User Tag List

Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast
Like Tree1558Likes

Thread: October 2022 Frugal Chatter: All about Fall and Halloween!!!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Thanks, @lilo0 03 for the exchange information. Yikes at that 1.45 memory! I was scouring Youtube and came across two week old videos saying Cdn dollar is heading for 70 cents soon. But I think we are almost there...
    "This is the Way." The Mandalorian

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Grocery Shopping is a challenge these days.

I do love being able to compare prices online, even though my local No Frills does not offer PC Express you can still check prices online which I love. I can compare prices before I am in the store and go in with a plan. Plus I have found sometimes items are not in the flyer but I may find a "secret" sale or for the items that never go on sale, I can confirm who has the best price.

In these times every dollar, cent and penny counts (not that I ever wanted to overspend on groceries), any tools I can find to help to keep the $$$ down.

I do want to check out the Chinese Market and see if they still have their marked-down produce section, I used to get some amazing deals.

The naturally imperfect produce is really helping me keep my budget down. Not all of the produce is a good price but it does help me keep the staples on hand, Mushrooms, Peppers, and Cucumbers.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    Woke up at 3 am this morning, was not willing to start my day at 3 am so I went back to bed. Woke up at 5 am, took 15 minutes and read a chapter of my book.

Dinner last night was Blueberry Pancakes, neither of us were hungry when we should have been starting dinner so we held off and kept it simple with Pancakes. Something about Breakfast for Dinner, it is just different than Breakfast for Breakfast.

Thinking tonight I might make Chicken Caprese Spaghetti Squash Bowls tonight. It takes a bit to make but most of that time is in the oven, little prep, and little work but so so good and best of all little cleanup.

Lately, I have been thinking a lot about crocheting, not sure if it is some odd subconcussion thing where my body knows this is what I need. But I have been ignoring it because A) I did not know where all of my crochet stuff was and B) We have so many of my projects all over the house that sadly have no purpose. I found my some of my crochet stuff. My bag with my hooks, needles, and scissors but could not find any of my patterns. The problem is I tend to tweak patterns to make them easier or to fit my style so just pulling one off the internet does not work.

I decided I was not going to let this stop me, so I found some green yarn and started working on rewriting my Christmas Tree Pattern. At first, I was a little worried as when I was looking at patterns online before I decided to try to rewrite my old pattern I felt like I was reading another language and started to question if I lost my crochet skills. But I am happy to say, it is like riding a bike, I had to restart 3 times but once I got going it all came back.

Happy Wednesday
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cath007 View Post
    Good late evening all !!!
    I have back pain that sucks!!!
    Wow 26 degres today,now at 9:20 PM it is 19 degres ,I will sleep the window open,fresh air is so nice It is what we call it in QC indian summer
    Decided to not do english in my book tonight,Just relax my brain because before I was just doing like 6 hours of english per week now it is 30 hours, minus 10 hours of conversation.And english is not my first language so ...I struggle a lot about writhing,spelling and grammar.... I hope I will do better soon.
    So in the same subject.I want to thank you all and smart canucks to give me the opportunity to practise my english by writhing and reading you.And If I make spelling mistakes sometimes I do apologize
    Smart canucks really helps my english.I dont always have the time to ''like'' the post but I try to read every single ones.
    Have a good evening and night
    No worries about spelling as your English is much better than my French and we all do make spelling errors too! Glad you are trying to learn another language.
    Always remember the What are you thankful for today? thread as there always is something to be thankful for.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Perhaps you’re like me and are uncertain what season you’re in because it still continues to change back and forth at least here in the Shwa. My body continues to rebel at these sudden changes as does my patience in knowing what coat to wear or not wear(Nine times out of ten wrong!).
    Glad to see familiar faces posting.Hopefully we can be the blessing that we wish someone would be to us!
    Enjoy your day my friends!
    Always remember the What are you thankful for today? thread as there always is something to be thankful for.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    Hubby and i went for a small road trip today ,Paris ,Ontario .It was so lovely walking around looking in all the shops ,did buy a few small toys for grandkids in a small local baby/toy store.I did look at a small thrift store where ladies tops were all 5.99 on an outdoor rack ,none in my size thou.

Decided not to spend more and eat in downtown (we are both a bit frugal sometimes) so stopped at Burger king and we both found their chicken sandwich to be a bit spicy from yrs ago ,mind you havent been to burger king in yrs .Y es i use to work at burger king before i was married and their chicken sandwich did not taste like this -my rant for the day .

Got home at 4.00 pm and my towels were all dry on the line ,so relaxed and read the local paper .My daughter just called sebastian was at santa,s village today -i think its in bracebridge.This is the conversation i got "nana i am friends with santa did you know" i sat on his knee ,then i saw him having a coffee later and he remembers me from last year ".lol
    Love Love Santa's Villiage! (yes it's in Bracebridge) It is a great place for young ones. Last time I was there was in 2019 with my friends twins.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good day!
    I had a nice 4 day weekend and back to reality today. Started off having to do 2 rush reports but now that they are done I can work on my other stuff.

I scop'd romaine lettuce at No Frills on the weekend which was a nice surprise. (sign said $2.99 rang in $3.99) I was in there yesterday and they had the $3.99 sign up.

Had a craving for tacos so made black bean (made beef for DS) tacos last night for dinner. Have leftovers for my lunch today. They were so good!!!
    I will make rice tomorrow and some veggies and then I can make a rice bowl with the leftover beans for dinner.

DS had friends over Monday night.... Sleep was not had by others. (except his bestie that went to sleep at 1230am and slept through all the noise including the smoker detector at 430 am when they were making food) It is reading week so I'm glad he got to hang out with his friends. (and was safe at home)

Hope you all have a wonderful day!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

ceil-the gap has free shipping today ,if interested .
    I got a pair of mens yellow crew socks for me 2.88(60% off) and a tank for ashlyn for next year $1.91
    cant beat those prices.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Dad will have operation for jhis 2 eyes(cataracts) november1,that will be done when he will be putting asleep.I hope it will work well this time and hope for the best for him.After he cannot drive for 2 days,so will do more grocery on sunday.And I will have to put drops in his eyes after for some time.After he will be done with glass,only glass for reading.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by cath007 View Post
    Dad will have operation for jhis 2 eyes(cataracts) november1,that will be done when he will be putting asleep.I hope it will work well this time and hope for the best for him.After he cannot drive for 2 days,so will do more grocery on sunday.And I will have to put drops in his eyes after for some time.After he will be done with glass,only glass for reading.
    @cath007 Will he be in hospital for a few days after surgery or will he have to go home after the anestethic wears off? Ask patient coordinator at hospital if there's any Quebec insurance provided homecare help as he's a senior?

May the cats be helpful during his recovery (petting)!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

@coupon girl Thanks for mentioning the gap-can't order a thing yet (cash is not in bank today-tomorrow I will trek) but I've been meaning to glance at holiday offerings to look at tops or any slippers. I'm trying not to place a Voila order tonight-will wait for new offers to appear tomorrow before booking delivery and food order. I do need a couple more Henley type tops-will look at some stores plus the Bay (have two items I am eyeing on sale during Bay Days and likely will make an order soon).

Wednesday-repeat of yesterday but more napping than watching Youtube. Made hot cocoa around suppertime. Feeling very peckish-had some of Mom's stew but still hungry. Had lots of Muslix with warm milk. Only have pepper sticks on hand for snacking. Need crunchy and savory options plus I do love oranges...all this rain is not helping with carb cravings.

When I went out to collect the letter mail (bills for Mom), I noticed how many leaves have shaken down today. Must add yard waste bags to shopping list...down to 4 right now. Weekend raking seems essential.

I am looking forward to more glossy advertisements in the community paper or mailbox. I like folding pages into trees or something or cutting out items of interest. Could be time to make a small vision board just for fun!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

TOMORROW-Rexall BE WELL Live Beautiful Cosmetics event -spend $50 or more to earn 25000 BW pts.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Fortinos has inventory tomorrow at my location, so they had lots of reduced items. I picked up 2 boxes of PC crackers (similar to Triscuit) for .94 cents each.

Did free chair yoga at library, it was lots of fun. I didn't know you could do the warrior pose while seated. Off to Mcdonalds afterwards to redeem for free fries (points redeemed from the app), and got 2 decent monopoly game pieces. Now if I could only win something other than a free cheeseburger or small coffee....sigh.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Happy Thursday!

Working and making sure to get up and take breaks and get stuff done.

Kitchen is clean. Fridge cleaned out. (have leftover bean tacos to eat for lunch) Laundry is on the go. Cleaned out my undie/bra/sock drawer.
    Moved all the empties to my vehicle. I will return them later this afternooon.
    Have some metal in back of vehicle to drop off to metal bin.

There are hamburger buns in the fridge to use up so will encourage someone to bbq the patties

Hopefully the day stays nice and I can get out for a walk down by the water later today.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Afternoon -washed the sheets this morning and hanging outside for that fresh fall feeling.lol

Popped over to shoppers for seniors day
    got my milk and bread country harvest 2/7.00-1800 points=2.60 a loaf thank goodness for points i tell you .
    plus got a nude by nature lipstick 11.49 on clearance reg 20.00-5,000 points when you spent 10.00 or more on lipstick offer i had= 6.50 great price plus i got the concealor for 11.99 reduced .

Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast

Thread Information