User Tag List

Page 652 of 2054 FirstFirst ... 152 552 602 642 650 651 652 653 654 662 702 752 1152 1652 ... LastLast
Results 9,766 to 9,780 of 30801
Like Tree98417Likes

Thread: Fan590 loyalty club

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by habs rule View Post
    I have done the platinum thing on a few occasions with companies that have invited me, and most times it is all about the drinking. I am not much of a drinker, but many of these guys don't care about the game, they just care where their next drink is.
    BTW, Jagr did a great job against the Leafs last week. Even at his age, still one of the best forwards in the league.
    One other point I forgot to mention, why are the leafs trying to destroy their draft picks? Kadri, is going to hate wearing a Leaf uniform soon the way he is treated by the Leaf oranization. He would be on the top 2 lines of many teams, and surprisingly 3rd or 4th in Toronto. Not sure the point they are making with him, but if you saw him play in London, you would know he is a natural. He was awsome with Stamkos and without him as well.
    Its the coach, players have to adapt to the coach's game plan and if you're an offensive player you're going to have problems adapting which is what is happening with Kadri...he reminds me of a young Antropov..sort of lanky and awkward looking...Leafs have tendency to ruin their draft picks unlike Montreal. In the days, you sat on the bench until you learned the system in Montreal. I think for Kadri's sake he'd be better off with another team but his dream and his father's was to play in the NHL and for Toronto. I never liked Ron Wilson as a coach, maybe his record is good but you have to look at what he inherited in the other teams. He may be a good coach for veteran type players, but I think he misses the mark with youngsters.

Boys of Summer, Go Jays! habs rule's Avatar
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Owdatoon View Post
    Its the coach, players have to adapt to the coach's game plan and if you're an offensive player you're going to have problems adapting which is what is happening with Kadri...he reminds me of a young Antropov..sort of lanky and awkward looking...Leafs have tendency to ruin their draft picks unlike Montreal. In the days, you sat on the bench until you learned the system in Montreal. I think for Kadri's sake he'd be better off with another team but his dream and his father's was to play in the NHL and for Toronto. I never liked Ron Wilson as a coach, maybe his record is good but you have to look at what he inherited in the other teams. He may be a good coach for veteran type players, but I think he misses the mark with youngsters.

Actually you know Kadri's dream and his father's was to play for the Habs! Yes NHL, but the Habs were the team his father loved in London, and of course he passed that down to his son. But that said, now he is a Leaf and you are right you have to adapt to what the team and coach wants, but one thing about Wilson, which is very similar to Cito Gaston of the Jays, they have no idea how to coach the young players. Wilson could not do it with such a fantastic team in San Jose, what makes Burke think he can do it here.
    dededi likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Wow is this hockey conversation still going on? Nice to see a little passion in the group for sure.

For those who care about such things I just thought I would let you all know that I bought close to 1,000 ballots for that Bills in a Box promotion and didn't win squat! Must have been some lucky bugger who through two ballots at it.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by hanksr View Post
    Wow is this hockey conversation still going on? Nice to see a little passion in the group for sure.

For those who care about such things I just thought I would let you all know that I bought close to 1,000 ballots for that Bills in a Box promotion and didn't win squat! Must have been some lucky bugger who through two ballots at it.
    Sorry to hear !
    22hicks, TooCouponCrazy and dededi like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by hanksr View Post

I believe Kawam was there....

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I believe Kawam was there....
    how many ballots did Kawam use to get that? Man sorry to hear you used up almost 600k in points and u got squat. Good game too if you were a Bills fan, sucked if you were a Washington fan though.
    dededi likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Maggie only supports the Flyers cause that's hubbie's team and he gives her a credit card to buy lots and lots of shoes...
    and shopping sprees...

if he was a Leaf or Canadien or Phoenix fan she'd be rooting for them....

Isn't that right Rockin'Maggie...???

Sorry I feel asleep mid conversation cough medicine makes me sleepy....
    Yes owdatoon you are right..... Shoes rock.....

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

how many ballots did Kawam use to get that? Man sorry to hear you used up almost 600k in points and u got squat. Good game too if you were a Bills fan, sucked if you were a Washington fan though.

It didn't cost me any ballots. I won mine through another site. Great game though. CFL game presentation does not even come close to the way the NFL game is presented.

He must've missremembered
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I never ranted about attendance, you are should look what was said, before you give your 1 cent worth!

Owdatoon, on the issue of attendance, Montreal Canadien average attendance since the 2005-06 season is 21273 which is full capacity. Air Canada Centre average has been 19300, again below the numbers of the Canadiens. Before the Bell Centre opened their average attendance was 16964, which was still more than Leafs had of 15725 during the Maple Leaf Garden days.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

They don't ruin their draft picks they just don't make any good ones. Put Kadri any where you want he needs a lot more maturing and strength to go before he makes it big in the NHL. He'll make it someday and he has done better than anyone Montreal has picked since then. I watched him play he was impressive but I couldn't see him make a big impact in the NHL. Mind you it wasn't a stellar year for draftees. Trade him or train him and everyone will be happier. They shouldn't be bouncing him around though. As for Montreal draft picks two out of twenty picks isn't that great. Maybe better than the Leafs but not that great.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

November 2 Secret Seat - 3T

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Brady Code:offense
    Last edited by ROMEO; Wed, Nov 2nd, 2011 at 06:25 AM.
    22hicks, TooCouponCrazy and dededi like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Ok peeps since it is my Bday today can we not fight about who's teams $$$ jock strap is bigger!!! I got it,, lets make the whole day about me!!! Me me me I finally get to drink legally so this is a biggie!!!

Just kidding back to your regulaly scheduled banter!!!
    Last edited by maggierocks; Wed, Nov 2nd, 2011 at 07:25 AM.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

GM Maggie hope you have a Wonderful day !!
    22hicks and TooCouponCrazy like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Happy Birthday Maggie!

Don't worry no more hockey talk from me!

Romeo, the Brady code not working for me, did it work for you?
    dededi likes this.

Thread Information