User Tag List

Page 16 of 29 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 ... LastLast
Like Tree2057Likes

Thread: November 2022 Frugal Chatter (Brr...temps are falling!)

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

So, who's been able to log into Giant Tiger's updated website without issue to activate their accounts? I can't seem to get entry. Think I get the password error message because I used the existing password to log in. All site does is resend me to log in again.

Just a few minutes ago, I did the forget password option. Set up new password-still no entry. I've already tweeted to GT about the issue.

Curious to know if anyone sees coupons on the new site. Remember about three weeks ago, when I logged into the VIP account, I saw coupons that must have been for app users including free candy with an April 2023 date? That must have been a testing glitch then. Not sure what's today's issue. I simply want to add this week's deals to my account. Not chasing the % off offer that expires on Nov. 22.

Lunch-pan-fried burger with lettuce, ketchup and sliced pickles on toasted cracked wheat sliced bread. Had a second one waiting for Bro who came home much later than usual. He ate it and I think he grilled some more.

Pantry surprise cooking dish while pan-frying burgers-the remaining quinoa (after the 10min warm water soak) with the frozen block of lemon juice and zest, some Himalyan sea salt and dried parsley. Now there's protein in the fridge for the next couple of days. Yes, there's too much lemon but it's ideal for quinoa and perking up flavours on a grey day. I had been thinking to cook the quinoa for days and since I was near the stove, decided to make use of the standing around time!
    Last edited by Ciel21; Wed, Nov 16th, 2022 at 06:16 PM.
    harbie, barbis9, cath007 and 1 others like this.
    "This is the Way." The Mandalorian

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Good earlier evening everyone!!!
    Yep,snow all white on the ground...
    Bus was late in her shedule with that this morning,I was flush at school,took 2 x time
    I will bring inside my Bistro table and 2 chairs when they will be dry.,Plant is almost dead ..haha...I forget her... even it was inside
    I will have the upcoming week end to finish my 77 pages book..that was due for Friday,I asked and got approved for more time since adaptation and sickness flu and cold,put the stress a little off
    Appointement with psychoeducatrism went well,I will have helps when needed,
    Off to post the brags I did not have the time to post this week and yesterday night haha
    Have a good evening and night.!!!
    And agree @Frugalbigmama : yay this day is over and not going anywhere tonight!!!
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

On Twitter, some schools in regions and some school boards are indicating a return to online learning if education workers proceed with Monday's strike.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Today's One Day Deal at thebay.com: Sleepwear for the family (up to 60% off) and slippers & toys, up to 30% off. Holiday Pajamas | The Bay Canada
    harbie, cath007 and SassyAshley like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

As a way to get to the topic of mailing cards in the post very soon: Buffalo NY is in line to get a lot of snow tomorrow when Lake Erie's snow machine (weather) cranks up.

Last month, when I asked a relative about the photo mailer I had sent to her (Ohio), I found out it took 2 weeks to for the mailer to reach her. US Postal Services was not kidding about cutting back on airplane use to save the environment. If you have Xmas cards destined for mainland USA or the more far-flung territories and states, check Canada Post and US Postal Services for mailing deadline. I say, get the cards bought, written and stamped this week and mail them on the weekend.

Have mail and parcels going to Europe or Asia-see what Canada Post says (could be any day now you are going up against deadlines for Xmas deliveries).

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

I got paid this week but not the increase rate of 100$ per week more as it will be in effect next week at least I was not cutted for my 2 hollidays days at old school becaue I had finish...Dont forget to load yours new pc offers starting at midnight
    Awesome I went to check my offers and I have a good offer on Nescafé800 pc points per 4$ minus 4,44$ coffee x4 pm iga and Merci chocolate 800 pc points per 3$ minus assorted small boxes for 2,99$ this week limit of 6..the 2 are on my list for this week
    Noticed I could not find at least 4-5 tear pads that I really want...and need...if possible in french ..hard to find
    1$ wub2 breton or grisol
    1$ any Nescafé but expire in 31 december 2022 it is a bilingual coupon too..so rare
    1$ Liberté Mediteraneen Dessert Collection Yogurt
    1$ Blue Cow symbol coupon..apparently all of the products who are having a blue cow sign work..wow...so a great rare coupon...
    Last edited by cath007; Thu, Nov 17th, 2022 at 01:04 AM.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good Morning! Very snowy day here today.
    Have to drop DS off later and pick him up but hopefully the roads have been plowed by then.
    Of course DS and his friend went to play hockey this morning in the next town this morning. Hope they are safe on the roads.

I dropped DS off at work last night and then went to No Frills and Walmart on the way home.
    Picked up a veggie tray for 50% off $6.50 (the dip alone sells for $4.99)
    Redeemed $20 in PC pts for the veggie tray, 2 loaves of Rye Bread, turkey breast sandwich meat, a jar of sauce (to get me over $20) Something else but I can't think of it right now. Didn't want to spend cash so points it was!

Walmart-Got a dozen eggs for $1.94 because the package was sticky (from another broken carton) I just moved the eggs to the flat in the fridge
    I had a toy to return. Told no because it was on clearance. Apparently anything sold on "clearance" is not returnable. News to me.
    Thanks Walmart for reminding me why I dislike you.

When I got home last night I put on the oven and prepped the roast. Tossed it in the oven. Then I cleaned the kitchen (loaded the dishwasher)
    Cut up the BLSL chicken and cooked it. It is wrapped in tinfoil and hidden in the fridge for tonights dinner.

Oldest DS stopped by for flu meds (he is sick ) I sent him home with roast beef and veggies and dip.
    He was appreciative because he didn't feel like cooking anything.

I will whip up dinner when I get home. Tidy the kitchen. Put a load of laundry in the washer and then hang it to dry. (to keep up on it!)

Have a wonderful day everyone!
    Last edited by Frugalbigmama; Thu, Nov 17th, 2022 at 09:26 AM.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Community paper bundle was glinting in the snow in the ditch this morning. I had not seen it the first time I was outside this morning.

PC 5 qt Dutch oven fans-did you see on the front page of Shoppers Drug Mart flyer (not overleaf) that the oven and stainless steel roaster are up to 50% off (Sat/Sun)? Rest of week, up to 30% off. I say this because the image is of the new black cast iron Dutch oven with gold knob. I bet it isn't 50% off but still any discount off of $59.99 (I assume Shoppers is using the same reg. price) price is a deal?

Fortinos flyer-yes, the $3.99 price for a case of PC pop is in effect this week! Yahoo! *oops-case pop Coke/Pepsi is not on sale this week here.*
    But there's a PC Opt pts offer wub $10 or more of some snacks offer. It pops up on the Fortinos.ca site when you want to see the digital flyer.

Food Basics flyer-I seldom find or get the Selection California mix 750g but at $1.97 it's a $1 less than the No Name bag of the same veggies over at Fortinos. Usually the smaller bags sell out at Food Basics.

Surprised to see a Rexall flyer (gift card offer posted in the Deals thread) and Denningers flyer (open houses start next week where you can sample food before you buy). Rexall- Smaller gingerbread kits up to 212g are $9.99 (Grogu cookies are shown too) and larger kits are $14.99 (Star Wars Millenium Falcon show in image as well).

Cdn Tire Toy Guide is valid Nov. 18 to Dec 8 . There's a Paw Patrol colouring page, a dinosaur in one corner to colour on another page and there's a word search puzzle too.

Breakfast-some hot Gerber cereal and some green olives. Not exciting but it's food.

Now I'm off to try my luck at getting into the GT VIP login-I could not get the Account page to stay on screen for more than split -second-only my email field was complete but rest of fields were blank. Guess the website update deleted GT customers?
    Last edited by Ciel21; Thu, Nov 17th, 2022 at 12:43 PM.
    Skippy, harbie, barbis9 and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Forgot to mention REXALL -Nov 18-24 10% off 10 pk Cdn stamps; limit of 4
    Just in time for all those Christmas cards to send out soon!

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Nothing against the PC Dutch Oven but I will hold out for the ones at Costco to go on sale.

The one at Costco is a set with 2 Dutch Ovens and is $99.99, not on sale. At that price, I was tempted to buy it at the regular price but I know the moment I buy it, it will go on sale so I will be patient. I do visit it every time I go to Costco.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning,
    More snow here. I am already done with the snow, it is going to be a LONG winter for me.

Change in plans for today. We were supposed to be having dinner with Bro and his fiancee but Bro is sick. Now to come up with a plan b for dinner because now Mom isn't making lasagna now.

I really need to get focused on the house and house stuff. I know I need to get on it, I want to get it done but honestly, it is just so overwhelming. It feels like anything I go to work on there are 3 other things I need to do first and I start to shut down. Not one of my best traits, when I get seriously overwhelmed I tend to shut down; unless it is work. I need to find that ability to push through in my personal life.

I think my best bet is to break it down into smaller projects as they seem more approachable. So well I have lunch today I will write a broken-down to-do list with the goal of completing one task on days I work from home.

Happy Snowy Thursday
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Good morning everyone! Thankful that snow from yesterday is gone as always worried about slipping, but cold outside which could be a good incentive to walk faster but not the case. Sorry for those that have it worse.
    Today's first world problem is that I can't log in to my PC optimum account to see what deals are on tap.
    Anyone else out there experiencing the same thing?
    Life can be overwhelming at times but I try to not be too hard on myself and attempt to take it all in smaller bits.The sun brightly shining is definitely a bonus!(take your blessings where you can find them).
    Enjoy the rest of the week my friends!
    harbie, barbis9, cath007 and 2 others like this.
    Always remember the What are you thankful for today? thread as there always is something to be thankful for.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Skippy View Post
    Good morning everyone! Thankful that snow from yesterday is gone as always worried about slipping, but cold outside which could be a good incentive to walk faster but not the case. Sorry for those that have it worse.
    Today's first world problem is that I can't log in to my PC optimum account to see what deals are on tap.
    Life can be overwhelming at times but I try to not be too hard on myself and attempt to take it all in smaller bits.The sun brightly shining is definitely a bonus!(take your blessings where you can find them).
    Think @flemeth posted in the SDM/PC Plus Unite thread in deals that the same issue was encountered when trying to log in. You are not alone.

Can you change browsers? When I had log-in issues in August 2021 with PC Op using Google Chrome, Firefox had no issues with log-in. Must be a behind the scenes thing.

I still can't Giant Tiger's website to let me add my personal details to the account page. No luck getting deals this week. I may forget about it-not worth hassle. Twitter reply was to send an e-mail to team if I did not get an activation e-mail by today. I got that e-mail two days ago but it's not fixing anything. I'm using Microsoft Edge (seems to have lots of issues showing Facebook pages for some reason) but I'll go over to Firefox to see what's what (or not).
    Last edited by Ciel21; Thu, Nov 17th, 2022 at 12:48 PM.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

skippy -i just logged into p.c account -no problem for me .

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Skippy View Post
    @Skippy if you are like me and is using Safari it doesn’t work. I tried chrome and was able to log in
    Skippy, harbie, barbis9 and 3 others like this.

Page 16 of 29 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 ... LastLast

Thread Information