User Tag List

Page 17 of 29 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 ... LastLast
Like Tree2057Likes

Thread: November 2022 Frugal Chatter (Brr...temps are falling!)

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

Good afternoon. It’s been FOREVER since I’ve be on SC. In a nutshell since mid October when I was going on vacation was the least time I’ve been on and a lot has been going on.

- had a fabulous mini staycation at the beach house of a client.

- was able to play pickle ball up until today ( the weather has had a few off days like today with wind but super sunny).

- work got super busy after vacation for both Dh and myself.

- finally made it state side in over 3 years and hit up Trader Joe’s ( love that place).

- Dh and I got our 2nd boosters (and only a sore arm and bruise for me, Dh was reeeeeeeeally tired again)

- my mom tested positive, then my dad a day or so later.

- I got a stuffy nose ( had been with my mom before her positive test so I had to test).

- 6 negative tests for me , a week and a half lost income (can’t work with a congested nose while wearing a mask, doing really physical work and having older clients).

- Dh got his flu shot and I was waiting until my congestion went away (* finally 99.9% clear today after 11 days which is the longest stretch I’ve had in years. Normally it’s 4-5 days )

- was able to score some fantastic deals just after our vacation but can’t remember them with all this going on.

The only “deal” I got recently was for Solk Nextmilk. Went to save on foods and PM’d WM price 2/$8. Cashier allowed it from the WM website and also allowed my to purchase 2 separately. Used 2 .50C coupons and was able to claim 2 CO51 for $2.00 ea. So $3.66 each (including deposit/recycle) for $1.66. Not bad.

Now I’m having to work today and Saturday to try to play a bit of catch up with work but at least I can breathe better!

Hope everyone is having a great day and I’m going out to get some good ol vitamin D. Hopefully I won’t get blown away!

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Since we decided not to go out today, my plan was to take a small break this afternoon and work on something around the house since I have to work after we close tonight for about an hour.

My hips had another plan. Yesterday I woke up and my lower back and hips really hurt, so yesterday I made sure to walk around and stretch them out yesterday. My right hip today is good, but my left hip not so much. I even tried taking some Robax and it did not help. Walking and standing are a bit of a challenge. I did some light tidying up but did not get as much done as I had hoped.

Tonight's dinner will now be Creamy Chicken Mushroom Pasta, I am excited, it is a new recipe and looks promising.

I pulled out my current crochet project as I ran out of yarn and I cannot get any more of this yarn. I am on to plan b so I will work on this tonight.

Oh, I got a nice surprise the other night. When I was on vacation I really enjoyed spending some time relaxing and reading so I have kept this up since I got back. I aim for a chapter a day. But the last book I went through rather fast and was thinking, I am almost out of books, I am reading a series but I do not have all the books. I noticed the other day a stack of books in an odd place and I have more books in the series. Instead of just 2 more books, I found another 6 books so I have 8 total. That should keep me going until the end of the year and maybe I can find a good boxing day sale.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

TGIF tomorrow !!! But it will change nothing for me have to finish my book this week end...grrr
    I went at IGA for the Clementines case deal....at 3,87$...cleared..asked raincheck for 3 ..it is like even going the first day with good sale we got nothing ...the days after are just worse... When you go to school or have a job you dont have the time to go the first day...chasing the dealS is really a marathon...

I went after to pm clementines at maxi and cie..none..supposed to have a shipping by tomorrow...I will send dad for 2 cases...I hope..
    purchased other things...smooties cleared..grr

But got : 4x @4,44$each(reg:6,99$) Nescafé PM iga but at maxi becauSe of the pc points personnal offer...3200 pc points total
    Merci Chocolate assorted small boxes wrapped individually BB 2023 -06 JUNE max limit reg :4,99$ @2,99$ x 6 +2400 personnal offer total...
    redeemed my 30$ in points to reduce oop..now my points are just at 7341 grrr

Have a good evening and night !!!
    Last edited by cath007; Thu, Nov 17th, 2022 at 07:02 PM.
    Skippy, harbie, barbis9 and 3 others like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Thank you @Ciel21 @coupon girl and @flemeth for the input. I got it working with the app. as technologically challenged otherwise.
    Always remember the What are you thankful for today? thread as there always is something to be thankful for.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Got my flu shot at 4.00 p.m .So happy as i get so sick watching the granddaughters half the time.

Then i spent over $40.00 at shoppers on seniors day and i got free eggs ,plus a few other items to equal past 40.00 on sale
    harbie, barbis9, cath007 and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    I really should go grocery shopping but, I just do not feel like it. It is another week where I need to go to every store. Between points and loyalty discounts, I need to go to every store to get the deals.

I swear I am part bear, now that there is snow on the ground I do not want to leave my house. Although I am a homebody to start with but, at least during good weather I would take a deep breath and do the shopping but now I have to shovel the stairs, clean off the car, and be in the cold, it just seems like too much work.

The creamy chicken mushroom pasta was good, it did not thicken like the recipe said so I had to add more cornstarch and we sprinkled on some parm, it needed that little kick but I would make it again.

Tonight, I am feeling comfort food so I am thinking of either Shepard's Pie or Meatloaf with Mashed Potato Bake and Squash. Although as I type this the Shepard's Pie is winning. Just sounds perfect, thinking some homemade buns might also be needed. I love it when a plan comes together.

I started working on my room last night, and just started with the basics of putting things back in their home. Cleaning my room is always a challenge for me as I get sentimental and it makes it hard to get rid of things, even things I know I won't use.

Happy Friday
    Skippy, harbie, barbis9 and 3 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

The chicken tetrizini I made for dinner was so good! Or I was just really hungry because all I had to eat all day was veggies and dip.

DS finished it off last night late. I didn't hear him make it but I see his mess. He played hockey 3 times yesterday so I'm sure he was starving.

TGIF!! What a snowy day/weekend we are in for but I don't have to go out of town till Sunday (spa day and hotel night away )
    Vacation starts today at 4 and would have liked to go away it is just not a good time. So a stay vacation with a one night little getaway for some relaxation.
    Hope to get lots done around the house this weekend/week and also get to the gym lots and just have a nice week with no work.

Christmas- I plan on getting it done this week. Will pull everything out tonight/tomorrow and sort and wrap. And then see what I need to get and take care of it this week.

Fridge- Will give it a clean out (it is still pretty clean/organized) We don't really need anything but will take a look at the flyers and see what I should pick up to keep us going.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Good day my friends! Already ventured to Costco for a couple of things (it can be done if you have to walk home).
    I’m finding flyers quite lacking in sales and am horrified at prices.Like @SassyAshley points and loyalty discounts are the only way to get ahead. I’m fed up having to go to more than one place yet it is what it is.
    Thankful that my needs are met knowing others are not as fortunate.
    Have a good and safe weekend my friends!
    harbie, barbis9, walkonby and 3 others like this.
    Always remember the What are you thankful for today? thread as there always is something to be thankful for.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

My week off vacation starts in 5 mins! I just ordered Chinese to pick up on the way home.
    It will be a surprise since I just decided we haven't had it in a long time and it has been a long week!

I need to stop at the bank and deposit some cash I have in my car so now I can do so since the Chinese place is close to the bank.
    I am starving. Another day with no lunch. Will plan my food better next time I am in the office.

Have a wonderful weekend everyone!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

With snow forecasted for Southern Ontario (mostly in Niagara and Simcoe regions but still, a chance we'll see it in Hamilton) tomorrow, I got the remaining piles that have to go to the curb into bags today and stowed for now. Tiring work with the icy wind but a warm sweater and good coat (old one) and a hat made everything possible.

Santa Claus parade is set for tomorrow in Hamilton too-some bus detours for HSR and the 1-Plains Rd bus (BT) are in effect.

Could eat something right now and have a tea, but Internetting is more important!
    harbie, barbis9 and cath007 like this.
    "This is the Way." The Mandalorian

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Hubby and i had to get the girls off to school this morning (as their before care wasnt available today) that in its self was stressfull trying to get 2 girls out the door and over to the school for 9.15 .I didnt know where cara went in so i went up to a red vest person and said i am a grandma dropping her off ,oh thank you i will take her .

Then ashlyn had to go to another part of the school year (black ice everywhere ,so i was trying to be carefull in my runners .Then she lot a mitt and said "thats okay nana dont worry about me ,i may have left the other pair in the car ,so back i went and got a new pair for her from the car .

Then popped into freshco for the $10.00 chicken breast pkg -nope sorry we are having a supply chain issue i was told ,2nd day of sale ,so i grabbed a pkg of chicken fillets which i didnt realize until i went to cook them today and they were a bit chewy.I would have gotten my chicken breast in shoppers with my seniors discount ,none to be seen .So hard shopping nowadays for the deals .

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Looking for a Romaine lettuce sale. Don’t want to pay $8.99 again .

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

flemeth -i got a reduced already made kit of romaine today $2.50 reg 5.00 (i hear you prices are crazy).

I shopped for one item today for black friday an art kit from indigo 20% off for ashlyn plus i used a 20.00 e-certificate i had from surveys so it was only $6.50 after the 20.00 off .I found the ladies clothing sales not as great as other yrs ,besides i need to stick to my budget for gifts and not treat myself anytime soon .

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Dinner tonight was amazing, so glad I went with Shephard's Pie. Normally I would not tackle a Shephard's Pie on a work night unless it was pre-prepped but, I made it work. Dinner Rolls were made in the Bread Machine and Mom rolled them well I made the Mushroom Gravy.

Finished our Meal Plan for the week, I have a lot of good options. Some favourite and some new recipes.

Finished my plan for Christmas, and I ended up with an extra Cookie. Originally I was going to make 2 cookies for work; a plated dessert, 2 cookies and some mixed nuts for Dad's but I ended up with 3 cookies for Dad's. We shall see what happens. Looks like I have pretty much everything I need except closer to Christmas I will need Lemons, Eggs and Whipping Cream.

Now I just need to make a plan for Christmas Day, normally we do Breakfast and Dinner but this year it is just me and Mom so it will be a little more low-key but still want to do something nice. Thinking maybe instead of a Turkey since it is just the two of us, maybe just a nice Roasted Chicken Dinner.

Trying to have everything planned out ahead so there is no last-minute rush. Although they changed our Shut Down again and we are now getting the 23rd off.

I really want to not be stressed this year. Maybe even get into the holiday spirit a little bit because the last few years Christmas has just been another thing on the to-do list. I know that sounds horrible but it is true, I am really hoping this year will be different.
    harbie, barbis9, walkonby and 2 others like this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

all caught up on the posts here. Geesh, prices huh? I was all set to make a batch of my cauliflower roasted red pepper soup but was horrified at a head of the white veg was $4.99.
    I settled on the bags of frozen priced a bit better $2.29 , 3 bags yielded me 10 cups of florets. The price of the jars of rstd. peppers has also gone nutso! What was once an amazing sale @$4.99 are now $7.99 a jar. I lived on this pureed soup from Jan - Aug 2022 ( easily enjoying 3-4 cups a day ) and lost so much weight.
    Gotta get back on track with my scale numbers so soup it is despite the cost now.
    harbie, barbis9, cath007 and 2 others like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Page 17 of 29 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 ... LastLast

Thread Information