User Tag List

Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
Like Tree2057Likes

Thread: November 2022 Frugal Chatter (Brr...temps are falling!)

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Ontario SCers-LCBO Food & Drink magazine will be released on NOVEMBER 9. Something to look forward to after the return to Standard Time!
    "This is the Way." The Mandalorian

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    No idea what was up last night but I was so tired, I could not stop yawning when I was making dinner and by like 6:30 I felt like I could barely function. I went to bed early last night with the plan to get up at 5 and knock a bunch of work stuff out, nope, my alarm went off and I was still exhausted so since it was a work-from-home day, I let myself sleep in as my commute was 30 seconds down the stairs today.

Last night before I crashed I went through my emails and updated my to-do list for work to help me focus. It was quite the to-do list, there is lots of day-to-day stuff I need to get caught up on. I have already knocked a handful of things off the list and will keep working away. It is a large list but is doable.

The house has me spinning, there is so much I need to get done. I feel like every time I turn around or look anywhere, there is something I need to add to the home to-do list. This list does not feel doable so I will need to prioritize.

May run to the store today, this weekend our plan is to make a few batches of dumplings and freeze them so when we want dumplings we just have to pull them from the freezer. The only issue is, I realized last night we did not stop and get green onions, at the Chinese Market they were $2.50/bunch but I saw Sobey's had them on sale for $1.29 so I meant to stop at Sobey's on the way home.

I meant to stop at the No Frills close to work yesterday on my way home to check for Russet potatoes but my mind was elsewhere and I forgot to stop, so I may check our No Frills today and I can price match green onions there.

Happy Wednesday
    Skippy, JadeAngel, cath007 and 1 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Name:  Pan.png
Views: 101
Size:  69.2 KB
    So this made me laugh. I got an email from PC on their new Holiday Offers and the email included the pan below. I have no intentions of buying the pan as Bro just got us a nice pan like this one last year but out of curiosity, I clicked shop now. When you go to the website the pan is listed for $79.99.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by SassyAshley; Wed, Nov 2nd, 2022 at 12:10 PM.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Ran to No Frills to get out of the house for a minute. Still no Russet Potatoes but I got:

2 x White Potatoes $1.99
    2 x Green Onions $1.29 (PM Sobey's)
    2 x Naturally Imperfect Mushrooms 680g $4

I figured I better grab more White Potatoes as I feel like in Fall and Winter we eat more potatoes, whether it is serving something with or over mashed potatoes or adding them to a soup or stew.

The green onions and mushrooms are both needed for the Dumplings, plus we have been using a lot of mushrooms and less meat in dishes to help with rising costs.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Update on dad's surgery: It went well!!! I saw him like 2 minutes at my lunch break because he cannot be alone for 24 hours so my auntie will be with him ,he have shells on his eyes,will have many dropss...and another appointment with his optometrist tomorrow morning at 8:00 am.So that is good news. He cannot drive for at least 2 days.I was so stressed this morning when he left with her sister.
    Skippy, JadeAngel, barbis9 and 4 others like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Still sick ,drinking a lot of fresh ginger tea with lemons ,odd time honey added in .My nieghbour wanted to know if i wanted to go for a walk,sorry just resting today ,trying to get better to go to daughters on sat.
    Skippy, JadeAngel, barbis9 and 2 others like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

cath-so good your dad came thru fine with his eye surgery .
    Skippy, JadeAngel, barbis9 and 3 others like this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cath007 View Post
    Update on dad's surgery: It went well!!! I saw him like 2 minutes at my lunch break because he cannot be alone for 24 hours so my auntie will be with him ,he have shells on his eyes,will have many drops...and another appointment with his optometrist tomorrow morning at 8:00 am.So that is good news. He cannot drive for at least 2 days.I was so stressed this morning when he left with her sister.
    Wonderful news regarding your Dad's surgery @cath007 !! May he continue with his recovery well.
    Skippy, JadeAngel, barbis9 and 3 others like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

@cath007 , wonderful news on your Dad's surgery
    Skippy, JadeAngel, barbis9 and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

@cath007 excellent news on your Dad. I will continue to pray for his recovery. @coupon girl sorry you’re having a tough time at the moment. I will say a prayer.

As for me I was dealing with those leaves again today and feel like I overdid it but heating pad helping much.
    Always remember the What are you thankful for today? thread as there always is something to be thankful for.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

@ Cathy- Glad to hear the surgery went well for your father!

Dinner tonight- BLSL chicken in the cast iron pan with rice and baby brussel sprouts. Wanted to BBQ but just decided to stay in the kitchen tonight.
    I could have been talked into picking something up so it is a good thing I took chicken out earlier. Knowing you have food ready to make is the key somedays!

Think I need to go back to RCSS and grab the dog food there. The bag I want is over $17 off. It is grain free and use to be the same price as the other but then it jumped up to over $40.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    Good Morning Everyone,
    No idea what was up last night but I was so tired, I could not stop yawning when I was making dinner and by like 6:30 I felt like I could barely function. I went to bed early last night with the plan to get up at 5 and knock a bunch of work stuff out, nope, my alarm went off and I was still exhausted so since it was a work-from-home day, I let myself sleep in as my commute was 30 seconds down the stairs today.

Last night before I crashed I went through my emails and updated my to-do list for work to help me focus. It was quite the to-do list, there is lots of day-to-day stuff I need to get caught up on. I have already knocked a handful of things off the list and will keep working away. It is a large list but is doable.

The house has me spinning, there is so much I need to get done. I feel like every time I turn around or look anywhere, there is something I need to add to the home to-do list. This list does not feel doable so I will need to prioritize.

May run to the store today, this weekend our plan is to make a few batches of dumplings and freeze them so when we want dumplings we just have to pull them from the freezer. The only issue is, I realized last night we did not stop and get green onions, at the Chinese Market they were $2.50/bunch but I saw Sobey's had them on sale for $1.29 so I meant to stop at Sobey's on the way home.

I meant to stop at the No Frills close to work yesterday on my way home to check for Russet potatoes but my mind was elsewhere and I forgot to stop, so I may check our No Frills today and I can price match green onions there.

Happy Wednesday
    Sassy❤️ It sounds like you are completely overwhelmed. Are you able to get together with friends for some fun to take your mind off the stress for awhile? Or book a spa day to relax and refresh? I’m just making suggestions although it’s likely you already do these things to de stress❤️
    Take good care and plan some fun for you!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Found this sweater that captures my budget after some shopping purchases (US Nordstrom Rack site-you can try calling the code into a Cdn Rack store to see if stock exists):
    WHOOPI The Broken Cookie Oversize Cardigan Sweater | Nordstromrack
    Last edited by Ciel21; Wed, Nov 2nd, 2022 at 09:02 PM.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

The Cookie Cardigan is not in stock at the Mississauga location of Nordstrom Rack. I had a list of 10 items I was interested and only two items are in stock. I also fell in love with the price of 2 pr of Asics Gel Venture 8 trail running shoes on US site ($49.97 US each) but of course they are not on the Cda Nordstrom site. Same shoes in grey/coral are $121 on Amazon or Asics stores. I could cry but it won't get me those shoes. Doing the rounds of online sporting shoe places-already visited DSW, The Shoe Company, Sporting Life, SportChek, Marks and Nordstrom.

Sport Chek Friends and Family event begins tomorrow and runs until Wed. Nov. 9-code FF22NOV to save 25% off full priced items or extra 10% off sale/clearance items.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Since it is wednesday again dont forget to save yours 4 favorites pc offers.!!! I will do mine now
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread Information