User Tag List

Trading Score
    25 (100%)

I should probably start by admitting that I'm a bit of a stroller addict. We currently own 4, one of them is the Graco Quattro Tour. I won't mince words, I HATE THIS STROLLER!

It's bulky and cumbersome. Shopping anywhere that doesn't have 5' wide aisles is a nightmare. You may want to slap a "Wide Right Turns" sticker on it. It fits in the trunk but it doesn't leave a lot of room for anything else.

It's heavier than any other stroller we own. We were considering getting this stroller in a travel system and I'm glad we didn't. It's heavy and akward by itself, I can't imagine it with a carseat on top.

One of the reasons we chose this stroller was because we thought the large wheels would be good in the snow. They're not. Clumps of snow tend to get caught in between the pairs of front wheels and prevent the wheels from turning properly. Pushing through wet snow or slush is nearly impossible.

There are a lot of nice things about this stroller. The one-hand fold is the easiest I've seen so far. The basket is large. The sun shade covers a large area and can come down as far as the child tray. If you're looking for a stroller to use for walks around the neighbourhood or going to the park then you'll probably like this stroller (until it snows, anyway). If you want a stroller that you can use in every situation, this isn't it.

Rating-2/5
    Cost-$199 at Sears
    This thread is currently associated with: Amazon.ca & Amazon.com, Sears

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Wow you have a lot of strollers. Thanks for the review though

Quote Originally Posted by rachel1496 View Post

I should probably start by admitting that I'm a bit of a stroller addict. We currently own 4, one of them is the Graco Quattro Tour. I won't mince words, I HATE THIS STROLLER!

It's bulky and cumbersome. Shopping anywhere that doesn't have 5' wide aisles is a nightmare. You may want to slap a "Wide Right Turns" sticker on it. It fits in the trunk but it doesn't leave a lot of room for anything else.

It's heavier than any other stroller we own. We were considering getting this stroller in a travel system and I'm glad we didn't. It's heavy and akward by itself, I can't imagine it with a carseat on top.

One of the reasons we chose this stroller was because we thought the large wheels would be good in the snow. They're not. Clumps of snow tend to get caught in between the pairs of front wheels and prevent the wheels from turning properly. Pushing through wet snow or slush is nearly impossible.

There are a lot of nice things about this stroller. The one-hand fold is the easiest I've seen so far. The basket is large. The sun shade covers a large area and can come down as far as the child tray. If you're looking for a stroller to use for walks around the neighbourhood or going to the park then you'll probably like this stroller (until it snows, anyway). If you want a stroller that you can use in every situation, this isn't it.

Rating-2/5
    Cost-$199 at Sears

Trading Score
    178 (100%)

I've had 2 of these one when my son was born (8yrs ago, travel system) and one with my daughter (also travel system). The one I had for my son the wheel fell off and I thought I'd never buy another one but I did. The new one I have for my daughter is great, I've had no problems as of yet with it.
    <a href='http://www.irazoo.com/ReferedNewUser.aspx?RefBy=wakeforsoul'></a>

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by rachel1496 View Post

Rating-2/5
    Cost-$199 at Sears
    I had one of these as well, a travel system model. It was one of two new strollers that we owned (we also had a $5 yard sale umbrella model for awhile, for quick jaunts only!).

I didn't mind its size; we don't have a car, and I liked having a big stroller that I could fit plenty of cargo into. As a 10 pound + newborn, my son didn't fit in the little car seat very long anyhow, so that wasn't an issue.

I will agree that it IS very heavy. I'm a fairly big strong gal, so it was manageable for me. I liked that I could fold this with one hand, just twist the handle thing and drop it, latch it, and it was folded. I often hopped on this bus with this, and did manage to fold it, carry my son in one arm and the stroller in the other. But again, if you're not strong, this won't work for you.

My bigger issue was with durability. More than once (I think it was actually three times) I had to call Graco and get new wheels because one of the back ones fell off! The third time it wasn't under warranty anymore, but I sent a well-worded angry email and they sent me wheels again. All that's holding those back wheels on is a thin cottar pin, made of what appears to be the same material as a paper clip. As soon as one of those snapped (generally as I was halfway home, or getting off a bus), then a wheel went rolling away. I'd find the snapped piece, and it was rusted. A front wheel broke off once too, but that was a matter of it being just a piece of plastic. The last straw was when we lost the little red plastic thing that held it in a folded position. They claimed that was part of the frame and would not replace it. It was a cheap little plastic thing that was easy to remove! Part of the FRAME?

But I concede, we were harder on my stroller than most people would be. Without a car, this was our transportation. We took it everywhere; down the street, on the bus, wherever.

I've concluded that NO department store stroller is designed for any outdoor conditions really except for dry, smooth and sunny. We had a few strollers, and none of them functioned well in snow at all. If I had to do it over again, I think I would have spent the money on one of the BOB strollers that's designed for outdoor folks. IMO, most strollers are designed for people to carry in the trunk of their car and drive their child around in the mall. But still, the wheels shouldn't have broken off so many times.

Thank GOD our son is three now and doesn't fit in a stroller anymore!

Z

Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Leslie21 View Post
    Wow you have a lot of strollers. Thanks for the review though
    I started out looking for the perfect stroller that would do everything I needed it to. Since that apparently doesn't exist I now just have a few that do different things.

Thread Information