User Tag List

Page 15 of 29 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 ... LastLast
Like Tree2057Likes

Thread: November 2022 Frugal Chatter (Brr...temps are falling!)

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

@Ciel21 : Thank you truly for your kind words,very appreciated
    barbis9, SassyAshley and Ciel21 like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

My oop for grocery was extremely high ...this week needed snack and stock on a few things..will not make that fact an habit..I try to spend 100$ 125$ per week,...this week was 250$...outch but I will get pay this week otherwhise I would had not spend that much..Maxi and cie is extremelly busy like crazy as a zoo the Sunday afternoon..I went late because I was sick of the flu and cold and no energy before.Normally I try to go earlier the Sunday morning before lunch time Maxi changed products of place and I dont like that,much more search to do...A man yelled after me sunday as I was taking to much time to check products..wow
    No more hollidays until Christmas 2 week breaks.We finish the december 23..but wont start before january 7 I think.
    Still struggle with ideas for lunch....A cafeteria is there,but .....and microwave
    For now I am bringing sandwichs,cheese,dip and veggies,yogurt ,fruits ,nuts and vegetable juice.
    Clemetine are arrived so good juicy no seeds and sweet,.
    Last edited by cath007; Wed, Nov 16th, 2022 at 02:01 AM.
    barbis9, SassyAshley and Ciel21 like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

I was deceived my maxi and cie it was in the flyer limit of 3 @3,77$ lbs pork tenderlion and they refuted the limit by 1(2 per pack) ..I went back for another one. now this week is 6,99$ lbs not paying that.......had an pc offer I could not benefit as much I would have wanted.Will try to start using my slow cooker soon.Starting to watch Christmas and slow cooker recepies.Deceived I never have pc offer for Special k Vanilla Almond cereal and we purchase some few boxes regularly..but I had an offer for Corn Pops witch I just buyed 1 time...so stupid..no more offers on meat cheese and dairy....that is unfair..I was accumulating my point swith that...no pop pc offer for pepsi too...personal and store...
    Noticed at Pharmaprix (SDM) the shortage on cough sirup..I needed one and it was the only one on the shelve...grrr
    SDM near maxi will open soon I hope.Noticed at maxi the multibuy for some time now..not a fan of that..forcing you to purchase more than needed to have a good ok price...
    Last edited by cath007; Wed, Nov 16th, 2022 at 02:17 AM.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Morning ,snow on the ground here.I loved seeing the girls after school yesterday (havent seen them in 2 weeks) .Little miss cara is excited about her 5th birthday party on sunday it is at the gym where she takes gymnastics.We were invited ,so happy to go and be around cara and her friends .

Sebastian is coming in from toronto with my daughter on sunday,hope it is a nice drive for her ,as she told me she took sebastian toboagging last night after school.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

@Ciel21 , Thank you, I looked at the Black Friday flyer and it will actually be cheaper to buy what I need this week and use the 40% off coupon. Will see if Mom will go with me and then I can get two balls just to be safe.

But I am considering picking up a different yarn next week when it will be on sale, only issue is my store does not have the colour I want and they have not had it for over a month now. Will see if any other stores have it.

@cath007 hope your week gets better
    barbis9, cath007 and Ciel21 like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good Morning! It is a snowy day. Passed a car in the ditch on the way to dropping DS off at school.
    Hwy through Orillia is closed both directions.

Happy I went out of town last night to get the shrimp deal at Loblaws. My Independent hasn't had the bagged shrimp for awhile (they have empty freezers) and the bunker only had a few types but not the one in the flyer. So they had 8 left at Loblaws (maybe I should have asked if they had more) so I took all 8 (I'm sorry I'm bad but I drove 40 mins to get them) and 1 banana. Total was $80.13. Redeemed $80 in PC Pts and received $40 in points back. A good deal I think and we are well stocked up.
    Rotated the Shrimp in the freezer so we use up the bags in expiry order.

Today is a work day. DS works tonight so I will drop him off then go walk around No Frills and Walmart and get my steps in and pick up a few items.
    Then home to cook/clean up kitchen. Put clean laundry away. Put another load in washer and then hang it up.

DS is slowly working on cleaning his room. I told him next we are cleaning out his closet.
    Last edited by Frugalbigmama; Wed, Nov 16th, 2022 at 09:22 AM.
    cath007, SassyAshley and Ciel21 like this.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning,
    Snow here too, woke up to the sound of plows.

I swear I was a bear in another life, all my body wants to do is hibernate. I am so not a winter person. All I want to do is sleep, curl up under a warm blanket on the couch and eat. Since the cold weather has rolled in all I want is comfort foods.

Last night for dinner we had Clubhouse Sandwiches to use some of the bacon I cooked on the weekend and some tomatoes that needed to be used. The Boston Lettuce isn't bad, works in a pinch but I much prefer Romaine.

I had been planning on making Chicken Mushroom Pasta for dinner tonight but Mom said she making Lasagna tomorrow night so now I need a plan b. I am thinking since I found russet potatoes yesterday, maybe baked potato soup. The only thing is since I did not originally have this on my meal plan I did not make bread or rolls to go with the soup. Maybe I can toss something in the bread machine well I work this afternoon.

We have not turned on all of our heaters yet but thinking it may be time, it is a little chilly in here today. Yesterday we did turn on the basement rad but held off on the main floor, thinking today is the day.

Happy Wednesday
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

@sassy ashly mmmm lasagna. I have cottage cheese in the freezer and everything else needed. Think I will make this in the next few days!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Emergency test system will be blaring on Ontario smartphones in just over an hour's time today!
    Canada is testing its emergency alert system in Ontario Wednesday | TheSpec.com

Yes, the overnight snow happened. An actual snow plow truck went by me yesterday when I went to collect the recycling box. Appropriate as yesterday was the start of no parking on Hamilton's snow routes period (to March 15) from 2-7am or you'll get a ticket for your vehicle. Since it is relatively mild, the snow is outlining things but not coating everything necessarily. Leaves look snug as bugs in rugs.

Could be another education strike next Wed. Notice was made about talks breaking down in Ontario despite wage offers, no agreement on student services.
    @SassyAshley -any way you can look online to see which stores within a reasonable radius has the yarn you want? Just to save you time and gas in your quest to get the yarn you want. Some websites are very clear when no stores in a big distance carry no stock of the ONE thing you want.
    barbis9, cath007 and SassyAshley like this.
    "This is the Way." The Mandalorian

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

barbis9 and cath007 like this.
    "This is the Way." The Mandalorian

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

@Ciel21 , yep, I checked all of the stores close to our locations just in case I end up in a branch (my schedule is all over the place right now, being year-end prep season) and I found one store with stock. So we shall see what happens.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Afternoon -popped over to walmart got a toy for xmas for granddaughter it was on sale and they only had a few left .
    I looked a p,j bottoms nope didnt care for any of them too wide in the waistband ,just turned a pair of "lord and taylor" pjs into 2 rags (the bay doesnt sell this brand anymore)So i will keep looking at various stores i go in .

The deals i got
    asked for a discount for a small 70 page sketch pad reg 3.97 as the cover was damaged a bit she gave me it for 2.00for ashlyn for xmas as she likes drawing

(2) advil 72 gel caps 10.97=21.97-10.00 cpn=11.94 or $ 5.97 each
    nexium 12.97 on sale -5.00 cpn=7.97
    (2) lovely snack and ladder board games on sale 3.97 each will put away for easter
    (1) crinkle cut mccains fries 2.44-1.50 cpn=.97
    (2) starbucks coffee 8.97-2.00 cpn=6.97

oh and a super large purex laundry soap 8.77

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    Good Morning,
    Woke up just before 6 but for some reason, I am super tired and I am not sure why.

Last night we just pulled homemade burgers from the freezer and make Oven Fries with Gravy. Yesterday afternoon I was sitting here working again and just became so tired. Maybe it is the weather.

I am not sure about any other allergy suffers but mine are next level right now. I feel like it is spring right now but I see why, I was driving on the backroads this week and saw that most of the farmer's fields have started to grow again.

I have so much I should be getting done today but I have zero ambition.

Happy Saturday
    I hear you. My neighbours have tall weeds near the property line and I still am taking Claritin.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Two so called Service Canada calls, so annoying as I don't have call display and Service Canada would never call. I hope people don't believe the scam about social insurance number being compromised.

Bought a used portable dishwasher on the weekend, and now two of the wheels have broken off.....grrrr. Wheels are on backorder without any indication of availably....$22 each! Found a handyman on Facebook, he thinks he can fix it without getting special wheels....its been one of those weeks.
    coupon girl, cath007 and Ciel21 like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Is this day over yet???? Ugh I want to go home and stay home. I don't feel like doing running around tonight.

Page 15 of 29 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 ... LastLast

Thread Information