User Tag List

Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast
Like Tree1467Likes

Thread: May 2023 Frugal Chat

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

The long weekend was too long for me (wish I had $$ and daytrips but no such plans). Other family members had visitors over yesterday; upside was that Bro cut the grass everywhere.

Sunday-spent that last $20 with some change for the $7,97 burger deal at Giant Tiger (Belmont burgers were still available in the freezer-woohoo!) and discounted bakery items at Longos (guess the seasoned buns are no more? got a cran-pumpkin seed loaf and 4pk of onion-poppyseed rolls) with two other items. And a needed pop at Dollar Tree because water was not enough for me.

Today, after some short chores got done before my walk to the library, I decided I would visit the clearance racks at Fortinos for quick snacky stuff aka breakfast or pantry finds. Managed to get a different pesto sauce $5.64-50% off. Then over to Shoppers but it was kind of hectic at the plaza sidewalk to see if any $1.23 pop was around-so Food Basics' Peace Tea at 99cents had to do (quaffed it within an hour). So I spent my June bank fee to cover the finds. Yes, things seems pricey at the grocery store-noticed some broccoli stalks/florets on reduced price rack but I was not keen on toting them.

Have bedding to launder when I get home before 4pm-might be able to partially line-dry them too. Think I should figure out a muffin or quick loaf at home for a dessert as there's nothing readymade for sweets and I was reaching for carrot and celery sticks after 3am this morning (yes, I could not sleep due to pain issues etc.).

The other main item after the above are completed: recycling so much paper and getting it out to the curb for collection.

I've taken out the movie DVD, Ticket to Paradise, to see if all those ads/trailers were worth the hype last winter or not. Ideally, I would love to visit Cineplex to see one of the new action car movies and have popcorn (but at least I can pop some popcorn for the DVD, right after I watch the remaining ST:Discovery episodes for season 4).

Future shopping idea-adult size t-shirt from a fun clothing line for kids. Saw one that is calling my name!
    harbie, JadeAngel, barbis9 and 4 others like this.
    "This is the Way." The Mandalorian

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

I went to rexall and got on a new pill.lets hope this is an easy adventure.

On clearance rack i got 2 glade candles 2.94 and checkout51 is all gone ,but i will check on wednesday incase it comes back.
    An organic toilet bowl cleaner "nature ,something or other 2.94

For a treat i got prana nuts 20% seniors day i paid 5.59 and M&M reduced small mousse cupcakes reg 8.96 then marked down to $4.26 ,so yummy had one.

I used $10.00 in bewell points.
    harbie, JadeAngel, barbis9 and 4 others like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Hi..My physic and mental health are not good those time so decided to quit school for the moment....
    We had an inspection for the appt and did not goes well
    I did not go grocery shopping this week...spend 300$ last week...grocery is so unaffortable
    Familly is not happy...ho well.
    Skippy, harbie, JadeAngel and 3 others like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cath007 View Post
    Hi..My physic and mental health are not good those time so decided to quit school for the moment....
    I did not go grocery shopping this week...spend 300$ last week...grocery is so unaffortable
    @cath007 ((((HUGS)))) you health comes first
    Skippy, harbie, barbis9 and 4 others like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

cath,yes mental health does come first in life ,take care.
    Skippy, harbie, barbis9 and 4 others like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

So lovely out cut the front and back hubby did.I did laundry .

Off to watch the girls after school.
    harbie, barbis9, walkonby and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Last night, I did a bit of a store crawl for *finds.* Found some greeting cards at $3 each at Winners-got 3, 2 of which are going out this weekend. Spotted some cookies marked down-the chocolate chip one which I thought was another mix was actually cookies. And the photo of cookies on package did not match the chips in the actual cookie (more like splinters of chips! The guava Honolulu Cookies are so good! Have yet to try the Bearful gummies found at $2.90. No luck on tops for me though I did notice three Marks & Spencer items (2 are size large knit tops in navy, 1 is a cropped bright orange cardigan) on the racks!
    Checked out stuff at outlet store and my desired envelopes have been sold (the particular colour-only 1 unit; not interested in other colours). So bought 2 bags of chips.
    Value Village-I walked a cart over from the plaza where I found it to the VV store. Saw that SuperSavers Club have a 30% off dresses & something else starting today to Sunday. Only thing I tried on was a wrinkled leather-look Spanner metallic gray motorcycle jacket-sleeves were too short but I had a 20% off coupon...and held on to it for another time. Also searched through short blouses (actually there were about 30 across all sizes for a change, not just a token 10-12 tops) and t-shirts with no luck. Smallest range of handbags and totes, almost like they are not coming to the store! BTW when the store announced 15min before closing that store will close, note that not all 6 self-checkouts will remain open. Think staff turn off most after cashing them out earlier to save closing time because I saw a few Next Register signs at the self-checkouts. Did not buy anything-guess the glory days of thrift finds at local store are over unless I plan an hour session to view all dept and I don't.

I am considering visiting Plato's closet today to see if I can find a secondhand top from the clothing line I want.

In the afternoon yesterday, I was looking through the photo albums and boxes and recalling there was a photo of a time/place in 1980s. Could not locate it (my mind was seeing that photo but blanking out where it was and I recalled seeing it recently)--until I checked a small stack of pics I had in my room (from another person a couple of years ago). FOUND THAT PHOTO! Made certain to put photo into an album-yesterday was also a memorial day for someone in that photo so I seemed compelled to finally "house" the photo.
    Skippy, harbie, JadeAngel and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Weather is just cool today-#spwinter 2023. Hoping that the crew doing parking lot replacement at east side of plaza (where Shoppers and Food Basics are located) might be able to pave by tomorrow. Seemed that the new gravel base is mostly complete this morning and they can avoid the higher temps coming next week. The project is due to end next week.

Looking forward to baby expo this weekend! Plan is to attend Saturday. I'll need to get some groceries for this week, with an eye to keep costs down. Have noticed Shoppers has a bathroom cleaner on sale for $2.99 this Saturday-I could buy one for second bathroom (not keen on spending $4+ per cleaner since I'm the only one usually buying it).

For SCers who have US cross-border trip plans-it's Memorial Day weekend. Expect some queues (and that US$ exchange rate is high!).
    harbie, JadeAngel, barbis9 and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Rexall tomorrow has 10% off Cdn stamp packs, with a limit of 4. Perfect for any graduation gift card mailings and advice to share with the graduands or future parcel mailings.

BTW, today is the last day to get 10% off Indigo gift cards (wus in $25 increments) at Rexall!
    Last edited by Ciel21; Thu, May 25th, 2023 at 02:33 PM.
    harbie, barbis9, cath007 and 1 others like this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

((HUGS)) @cath007
    Skippy, harbie, barbis9 and 3 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

I am having my oldest granddaughter Ashlyn sleep over ,as my son is going to a stag and his wife is having a few girlfriends over.I just love bonding one on one with my grandkids.
    Skippy, harbie, JadeAngel and 5 others like this.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cath007 View Post
    Indeed @cath007 you need to take care of yourself first before everything else. It is unfortunate when others do not understand your situation.
    We're all here to encourage you!
    harbie, barbis9, walkonby and 3 others like this.
    Always remember the What are you thankful for today? thread as there always is something to be thankful for.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Oh my gosh, what a busy week. My week got all flipped around on me and I ended up going nonstop all week.

I have been training staff all week which means I have been in branches and I am feeling. The one area I have been working in the most is hard to work in because we still have the Covid Barriers up so I have to stand the whole time we are training and my legs, back and plantar fasciitis are feeling it. My foot is killing me, way too much standing and walking.

I had an appointment yesterday and my plan was to grocery shop after my appointment but, I just did not feel like it some I came home. I have been so tired all week. Even though I have been sleeping, I have been exhausted all week.

On the way home tonight I was going to run to all the stores but again, I did not feel like it so I went to No Frills and was able to get most of what we needed. I will post details after dinner.

Also had to put gas in the car, I have a bonus point offer if I spend over $40, 4 times before June 21. The first of 4 is done.

I need to plan my prep for the weekend, lots of produce to be prep plus need to make some meals to have on hand. I did the produce prep but not meal prep last weekend and I felt it all week.

Dinner tonight is Instant Pot Lazy Lasagna with Garlic Bread. Normally I would make a side salad, but I had a salad for lunch so not feeling another salad now.

So happy it is Friday, Happy Friday Everyone.
    Skippy, harbie, barbis9 and 3 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Well the weekend is upon us once again and I don't know where the time goes.Actually I had two appointments this short week which adds up.
    One of them the diagnosis was "I'm all messed up"...yeah well I knew that before coming into your office(It was all said in good humour).
    The thread seems a bit quiet these last few days but glad to see others encouraging our friend @cath007
    Shout out to our roving shopper @Ciel21 always nice to see her posting.But where is everyone else?...
    Hopefully enjoying the weather and having a break from the screen.
    Still not much to get excited about with grocery sales IMO,hopefully you are faring better!
    Although I still don't post as often as I'd like,I do creep in every now and then for the latest.My latest is the cat caught a chipmunk which I made him release.
    Even better we have a robin nesting in our arch or whatever you call that thing in gardens covered in leaves.
    Whatever you're up to today and on the weekend stay safe and healthy and have some fun!
    Blessings my friends!
    harbie, JadeAngel, barbis9 and 5 others like this.
    Always remember the What are you thankful for today? thread as there always is something to be thankful for.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Surprised to see product shrinkage with Tide. The last time I bought Tide liquid on sale at Fortinos it was $4.99 for 32 washes. Now its on for $4.99 but now only 25 washes. The Tide pods are the same size as before - 16. I need to find a large Tide liquid as this is crazy.

Returned two items at Costco this afternoon, very quiet inside, some shelves are empty and not a lot of people. Has anyone tried the Kirkland liquid fragrance free laundry detergent? its 164 loads for $18.99 I tempted to return the Tide and stock up on Kirkland.

Accident on the highway made driving through town a bit of a nightmare. Usually we don't see large transport trucks.

Have a great weekend everyone!
    Last edited by barbis9; Fri, May 26th, 2023 at 07:13 PM.

Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Thread Information