User Tag List

Page 9 of 29 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast
Like Tree2057Likes

Thread: November 2022 Frugal Chatter (Brr...temps are falling!)

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Tomorrow morning after breakfast, think I will do a bus trip to big box land (Meadowlands) to do some browsing of shops (Sobeys, other Winners and related stores), get the Food &Drink magazine then scoot over to Longos on way home. Need a change of scenery and a reason to break in the new shoes. Will draft a list to keep eyes focused on "things to spot" and not dawdle over other depts so as to maximize my bus transfer time.

Afternoon-more mulchfest and leaf bagging. Yes, my shoes must see all kinds of action! Good thing I have wet wipes for the cleaning of the shoe soles.

Had my third chai latte of the day-still feeling somewhat stressed. Have leftover curry rice for tomorrow to add to whatever pantry surprise I make for lunch. Will do a little more surfing online and call it quits after 9pm. Have a quiet evening, all!
    "This is the Way." The Mandalorian

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Since it is wednesday again dont forget to save yours 4 favorites pc offers.!!! I will do mine now

The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good Morning! Another beautiful sunny start to the day!

Kitchen is still clean from last night. Have been loading the dishwasher as we go so will need to run that tomorrow night probably.

Dropped DS off at school and grabbed a $1.05 coffee from Mcdonalds. Monopoly stickers still on the cups so maybe a big win

Have clean laundry to put away. (hung up to dry Monday night)

I sold an item for $5 the other day and she sent an etransfer right away. She forgot to pick up yesterday...hopefully today she remembers.
    Should post a bunch of stuff today if I get a chance.

Received a flyer from Mark's in the mailbox yesterday, sale starts tomorrow.
    A few nice items on door crasher (Henley for Men for $19.99 and Sweater for ladies for $19.99 I am going to check out)

Have a wonderful day everyone!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cath007 View Post
    Since it is wednesday again dont forget to save yours 4 favorites pc offers.!!! I will do mine now

Thanks for the reminder. Haven't had great offers the past week so I may just let them go.
    barbis9, cath007, dededi and 1 others like this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    I feel like this week is getting away from me but with that being said I am I cannot keep track of what day it is. Yesterday I thought it was Wednesday so now today, I think it's Thursday.

After work on Monday, I got all of the bread into the freezer. I did not really have room for the Costco packs of bread I bought but when I saw the price it was so much cheaper to buy it at Costco than even on sale at the local stores.

Got the dumplings in the freezer to flash freeze, still need to package them now that they are frozen.

My big win was, I got the Air Conditioner out of the Dining Room window. I was trying to find a way to get it out without moving all the furniture so I ended up sitting on the set of drawers but it worked.

Yesterday I was working in one of the locations and got done what I needed to do.

We had the Bake Pork Chops in Dijon Cream Sauce with Mashed Potatoes & Green Beans. The Pork Chop recipe was new, it was good, and the flavour was good but the sauce did not really thicken. I think next time I would add a little flour to thicken the sauce.

After dinner, we emptied the dishwasher and reloaded but there are a few hand dishes I still need to tackle.

Slowly getting there and getting things done.

Happy Wednesday
    barbis9, cath007, dededi and 1 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Eggs and toast for breakfast. Now a quick shower and put on my swimsuit and head to Aquafit. I so need to take time for me. I have felt off the past few days.
    coupon girl, cath007 and Ciel21 like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Morning booked my flu shot for next thursday at shoppers (booked on seniors day lol)Hubby already got his last thursday ,i am waiting til next week as my nurse called and said i didnt have strep throat on monday ,so to stop the pills .I must have had some kind of virus i imagine.

Still waking up the odd day at 4.a.m not fun.Not sure if i feel like doing much today will cook a nice ham supper .I started a new puzzle,may work on that .

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Best Aquafit class ever! Hope this instructor stick around. Now I am starving lol.

I just took a peek in the freezer and pulled out:
    A bag of shrimp (Loblaws has good deal again tomorrow so will redeem points and stock us up again (we still have lots but if I get more then I won't feel guilty using them )
    BLSL chicken breast
    2 pk of asparagus stuffed chicken breasts
    bag of mixed veggies
    cauliflower crumble
    package of stuffed pasta (for DS)
    Will make up a few ready made meals so I can just heat and eat.
    Last edited by Frugalbigmama; Wed, Nov 9th, 2022 at 11:30 AM.
    barbis9, cath007 and Ciel21 like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

PUMA.CA has a sale and an extra 30% off most items using code BIGDEAL. Free shipping over $50.
    I just ordered 2 pairs of the training shoes I bought last year for $83.03 total. Great deal! I can't wait till they arrive! So comfy!!
    cath007 and Ciel21 like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Did the morning trip to big box land. My new shoes are flat inside but treads are great (managed to go down a steep slope to check a McDonalds game cup for stickers-none; found one intact sticker on the one of the two other cups spotted).

LCBO has inserted a Sustainability report or something in the middle of the new Food & Drink magazine. Mdwlds LCBO had the big rack of mags after checkout but two small tabletop boxes of magazines were on a wine display in the centre of the store. For some reason, there were three stock carts that were not pulled off to sides of aisles so I had to pivot one cart (near cash =it was Tiger Cat beer) in order to have enough room for me, my cane, my LCBO basket and two totes to pass! Got 5 beers because the selection is better at this store.

Went to Chapters Indigo-no new Hamilton magazine in the magazine rack. Store squished in a few racks of games, stuffies nearby. Baby apparel clearance rack is not outside of Baby/Kids dept-it's now in the far left back of dept inside. HEy boo onesies are $10 and matching bibs are $7 (there are orange bibs with pumpkin stem neck detail for same price). Saw some peach terry shorts for 0-3month babies ($5.99) and some blue t-shirts with clouds (3 or 4 are 12-18month but there was one for 3-6mon) and some other onesies. Noticed that cardboard hangers are being used for apparel (not a fan). Some hooded baby towel sets -all with horn not sure if unicorn or narwhal. Found a batch of The Littlest socks-all are 12-18mo in white/off-white/lt grey and marled black-some boxes have been opened. $7 each. I bought the one $7 set for 6-12mo as set had white/pale yellow/pale grn/pale pink socks. Took a tour around the new apparel area and baby things. Cashed out at front. Saw a Grogu bookmark on impulse rack while in checkout line-$6.49. Seems all store computers are not in use-big signs taped to screens.

I had stopped at Winners on Legend Court first. No Burt's bees baby anything on clothing racks (did see some FIRSTS by Petit LEm red barn or red tractor onesies) or in baby things section. Good assortment of women's three pack or single socks plus a few ski type socks. Did not really look at clothing except to return a pj top ditched in baby things section to the long sleeve top area (could not figure out where the pj racks were-probably near jewellery but I did not walk out of women's clothing). Christmas cards near checkout maze-good assortment of $5.99 to $9.99 boxes. Probably are higher priced sets. Nearby-Christmas red and white themed gift boxes. Did not see the gray Martha Stewart boxes as found at my store. Did spot one Woolite laundry accessory-$5.99 laundry bag.

Marshall's had about 20 Full size flannel sheet sets-most are holiday/Xmas themed and a few are other prints. Kitchen towels -found a pair of deep yellow Portuguese kitchen towels on clearance for $7. Saw newer towels for $12 singly in laundry/kitchen rack by cashiers. SPotted three packs of Woollite dryer balls-each pkg is $8.99 but no laundry bags or mesh delicates bags. Homesense-about 10 full size flannel sets. DId quick round of clearance end caps and did not spot anything of interest.

Scooted over to Sobeys-got the new Scene+ reusuable tote bag for 99cents (all the green Compliments bags are gone (but Voila sells them in Household paper category); checkouts have orange Compliments bags that are like the green Dollarama reusable but not sturdy bags. Clearance area behind Pharmacy is now a holiday chocolate and beverage area. Middle of Pharmacy is the new clearance area-nothing of interest. Hello Bello items-only Lavender shampoo/wash, bubble bath and lotion are in stock at Sobeys Extra Ancaster. No other scented versions.
    Could not find the printed Compliments napkins-they are gone. Checked by Fish dept (only holiday and other goods) and in napkin/freezer bag aisle). There are only Compliments unbleached napkins (reminiscent of paper towels in public washrooms) on the shelves. Was crushed. But nearby, ZIploc small freezer bags were $4.99 on sale and I bought one box. GOt the $4.99 Tropicana no pulp oj (all $2.99 sale bottles were gone) and took $1 coupon (pad is perched high on cooler door!) and Toronto SUn paper. Gave the Poppy fund box near the Legion volunteer $5 because I know of people who could only get mobility devices through the Legion for family members.

When I got home (2nd bus fare; missed bus after Sobeys as it was too close to bus time when I cashed out), my pillowcases were on the porch. I opened the package inside. My face fell when I saw a price sticker on the front of the pillowcases stated: Was $25, now $14.99. I was charged $25. Could care less right now-pillow order was delayed. Now to see if other order has moved or not.

Lunch-a tart cherry radler beer and a tin of Bro's vegan chili from Costco. Was planning to dash out to another store but a nap seems more in order. Will read a bit then nap.

It's so sunny outside but I don't want to do yardwork right now...

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Thursday Nov.10-Cdn Tire Bonus CT money day: 20x Triangle Rewards points card/30x Triangle Mastercard.
    barbis9, cath007 and SassyAshley like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Dropped DS off at work and theN went and walked thE track. My legs feel so good!

Popped chicken in the oven. (I have Shrimp and veggies ready to eat now)
    Last edited by Frugalbigmama; Thu, Nov 10th, 2022 at 09:08 AM.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

The Universe is messing with me. I called the toll-free line this afternoon regarding the order parked and not moving. CSR said I can get a refund within 24-48h etc. He took ownership of issue once I stated either order ships today or I get my money back today. Was planning to nap but decided to go online and figure out where to spend the refund. I kid you not, I did not get e-mail about the refund (I asked for that) but 1h 45min after call, I get 2 e-mails from carrier then 1 from chain that order is shipped, all within 15min! Yet their Narvar system was showing Nov 4 date for days until those emails zinged out. Tip for all-if that chain only shows items shipping from online and not in-store or for store pickup, don't take your chances. I was told order item was coming from US (to which I revealed I knew the item was discontinued on mfr site AND WAS ON SALE) but there is no indication of such in my order confirmation. Guess there's no refund forthcoming but I will check the ATM in two days to see what's going on with my account.

I asked about the price stickers on my pillowcases as I was curious. I could have gotten a price match but I said I won't bother as items came a day late. Handy info for future if I run into the same issue on another order.

Well, I've printed off some baby clothing finds that I would not mind spreeing for at the Bay if a $2500 gift card were to drop into my hands this week...$500 would be no problem tonight. Wishful thinking! Today is the last day of Member Rewards sale at the Bay.
    barbis9, walkonby, cath007 and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Northern Ontario is in line for snowy conditions starting tomorrow. Southern Ontario is going to catchup with rain late Fri/Saturday and some likely snow too (and COLD temperatures). Poor bumblebees-I spotted one today!

Hustle on the yardwork is now ON! "Tomorrow, I love you tomorrow, you're only a day away..."
    barbis9, cath007 and SassyAshley like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

More drama-got an email refunding most of my order value. Yet shipment is in transit but still in GTA> got to call the help line again...
    Update-no help beyond suggested resolution I either get recipient to refuse parcel at door or I collect it myself and send it back.

Shipper website-tried the virtual assistant-not working or comprehending what I ask. Attempted hold location-not showing the one where parcel is. (scream)
    Last edited by Ciel21; Wed, Nov 9th, 2022 at 10:07 PM.
    barbis9 and cath007 like this.

Page 9 of 29 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast

Thread Information