User Tag List

Page 22 of 29 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast
Like Tree2057Likes

Thread: November 2022 Frugal Chatter (Brr...temps are falling!)

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Cooking now before I take DS to work. Then we can just heat and eat dinner. Cleaning as I go!

The driveway/roads are dry which is nice Think I will go visit my mother tomorrow and take her out for dinner. Before the weather turns crappy again!

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

Delete

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

**********************Dont forgot to save yours pc offers *******************
    harbie, barbis9, lilo0003 and 1 others like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Work is done
    Laundry is done, almost, just need to fold the last load
    Dishwasher is emptied and reloaded
    Dinner is cooking, we are having spaghetti and meatballs with cheesy garlic naan. I pulled homemade meatballs from the freezer and pulled the Naan from the freezer. I thought we had one pack of Naan in the freezer but found 3 part packs so I am working on using them up.

Tonight's plan is to come up with a bit of a long-term to-do list for work and home, this will be all of the things I want/need to get done in the next week 2 weeks.

After taking a look at the flyers there are a few deals but looks like it will be a light grocery.
    harbie, barbis9, lilo0003 and 2 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

I saved my offers after the new ones were visible and holy cats I have a whole lot of crappy offers. DH has seven offer for items we have never purchased and never will. It makes it easy to either not shop or shop elsewhere so this week I think it’s a trip to Freshco because a flat of eggs is 6.00. I really need vegetables. We have enough fruit but are out of veg so will go search the flyers. I may browse SDM as they have a mega redemption this weekend.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Bro used the leaf blower to sort of corral the leaves in one general area. Not wanting Mr Wind to play havoc with the leaves tonight or tomorrow, I bagged them. Back is still miffed at me. Mulchfest is still in the cards tomorrow once Bro leaves the house.

Will just say I lost my temper with Mom over the bathroom heater. She complained once about setting-"it's too cold". Then again two hours later when I restored it to setting Bro wants. She complained "it's too hot." I'm talking 65F vs 67F. I also had to turn up house thermostat while we were watching videos because she was cold. Going to turn the temp down again. I need my own suite and temperature controls!

Evening tea is so worthwhile-such a comfort and respite from "life." Good night, everyone!
    harbie, barbis9, cath007 and 2 others like this.
    "This is the Way." The Mandalorian

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

@Ciel21 , we were also working on the leaves. Nice of you to think about them blowing away to your neighbours. BTW, even thought we don't have any trees on our property, we have over 10 bags filled
    On the positive side, got some exercise and fresh air

Question for everyone: are you finding the clearance deals much better than the Black Friday 'sales'? For us, the stores with overstock from earlier this year, are putting prices lower and lower. Happy about that. Are you finding the same? TIA
    harbie, barbis9, cath007 and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

@lilo0003 , I was so excited to see the eggs at Frescho as I need to stock up but was disappointed to see they are medium, not large eggs.

May have to break down and buy the flat from Costco for $8.49, which seems to be the cheapest price I can find. But, I know the moment I do someone will put eggs on sale, so I am trying to hold out.
    harbie, Purdee, barbis9 and 3 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Eggs will be $3.29 again (limit 2) at Shoppers on Sat& Sun if that helps, @SassyAshley .
    @Shwa Girl Mr Wind has naturally blown some leaves last week to one side of the property near a neighbour's fence. They will be targets of mulchfest (Bro told me not to run them over but I will) after I cut the grass in one area that has been overlooked for a few weeks. Bro made a loose line or ridge of leaves near two trees and a flowerbed I ignored that line until 4pm when it occurred to me I had wished I bagged more leaves on Saturday but stuff was wet/frozen with a side order of Cold Mr. Wind. Very little wind yesterday--appreciated!

Can't say I have noticed any major deals in clearance in terms of overstock from last year. Aside from getting groceries (and using a few coupons that expire soon) probably today, I plan to stay out of stores Fri-Sun because I don't move quickly and can't deal with a crush of shoppers.

Community paper bundle was on the driveway before 7am-ooh, a Home Depot flyer and Toys R US flyer were inside plus about 4 copies of OPM Sales event happening at 499 Mohawk Rd. E. in Hamilton-sports things, some house decor/bedding, some fashion and cosmetics. But it looks to be more sports stuff.

When I took out the load of washing that was run before I settled to read the flyers, I noticed the scourge of brown wet flecks on every piece of apparel. So I decided to run a small load of dish towels in hot water with two squirts of Oxy Palmolive to see if that chases the flecks away. Upset because I had run a hot water/bleach cycle within the last 3-4 weeks and this happens. Good thing the load did not contain fine washable items.

Scooting over to Gift Card deals to post ones I had not seen or noticed in the previews.
    harbie, barbis9, cath007 and 1 others like this.
    "This is the Way." The Mandalorian

Trading Score
    124 (100%)

I feel the same way too when I saw Fresco ad for this week.

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    @lilo0003, I was so excited to see the eggs at Frescho as I need to stock up but was disappointed to see they are medium, not large eggs.

May have to break down and buy the flat from Costco for $8.49, which seems to be the cheapest price I can find. But, I know the moment I do someone will put eggs on sale, so I am trying to hold out.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

I decided to wash my washing machine this morning ,ran a bleach cycle ,then a second with baking soda and vinegar .I still think i may be buying a new one in 2023 as the bearings are going (sounds like a tank) and the machine is 12 yrs old .

My sweet little cara youngest granddaughter is 5 today .Yesterday i played with her after school with the polly pockets i got her and then we coloured in her new peppa pig colouring book .

Lilo, my p.c offers are so crappy lately ,it was hard to move 4 of them last night over .

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning,
    Ugh, today is one of those days, I do not feel like doing today.

But it is a work day so going to focus on what I call busy work, these are things where not a lot of focus is needed it is mainly taking information and entering/processing the information. Sometimes I love days like this as these types of days are where I can knock a lot of little things off my to-do list and we all just need those days some days.

Might go and do a little bit of running around after work. We do not need a lot of groceries but may go grab what we need, then I won't need to go out on the weekend.

I am thinking this weekend we tackle defrosting the Stand-Up Freezer, not a task I enjoy but it needs to be done. The good news is this freezer is quite full, we are stocked up, the bad news is this freezer is quite full which makes defrosting it a pain.

Need to figure out dinner, thinking maybe a new recipe of some sort, something different.

Happy Thursday

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good Morning. Slept in. Went to the gym. Just finished breakfast (eggs and toast)

Get some things done around the house and then head out to visit my mom

The sun is shining and its beautiful out. Great day for a drive!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Well my daughter figured out where she got covid this time (for sure) as sebastian's teacher and about 6 of his classmates were off with covid .

She is feeling a bit better able to do her work today ,but sebastian has a mild fever still and was sleeping a few hours .My son and daughter are out of children's meds ,but my son his neighbour her mom came to visit from the u.s.a and she gave my son a box of chewables tylenol for the girls .

Now ashlyn has a fever ,cara was off all last week .I tell you its bad out there ,maybe they should bring masks back in schools .
    harbie, barbis9, walkonby and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

I know so many people who are sick right now but when you go out so few people are wearing masks.

Earlier this week when I did my grocery shopping I did notice a few other shoppers wearing masks but noticed when I went to Sobeys (I do not normally shop at Sobeys) that I would say 70% of people were wearing masks. I notice it is mostly customers wearing masks, not the staff at the stores.

As of this past Monday, we now have to wear masks again at work.

Page 22 of 29 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast

Thread Information