User Tag List

Like Tree7Likes
  • 3 Post By EvilTofu
  • 2 Post By HermanH
  • 1 Post By Ciel21
  • 1 Post By endi2000

Thread: Customer service is bad all across Canada recently? Everyone's quiet quitting?

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Is it just me or customer services have been bad all across Canada recently?

I suspect it's the labor shortage. And also businesses are raising prices beyond inflation, like a nationwide price fixing, so they don't have to beg for our businesses. It feels like I'm paying money for people to be mean to me. It's apparent with cheap places like McDonald's or Dollarama. But even mid-range shops like The Bay, often messy like Zellers after sales day, things are all over the floor, broken and workers are unhelpful.

What bothers me most is Optimum program that affects my shopping experiences in multiple stores. I have not been able to redeem my Optimum Points for 4 months, missing the Biggest Redemption. One customer service claimed "there's nothing wrong" while others claimed that I'm suspended without giving me a reason. (I think PC group has too much power over us.) I can go on and on...

I'm blessed with financial security, yet I don't feel like spending money. It's not the prices, it's the annoyance.

When I spend money these days, I need to be fully alert. Keeping all the receipts and reading all the fine prints in case something goes wrong. Even after I am totally careful, I can get the money back or product replacement... I have already wasted so much time! I just don't have the energy to deal with shopping these days.
    This thread is currently associated with: Dollarama, Pharmaprix, Shoppers Drug Mart, The Bay, Zellers
    Last edited by EvilTofu; Thu, Jan 12th, 2023 at 01:20 PM.
    harbie, HermanH and Ciel21 like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by EvilTofu View Post
    What bothers me most is Optimum program that affects my shopping experiences in multiple stores. I have not been able to redeem my Optimum Points for 4 months, missing the Biggest Redemption. One customer service claimed "there's nothing wrong" while others claimed that I'm suspended without giving me a reason. (I think PC group has too much power over us.) I can go on and on...

I'm blessed with financial security, yet I don't feel like spending money. It's not the prices, it's the annoyance.

When I spend money these days, I need to be fully alert. Keeping all the receipts and reading all the fine prints in case something goes wrong. Even after I am totally careful, I can get the money back or product replacement... I have already wasted so much time! I just don't have the energy to deal with shopping these days.
    I agree with you, regarding Optimum. I find it a complete waste of time and effort. Others may feel differently. Most of the time, I earn absolutely no points on anything I buy and find it more troublesome to tote the card around. The only points that are offered are on products I would never use or are already ridiculously priced.

Just look at all the time you need to waste in order to 'save' a few pennies. Get a min-wage job for those hours and you will be miles ahead. Any 'loyalty' program requiring me to work that hard had better be paying me far better than min-wage. I will only partake in those programs which simply calculate my rewards and send me my money. Otherwise, they simply are not worth my time.

I was also stupid enough to be an Aeroplan member, until they decided to cancel my points. Never, Never, Never will I ever use points that do not immediately translate to cash. Plans can LEGALLY be changed at any time for any reason by the company.
    harbie and Ciel21 like this.
    My food may not befit a king, but I eat like a horse.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Still have not got resolution with a payment owing to a chain store order from Nov. My last plan is to eat the cost of getting a money order (I don't have cheques for this bank account and don't see myself spending the money for them) next week to mail the payment to Cdn HQ-once I find out where that place is (likely in MIssissauga ON). I just want the matter over in January.

Had wanted matter resolved in first week of January-how optimistic of me...
    harbie likes this.
    "This is the Way." The Mandalorian

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel21 View Post
    Still have not got resolution with a payment owing to a chain store order from Nov. My last plan is to eat the cost of getting a money order (I don't have cheques for this bank account and don't see myself spending the money for them) next week to mail the payment to Cdn HQ-once I find out where that place is (likely in MIssissauga ON). I just want the matter over in January.

Had wanted matter resolved in first week of January-how optimistic of me...
    Ciel - I think the post office has money orders and that used to be much cheaper than a certified cheque/bank draft

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    harbie likes this.
    My Orange Key 44990243S1

https://surveys.gobranded.com/users/...f49b113b291653

Starting a new Chapter in the Golden Horseshoe in 2017!

Thread Information