User Tag List

Thread: Nintendo Wii

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (67%)

The Nintendo Wii system is a very entertaining system for kids, i would recommend a Wii for kids to around 15 years old. It involves a lot of movement for most games and its good for kids who are lazy to get active. The wii is geared for interactive games including wii sports and wii play, but they lack of action, adventure, violence games that are rated mature, which most teens would prefer these days. ie. Halo, Grand Theft auto IV...

I still don't get why Nintendo put pages and pages of Wii channels for no reason when most people dont even get half way through the first page with them.

The wii is compatible with gamecube games, controllers and memory cards. You could view photos and it also has a Sd card reader. About everything is wireless, the nunchuk and remote. The remote does eat up battery quite fast so i would recommend rechargeable batteries or a charging station.

Features of the wii in which you have to pay for are wii points, which can be redeemed for virtual console games and internet channel. I personally have internet channel but its not that easy to use, wish Nintendo make a keyboard. One thing that Nintendo hasn't done is update the internet channel, it doesn't even support the latest flash player/java.

I noticed from time to time that whenever i play games the wii makes loading noises that may annoy me, but as i play i notice it less. Maybe a cooler fan or dust blocking device would help out.

Overheating: The wii overheating is quite common as most people would just leave it there plugged in, even when they dont even play it. It does have a small hole in the bottom of the wii for hot air to come out, so i recommend to use the stand it comes with because its made for it to release air. A cooler for the wii would greatly help the overheatting problem that most people are having.

Gameplay: The graphics are really good, if your not used to using the wii remote, you will have difficulties. Ive noticed that theres a limit to where the sensor bar can sense the connection, its like 10 metres.

Warrenty : The wii comes with a 3 month warrenty and 3 more months if you register it on nintendo.

Pros:
    -Fun
    -Interactive
    -Exercise
    -Wireless
    -View photos
    -Internet

Cons:
    -Most games are usually for younger Kids, teens/adults would like Ps3 and Xbox360 better as the games are more suitable for them.
    -Better if the wii had more games
    -graphics are not as good as other consoles

The wii is an affordable system made mainly for younger children, if your expecting a more action packed console i would recommend either a Ps3 or Xbox360, playing alone with a wii is not fun, its main to entertain groups of kids. Its your choice
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    Last edited by 999asd; Sun, Mar 22nd, 2009 at 07:25 PM.

Trading Score
    5 (86%)

I have a wii, I do agree that most of the games are geared towards childern/family and the non gamers. However there are a certain titles that fit the Teens i.e Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles, SSB Brawl (all ages), House of Dead, COD, wii fit (maybe for the lazy ones), fatal frame and many more I cannot list off the top of my head. But i do agree they need to come out more games for the wii.

Trading Score
    55 (100%)

I love the Wii. Absolutely love it.

Please take a second to follow my brand new blog:
    Belinda's Babblings

I've been away for quite some time so I apologize if I repost a contest by accident! Feel free to message me and let me know if I've done this and I'll delete it : )

Trading Score
    726 (100%)

I'm almost 30 and absolutely love the wii! Totally not just for kids! lol.

Trading Score
    10 (100%)

I love the Wii!!! It's great for playing Wii games and many other console game (works with Gamecube games, and you can buy and download old games from NES, SNES, N64 and more!)
    Free video game trading at 99gamers! Please use my referral link
    http://99gamers.com/invite/Weeeooojr

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    12 (100%)

I love our wii, i will be 35 in August, we have a few games, like summer olymics, a zoo game where you have to treat animals. and a few others. I'm always buying games to play.
    Epicure Consultant
    www.epicureselections.com
    contact me for more info

Trading Score
    10 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by 999asd View Post
    I still don't get why Nintendo put pages and pages of Wii channels for no reason when most people dont even get half way through the first page with them.
    That's what you think. lol
    Free video game trading at 99gamers! Please use my referral link
    http://99gamers.com/invite/Weeeooojr

Trading Score
    55 (100%)

I dont use the wii channls. I guess its because i dont really know what they are for lol..

Belinda's Babblings

I've been away for quite some time so I apologize if I repost a contest by accident! Feel free to message me and let me know if I've done this and I'll delete it : )

Trading Score
    201 (100%)

I dont know what the wii channels are for either.... but Im almost 30 and I love my wii!!!! DH didnt believe me when I told him I wanted one! he was only convinced when we played a few games at his brothers house lol. Then we got one!
    Get paid for your opinion! http://legerweb.com/J4Z12
    Join Swagbucks and earn free money and giftcards!
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/melissabrien

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I love my wii, and supermario brothers just bring back memories! lol

Trading Score
    55 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by kennedy View Post
    I love my wii, and supermario brothers just bring back memories! lol
    I will never get sick of super mario lol

Belinda's Babblings

Happy shopper
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

I got the Wii system at SDM when I redeemed pts. My husband and adult son loves Wii sport and the son also like the Wii fit. Great way to exercise for those who really do not do any fitness. Too busy myself with work, and SC to play but have plans when things slow down...

Banned
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

You know you can surf the net on the wii right?

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

My Mom asked me to get her a Wii, so I bought her one before Xmas. Yesterday I went to visit her, and she said "You might as well take the Wii back to your place and use it. I don't play it much." Woohoo....score~! I guess the 6month Wii honeymoon wore off.

Thread Information