Early Access days on Oct 11 & 12, right after Thanksgiving! And likely when McDonald's Monopoly begins too!

Correction, Monopoly starts next week on Tuesday Oct 4! https://www.mcdpromotion.ca/en-ca WOWSERS!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

@Giseledta I suggest you get with your yarn people and do a touchy-feely visit to Michael's. Don't plan to buy but being with others who love yarn is a good reward to offset the tough weekend you had. Retail therapy "light."
    harbie, barbis9 and cath007 like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Morning!

Since DS was up early for school I got up and started on my to do list. I thought I was going to go for a run but it is freezing out and I need to dig out warm clothing. So house cleaning it is and then maybe if the sun comes out it will warm up for outdoor fun.

I didn't take the roast out last night but there is food in fridge to use up anyway so will save that dinner for tomorrow.
    I spent $3 at NF this morning on a cucumber and lettuce (for DS's lunch sandwiches) Crisper is full so I'm trying not to buy too much till we use up what we have or prep for the freezer (tons of peppers!)

Remember to save PC pts if you aren't shopping today!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel21 View Post
    Yesterday, I saw that Fortinos also (saw the deal in Walmart's digital flyer, as print copy was not in last week's bundle) has the Johnson & Johnson Baby shampoo pump (600ml) on sale for $4.99 until Wed! And it comes with 1000 PC Opt pts for those who are using the program. In contrast, the 400ml bottle with a cap was also 4.99. I went for the pump-easier to dispense for me and there is plenty for Mom as an alternative to the highly scented stuff Mom likes but which drives me out of rooms (even Bro has complained about the scent).

Saturday night into mid-Sunday-bad headache starting from back of head and up to temples and swirling around forehead. I went to bed before 11pm and was up and down a few times that night. Downpour Sunday at 5:30am did not shake headache but it started to ease late morning. Don't get these ones often but they hurt when they do come around.

I am concerned how much photo mailer or bubble wrap envelopes are going to cost along with postage to send a few photo packets-two to Europe and one to US. Extra protection is worthwhile as I have way more than 5 photos per packet to mail (otherwise I used the larger envelopes). Bro isn't motivated to get vacation prints done for relations and since one aunt is not doing well (and her late husband's first anniversary of passing is coming up after Thanksgiving), I'd like to boost her spirits with mail soon. Just need one image only Bro can send to me. It's on the old phone but since wi-fi's off for a few days (thanks Cogeco), I can't send it via Bro's e-mail to my e-mail. Someone would like to see their photo but I am out of colour ink. DOn't want to spend another 74.97 for 2pk of ink. I put in a new Black ink cartridge and doing grayscale for colour is getting scratchy looking redtone out of ink prints!
    @Ciel21 I have a business account with Canada Post, and if you PM me I can give you my account number. Usually it guarantees up to $100 a package for free.
    Skippy, harbie, cath007 and 2 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

@Ciel21 I have a business account with Canada Post, and if you PM me I can give you my account number. Usually it guarantees up to $100 a package for free.
    harbie, cath007 and Ciel21 like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

harbie, cath007, HermanH and 1 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Very productive morning! It helped getting stuff done before I started work.
    I just had breakfast/lunch. Eggs with peppers and onion and toast.
    Last load of laundry in washer. The other load was washed and hung to dry. All clean laundry put away.
    All the junk that was left on the entrance table in a basket for DS to take to his room. Now I can clean the area.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Wishing you all a good evening and night
    harbie, JadeAngel, barbis9 and 2 others like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Kind of cold in the house (heat has not yet turned on) so an hour ago, I cooked some hot dogs and got water heating for green tea (and lots of honey). Have an afghan round my shoulders for warmth (not ready to put a wool pullover on). Wish I had a fun fur jacket that looks like the throw (too big now for me-about two love seat cushions and armrest long)I had but donated. Noticed that H&M and Burda Style are featuring boxy fun fur/teddy bear fabric jackets-they would not be good for outdoor cold weather but more for compact warming in place seated on a sofa or computer chair in a chilly room without the bulk or extra length of a throw. Bonus feature-stroking the fun fur would be like petting a furry creature. I miss that about the throw!

Did not go out to Shoppers today. Kept thinking today was Thursday, not Wednesday. Grey skies are doing wonders for tea consumption! Made green tea tonight as I have lots and with the honey, it almost tastes as good as the Pure Leaf green tea with honey but hotter. Almost out of English Breakfast tea. Out of camomile tea-found out I like honey in that tea too. Tea's on my grocery order list for next week, of course! And the Compliments big container of orange juice.

Mom spent time in her garden, even when a light rain fell. We were apart for two hours-worked wonders for having some personal space.

Could not ignore a dish towel with unraveled seam at one end as it's been through a second wash since I noticed the issue. Got the sewing machine out and fixed the seam. A stitch in time saves a cheery decent kitchen towel. Have not been in Dutch Toko in over a year-does the store have new kitchen towel designs?

I like the new shower curtain's pastel cloud layers. When the sun shines through the window, the curtain looks as though it is glowing. Only drawback is the the holes for the curtain rings are not reinforced with any grommets so a tug could mean a tear needing duct tape or tossing out the curtain. I will clean the older curtain and put it away in case it's needed again. Can't find $9.99 curtains like it at my local Winners anymore, only the pricey "brand" ones. And I have no one to tell me what Target overstock for bath might be at Bed and Bath Warehouse at the Queenston & Nash Rd store (last flyer claimed new Target overstock is in-don't know if that leftover Cdn store stock or stuff from US stores).

As I was putting my dry laundry away (I ran a laundry load at 3am when I could not sleep for over 90 min, then dried it after 9am when I woke up again), I noticed my tops are predominantly pink/purple/red. I don't have a navy top. Each hanger had a shade in that range of pinks or reds. No more top buying... The men's tank top is helping me stay warm. Rather roomy Small size-it fits a bit larger than a Jockey womens' tank top in size Large.
    Skippy, harbie, barbis9 and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Tim Hortons might be on to something with its Tims Run Club wear-could be good gifts for those die-hard Timmies fans doing their coffee/food order runs.
    The drop will be offered first to Tims Rewards members from 9 to 11 a.m. on Sept. 29, and will be available to the general public shortly after.
    https://www.thespec.com/ts/news/gta/...mended_for_you
    harbie, JadeAngel, barbis9 and 2 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Not impressed with Eden Tile in Burlington. I put some tiles on layway, the clerk said it would hold the price, etc. Well, when I went in with the quote, they did not honor it! The clerk that told me this was gone, manager gone for the day, etc. I was desperate as my tile guy was coming in a day, so I paid the new price. Thankfully I only needed one box, so will return second box, and will chat with whoever is in charge.

My kitchen counter is finally finished. Since June I have been staring at a wood backsplash. The new tiles look amazing! I hate renovating, and this was only due to my countertop rotting. The backsplash was hideous and unable to match the ugly forest green flowers. My new tiles are neutral colour and it really brightens my kitchen up.

My new heater keeps tripping my power bar. It says to plug straight into the wall, but the cord is not long enough. May try a heavy duty extension cord. I purchased the heater at 30x points last week, and if I exchange, I will lose the points :-( I wish Canadian Tire as well as other stores including Costco had better quality products, this made in China business has to stop, no wonder we have so much trash. I found some made in Canada pillow cases from Kmart that I had in my linen closet. So much nicer and thicker than what is in the stores these days.

Off to return/complain to Eden Tile, the Y, then seniors day. Have a great Thursday everyone.
    Last edited by barbis9; Thu, Sep 29th, 2022 at 11:51 AM.
    Skippy, harbie, JadeAngel and 4 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Ready to prep my food for the next few days. (I am going to try eating simple for the next few weeks and see if it helps- Dairy/bread etc is not my friend )

So just spent $29 and change at FB for 2 trays of BLSL chicken (I need to PM at RCSS and redeem points to stock us up)
    6 pk of avocados and a few sweet potatoes. I have other veggies at home to add to this. So making my dinner for tonight and my lunch and dinner for tomorrow.
    Last edited by Frugalbigmama; Thu, Sep 29th, 2022 at 02:06 PM.

Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 LastLast

Thread Information