User Tag List

Page 8 of 29 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast
Like Tree2057Likes

Thread: November 2022 Frugal Chatter (Brr...temps are falling!)

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Today is a bit of a struggle. I woke up this morning before my alarm went off and thought, what day is it? Only to realize it is Monday and oh there is my alarm.

I really could have used another day off this weekend.

I am struggling to focus on work today but I am using my little trick for when this happens. I have to work for at least an hour then I can take a 10 or 15-minute break and then back at it.

the laundry is done, almost, the last load is in the dryer, just need to fold it.

It took all morning but the floors on the main floor have been, they were bad, they needed attention. I vacuumed, then used the crevice cleaner and then mopped. So happy to have that done, now I just need to tackle the floors upstairs.

I took out Pork Chops for Dinner but not sure Mom will want them as she had Peameal for Breakfast. Right now the plan is Baked Pork Chops in Creamy Dijon Sauce with Mashed Potatoes and Roasted Garlic Parm Butternut Squash. If Mom does not want pork we will switch to Chicken and have Pork tomorrow.

Happy Monday
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Well we are going to Florida after Christmas for a week over New Years! My sister and BIL rented a place and invited us.
    I just pulled the trigger and booked our flights. (oldest can't come even though I offered to pay for him, he is just too busy with work and needs his computer set up even though I told him to bring his laptop but he just didn't think he could swing it.) Sad that he won't be joining us But he will stay at the house and take care of the dog which is good too. ( I will make sure to have all his fav food for him and ready made dinners )I would have liked to stay longer then the 8 days (DS has school) but at least we are able to go.
    My sister and I are so excited

So now I am motivated to get stuff done around the house since we have this to look forward to
    Last edited by Frugalbigmama; Mon, Nov 7th, 2022 at 04:01 PM.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    Well not only did i leave my makeup bag at my daughters (good thing i have a backup concealor and mascara and eyeshadow.lol
    I left my marks workwarehouse fall jacket at my daughter's ,have to wait til the 19th of nov when we are celebrating cara,s birthday .

My son called and asked if i would like to go to kelseys for lunch with the girls (a belated birthday gift from him) sure i said .
    Sounds like fun! I love it when my son makes a plan for just us. It’s usually golf or a hike then dinner
    its always special with either of my kids because their lives are crazy full!
    Enjoy❤️

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    Well we are going to Florida after Christmas for a week over New Years! My sister and BIL rented a place and invited us.
    I just pulled the trigger and booked our flights. (oldest can't come even though I offered to pay for him, he is just too busy with work and needs his computer set up even though I told him to bring his laptop but he just didn't think he could swing it.) Sad that he won't be joining us But he will stay at the house and take care of the dog which is good too. ( I will make sure to have all his fav food for him and ready made dinners )I would have liked to stay longer then the 8 days (DS has school) but at least we are able to go.
    My sister and I are so excited

So now I am motivated to get stuff done around the house since we have this to look forward to
    @Frugalbigmama that is very nice of your sister to invite you it sounds like a fun vacation.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Mr. Wind was a PITA but I managed to get the main area of concern raked and bagged. Got Bro to get gas for mower and ran over leaves to my heart's content! Grass looks better too. More to mow later in week. Mom would not budge to get the gas so we had words (so much for Ms. "we have 2 cars" who gets furious whenever she learns I have a grocery delivery coming). Plan is to try to get most of yard raked into piles and some of those piles bagged before that single digit high temp day arrives (Sat but it could have already changed).

Nice silvery dime of a full moon in the sky tonight. Calendar says tomorrow is full moon but it's beaming bright.

Failed twice to get Bro to take us out on my treat for McDonalds. I tried. Made do with a two-egg omelet dinner (with shredded tex mex cheese and chili flakes plus Herbes de Provence). Another chai latte then a navel orange. Noticed the only piece of salted butter is one used by someone for buttering toast (I dislike crumb on the butter tray). So I used the unsalted butter and the cheese was salty enough to give the omelet that oomph.

Two notifications from Bed Bath and Beyond that my pillowcase order shipped (got picked up by Fedex). No such luck on the first order, a gift. Seems shipping label is still at GTA store-no expected delivery date. Makes me think product might be coming from US to the store? But website indicated it had online stock...so mysterious. Anyhow, the store took its money and I am hoping for delivery by the end of the week or I will get miffy again.

Guess the highlight news item of the day is that CUPE got the ON govt to rescind that law banning their strike. School resumes tomorrow!

Off to post the major prizes claimed in the Coast to Coast Monopoly game in the Contest forum!
    "This is the Way." The Mandalorian

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Put in a request for 3 more years of print phone directory at Yellow Pages. Our local directory has a Dec date but sometimes, like last year, delivery of the directory occurs in November. There is no local box to get business phone directories and since Bell no longer publishes the directory (but it maintains the listings) and a local contact is not around to get me Hamilton phone books, I want to ensure continued annual phone books for our household.

It's November 7-is everyone carrying a supply of bags/totes/bins for their grocery shopping now? Longo's was to stop giving out bags today.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I just spent time going through this week's hidden sales/deals at Costco East list:

Wow! $6.99 for that big box Christie's Salted Tops crackers-yes please! The 4 sleeve 454g box at a local store is $4 something!

I am keen on the Kidde multi-alarm set. Not the CO alarm-we have that same size Kidde unit that is both CO detector and photoelectric alarm (sealed unit good for 10 yrs)for both levels of the house. It's the multi-gas unit that I want to know more about. A few years ago, various fire dept on Twitter kept mentioning a CO alarm specific for gas appliances and I never saw them in stores. We have an older CO alarm at the end of the workshop-gas furnace area is at the other end. I would love to replace the CO unit with the multi-alarm. Will look online to see if it's possible to get the latter item on its own.

The Snapy leather mitts-are the sizes for men or are they considered unisex? Large anything for women seldom are meant for anyone past size 8 in ring fingers!

Think that 2 pk of snow shovels that compact are ideal for anyone driving a vehicle or needing a lighter shovel alternative to a standard wooden/metal shovel for snowshoveling.

Actually think that Disney Corelle 16pc dish set is cute and could be fun for university/college students who are Disney fans or a family with young kids or Disney fans at home.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

I am wide awake because I went to bed too earlier.
    I had the note for my exam,it is a good note.
    I checked the new upcoming flyers,wow on the price increasing even on sale in flyer grr..and more and more limits at maxi and cie on first page...grrr
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cath007 View Post
    I am wide awake because I went to bed too earlier.
    I had the note for my exam,it is a good note.
    I checked the new upcoming flyers,wow on the price increasing even on sale in flyer grr..and more and more limits at maxi and cie on first page...grrr
    @cath007 I hear you on the price I increased at the grocery stores.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by flemeth View Post
    @Frugalbigmama that is very nice of your sister to invite you it sounds like a fun vacation.
    Yes they are so good to us!!! My youngest was giving me a bit of a hard time right before I booked saying he didn't really want to go. But now that he has seen the pics of the place (beautiful pool/ hot tub and huge water slide) he is ok with going now
    I can't be away for a week and worry about him (especially over New Years Eve!!!)...he is still young at 18.
    Last edited by Frugalbigmama; Tue, Nov 8th, 2022 at 11:26 AM.
    JadeAngel, cath007, dededi and 1 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

I went to pick something up from Market Place last night (I didn't end up buying it as it was too small for where I needed it)
    So stopped at Walmart. The Boston lettuce was still $1.67 so grabbed one. We have nice sandwiches for lunch today with crunchy lettuce
    Hopefully they don't raise the price on this and I can continue to buy it for our sandwiches (I need lettuce on mine!!)

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Was starving when I got home from work....I could have been talked into going to grab dinner.
    Instead I took a quick look at what we had on hand and the final product was quesidias with chicken, cheese, peppers, onions etc (sour cream/Salsa) with a side of fresh pineapple and cucumbers. DS was impressed and that is all that matters

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Bright and cold day. Power outage for about 2 hours-sighs-ended around 9:30am. Got online after dealing with router and got into chat over one order that is parked and not moving since Friday. 1 second power outage at 10:08am-lose the chat and CSR. Minutes later (it takes about 3min for router to do all its checks and blinks), I go into chat and get another CSR after the bot asks me all of the same questions. Have noticed CSRs don't read answers to bot unless I say to read the above. Everyone wants to know how to address me etc. Wasn't going through all that. Call the actual store where shipping label was created-person one sends me into hold for person two. Two plus minutes later (long distance), I was about to be put on hold again for third person and I ask what dept are you in? Why is it so hard to be told why shipping label is created? Is product in stock or were there too many pkgs for carrier to get yesterday or is my order forgotten? Told to call tollfree number.

Decided I had better things to do and made a chai latte. Second order was to come today but noticed tonight there was a delivery exception. I have no idea why a Cambridge origin order is in Vaughan/Woodbridge and the order will be one day behind.

Point of all this-don't count your order delivery dates to be solid! If you can possibly pickup stuff in person or have friends/family do so, you save yourself from pass-the-buck syndrome and the dreaded Narvar notifications that something is shipped even if it's only been packaged with a shipping label and not actually on a carrier's truck. It's only November but this week with time change, two public strikes and colder days, there's a limit to how much time I want to spend in a line in a store or on the phone or in chat.

Shoe order-finally got an early morning update-order was picked, packed, and shipped yesterday. It arrived in early afternoon today! Seems more like a tennis style shoe masquerading as a runner (same grey mesh but darker, flat laces instead of round ones, little more reflective design on sides). Pitched old shoes once I took out laces (45" round laces are EXTREMELY hard to find in stores) and saved the shoe box, as we usually need boxes for hazardous waste runs or storage (but not too many).

Dinner: pan-fried two burgers in smoked paprika and cooked some rice with curry powder and parsley. Had a spiced apple muffin and an orange. Hope that tides me over into the morning as I don't have much snack stuff on hand. Did indulge in a bowl of popped corn with melted butter and salt around noon.

Addressed mail this week-one per day for family member. No holiday guides or admail yet.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

@SassyAshley I had to review your November posts to find that Dutch Oven comment you made. You want yours from Costco.
    I was going to say it's likely the PC Cast Iron Dutch oven will be on sale at a Loblaws banner store this week as the upcoming Maxi (Quebec No Frills) flyer has the PC version at $59.99, a $10 off regular price).

*Maybe the Maxi price on the Dutch oven is incorrect and should read $49.99. I'm looking at the PC HOliday COllection items on the Fortinos site and the Dutch Oven is regularly priced at $59.99. Most of the PC cookware seems to be selling-seeing low qty notices on some shallow cookware.
    President's Choice Enameled Cast Iron Dutch Oven - 1 ea | Fortinos
    Last edited by Ciel21; Tue, Nov 8th, 2022 at 08:31 PM.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

barbis9, SassyAshley and dededi like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Page 8 of 29 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast

Thread Information