User Tag List

Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast
Like Tree1558Likes

Thread: October 2022 Frugal Chatter: All about Fall and Halloween!!!

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning,
    Happy Monday Everyone.

Change in plans for today, I got a phone call Friday asking if I could go into a branch and help with a misunderstanding. Two different departments are disagreeing on how to process something and as the person who could work in either department, I will go in and determine how we are going to process.

But as I was getting up this morning I noticed I had a missed call, at first I thought it was Spam as I got a Spam phone call at 6:27 yesterday morning (Yes, on a Sunday morning and it scared me when my phone went off as I was having a nice quiet moment before I started my day). But I looked and it was one of our managers, they are in another branch this morning and one of their staff called in sick. So, now I cover for the morning.

LOL, I started typing this out at 7:30 this morning and got distracted with work and now that I am home, I just realized I never posted this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

popped out to rexall to get my pills
    from clearance i got
    (7) fleecy wrinkle guard reg 4.99-3.00 sticker =1.99 cashier told me to take them all as they need the space -so i did
    paul mitchell shampoo 6.94-3.00=3.94 cashier said that shampoo is expensive other times
    loreal some oil treatment shampoo for my dry hair 4.34-2.00=2.34

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

@coupon girl - great shopping finds at Rexall's clearance!
    "This is the Way." The Mandalorian

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Not an exciting day but I made myself rake 3 leaf piles. Had a coughing spell that I thought might take me out so I wrapped up raking soon after a water break.

Was setting in for a nap and Bro came home and promptly proceeded to set up Mom on a Viber app call. I cannot stand hearing two relatives spend their speakerphone time about the connection or can you see me. This went on for several minutes. Mom should not be allowed on that phone-I even told Bro two nights ago to delete the app. I'm stressed out over this technological nuisance (keep having sledgehammer images landing onto his phone making it plastic and metal junk-type of thoughts).

Mail-my late bank statement (insert says CIBC is going paperless but bottom of statement offers paper statement if one calls a tollfree number and had debit card handy (need to know the fee as I will need one last statement after I close account in early Nov.). I'm not an online banking customer so e-statements are useless to me. PS-changes to notifiying bank of transaction errors-30 days from date of transaction; currently one has XX days after statement mailing to respond to errors or transactions under review), 2023 Milk Calendar, Toys R Us Imagination Included (prices/promos in effect Oct27-Nov.16 while supplies last), three other pieces of admail
    Giseledta, harbie, barbis9 and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Why is the Cdn dollar so low (in the 68 cents range)? I was doing an online US-Cdn $ conversion if I were going to donate next week to someone's funeral expenses/money for minor kids fund and was astonished that $50 US will cost $68 and change (before bank takes its foreign exchange percentage). I won't be able to donate if the exchange rate is so unfavourable. I don't want to go past $60 Cdn for all costs/donation.
    @lilo0 007 What US exchange rates were you seeing during your trip purchases last week?
    Last edited by Ciel21; Mon, Oct 24th, 2022 at 05:45 PM.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Both Humidifiers have arrived, we only have Prime on one of our accounts as we primarily use that account. The first arrives yesterday, and the second one wasn't supposed to come until Thursday but they dropped it off right after I got home this afternoon. Now to figure out where I want to set it up in my room.

Wrote my work to-do list for tomorrow, even when I have a long list to tackle it always makes me feel better to have it on paper. I am always afraid I am going to miss something, this just helps me to focus.

Mom made the burgers from the ground beef I picked up, a cookie sheet is in the freezer freezing. Plus we decided on Burgers for Dinner to keep it simple since I do have a few work things I have to tackle. Hoping to have them done by the time dinner is ready so I can relax after dinner.

I really should tackle some stuff but really do not feel like it. I am super tired, driving is getting better but I still feel a bit of anxiety and think I am on the crash after getting called in, and having to leave in a hurry which was good cause it forced me to go and get back into my groove but doesn't always make it easy.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

@Ciel21 the one place I noticed it was posted was I think 1.28 to 1 US $. But I must confess I was not paying attention because for the most part I was using a credit card and other wise US cash. But based on my cc statement I would say your rate is not far off. Imagine that years ago I did my masters in the US and payed at times as high as 1.45 exchange rate.
    Giseledta, harbie, barbis9 and 2 others like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    Woke up wide awake at 4 am this morning. Oddly when I woke up I thought my alarm had gone off and I had fallen back asleep, nope my alarm does not go until 5 am.

Figured since I was wide awake and it was early I would do I little reading before I started my day. Got through one chapter of my book before I got up and started my day.

The first load of laundry is going, it should be done soon.

Already knocked 4 things off the work to-do list.

Happy Tuesday Everyone

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Just got a load in -may hang out and hope for the best ,yesterday everything dried except a few items .

I have a lunch date today with my son ,he wanted to tske me out in sept for my birthday but since i had covid ,we will postpone it mom he told me .So today is the day a nice little italian restaurant around the corner from me.

Anybody have a home remedy for a canker sore inside mouth ,i am swishing salt water around ?

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

My Old Navy order arrived today, will try it on a little bit later, out of the 10 tops I originally ordered all but 4 were removed from my order.

Since I had to go pick up my Old Navy order, I decided to run into No Frills and grab the few things I forgot the other day, I got:
    Bananas
    Molasses x 2
    Wonton Wrappers

Not sure what is up, but I have seriously been craving bananas lately. I grabbed the Molasses as Mom as she uses it in her homemade BBQ Sauce plus there is a loaf she wants to make. I had a points offer and I don't remember ever seeing it on sale, I have seen it in flyers but I think it is just an everyday price but I might be mistaken we have only recently started buying it. Lastly Wonton wrappers so I can make Homemade Dumplings, the only downside is no Napa, they had Napa but it did not look good so might have to get creative but that is the joy of making it yourself you can sub out ingredients.

The downside to starting your day at 4 am, I feel like it should be much later but getting quite a bit done.

The laundry is done just needs to be folded and got a good chunk of my work to-do list done. It feels good to feel like I am finally starting to catch up, the last few weeks have been a challenge for me and it just really felt like I could not get stay on top of things.
    Giseledta, JadeAngel and Ciel21 like this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Nice to see you tearing through that new to-do list @SassyAshley ,seems like laundry is the thing to be doing in here but I have none atm.
    The guys take care of their own and last night DS did plenty....of course I was eye-balling the clock hoping all his clothes were dry before 7 a.m. and they were.
    Backyard is almost bare once as gain ( ) as the guys took down and stored all gazebo roof panels, furniture, cushions etc. Sniff, sniff....I know I can still BBQ
    out there well into the winter, but just feels eerie to me.
    Should mention how good the Netflix series Midnight Mass was!! Just 7 episodes, which is a do-able binge. Check it out maybe?

Name:  Midnight Mass.jpg
Views: 94
Size:  44.1 KB

babies teach us acceptance

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Son had to cancel lunch date til first week in november ,hair curled and i look nice ,ahhh say la vie .At least he came and had a chat with usand a slice of my banana bread with his coffee.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

groceries suck.

i have been using pc app to track my grocery list. it gives me a price as well. it is really helping with the managing the grocery budget. however i am seeing a bump in prices.

spent some time on pinterest.. found some muffin recipies... hmmm. feeling the muffin love.
    making apple sauce tomorrow. and maybe blueberry muffins... hmmm.

rain tomorrow. craft day it is .
    Skippy, JadeAngel, barbis9 and 3 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Good late evening all !!!
    I have back pain that sucks!!!
    Wow 26 degres today,now at 9:20 PM it is 19 degres ,I will sleep the window open,fresh air is so nice It is what we call it in QC indian summer
    Decided to not do english in my book tonight,Just relax my brain because before I was just doing like 6 hours of english per week now it is 30 hours, minus 10 hours of conversation.And english is not my first language so ...I struggle a lot about writhing,spelling and grammar.... I hope I will do better soon.
    So in the same subject.I want to thank you all and smart canucks to give me the opportunity to practise my english by writhing and reading you.And If I make spelling mistakes sometimes I do apologize
    Smart canucks really helps my english.I dont always have the time to ''like'' the post but I try to read every single ones.
    Have a good evening and night
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Yes, tomorrow's rain is adjusting Mom's plan for the day too. She spent some hours in her garden and I did not call her in even when someone wanted her on the phone. It was important she get her gardening done and I had peace dozing on the sofa (I'm having sleep issues and my left shoulder is complaining as I've been curling in in bed too much now every limb has a complaint...).

No raking day-just doing the bare minimum and keeping tidy. Weather looked gorgeous outside but my body said no yard work... Could not find actual vote counts for last night's municipal elections in Ontario. Tonight, the local daily paper has a link to vote counts-only top 3 contenders in my Ward had votes listed. All the mayoral candidates for City had vote counts. Can't print the numbers off (preview shows blank spaces) so will jot numbers down tomorrow. We want to know how the City voted. We did watch late evening coverage on tv of results last night. Most of GTA mayors are returning ones with a couple of new faces.

No mail-bit disappointed. MIssed my tea this morning so made sure to have an evening cup. I had baked the St. Hubert's tourtiere for a late breakfast and somehow the ground pork had an annoying greasiness and mealiness to it. The chicken pot pie is much better. Sad to toss part of the pie but it had to go.

Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast

Thread Information