User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Trading Score
    178 (100%)

So the Bumbo chair is made for infants so they can sit before they can actually sit. They must be able to hold their neck up on their own (I think that's obvious). The chair is shaped to fit babys body and it is supposed to help them with trunk control to eventually help them sit on their own. I started using this product when my daughter was 3 months old and it was a god send because she loved to sit up instead of lying down all the time... I guess she wanted to be a part of the action. I did find by 6 months she was able to twist herself out of the chair which is why I think they have the warning on them not to put it on table tops or counters. I think if I would have had the tray it would have prevented her from doing so. It was great though for feeding her when we were at the grandparents house and it was easy and light enough to just throw it in the car if we were going some where and she would need to be fed solids while we were out. It's easy to clean, you can get it to suction to the floor if you have hardwood or ceramic tiles.
    I do find this item pretty expensive at about $60 (that's not including the tray which is about another $15 or so I think) but you can usually pick one up for cheaper, like I did, used .... I bought mine on Kijij.ca for $15.

<DL>Made from a low-density foam material
    Lightweight and portable
    Durable material outer skin
    Easy to clean
    </DL>
    All in all I give this item a 3/5.... I like it but the price is a little too steep and I didn't like the fact that I had to spend another $15 on a tray if I didn't want my baby to fall out .

<!-- Start: Hazmat Warning --><!-- End: Hazmat Warning --><!-- Start: Hazmat Warning --><!-- End: Hazmat Warning -->
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    This thread is currently associated with: Guess
    <a href='http://www.irazoo.com/ReferedNewUser.aspx?RefBy=wakeforsoul'></a>

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    15 (100%)

I love the bumbo! I bought my second hand with the tray but spend a lot more then 15$, mine was around 50$. Its great for taking her to a resurant she can sit with everyone else, taking her outside, or just when she wants to sit but she can't really sit alone yet. I think they are a little pricey though.

Trading Score
    25 (100%)

They're definitely pricey for the amount of time you get to use them. Ours was a hand-me-down that came with a tray and we loved it until the day he learned that he could plant his feet on the floor and "launch" himself out of it.

They're so easy to clean though. No little cracks or crevices for food/other assorted baby goop to get stuck in.

Trading Score
    57 (98%)

I must've got lucky because my kid had fat legs and as much as he tried to get himself out of it, it wasn't happening LMAO AHHAHAHA

Watching him try to "launch" himself out of it, with his fat legs wedged in there, was hilarious!!

I agree though, the price is wayyyyy too much, my mom bought me ours.

Oh and the tray does little to stop them for getting out of it, once they learn how to LOL
    Last edited by ex0ticb3lla; Wed, Mar 25th, 2009 at 10:54 AM.
    Can't say enough good things about Swagbucks & iRazoo ...Click the link to join too

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

We didn't buy one, although they did look cool. I thought $60 was too much.

I don't think my giant kid would have fit in it anyhow!

Z

Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by ex0ticb3lla View Post
    I must've got lucky because my kid had fat legs and as much as he tried to get himself out of it, it wasn't happening LMAO AHHAHAHA

Watching him try to "launch" himself out of it, with his fat legs wedged in there, was hilarious!!

I agree though, the price is wayyyyy too much, my mom bought me ours.

Oh and the tray does little to stop them for getting out of it, once they learn how to LOL

Hahaha, when we had it out for Colin Amanda decided to sit in it (it was hers originally) and when she stood up it ended up stuck to her butt. She had to wait for me to stop laughing before I could help her get it off.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

I wanted to get one when dd was 4 months old. It's a good thing we tested it out at Toys r Us before getting it on craigslist. My dd had really chubby legs and she got stuck. I had to slide her in, and then when I tried to get her out, I couldn't. My dad had to hold the bumbo down while I pulled my girl.

We found another convertible baby seat that was better for her.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    15 (100%)

I received the bumbo as a gift and I liked it. I started putting my daughter in it from 3.5-4 months and by 5 months she was sitting on her own and by 6 months we stopped using it. For the month or two that we used it, she loved being in it because it allowed her to sit up and look around. The price is way too expensive, only used it because it was a gift. I purchased the tray which I thought was a waste and kept popping off and never used it.

coupon-holic
    Trading Score
    304 (100%)

We love using the Bumbo! We have the aqua coloured one. My son loved it and now my daughter does too. We bring it out to the restaurants so she can join in the action. She hates the car seat and this is a good alternative to sitting down without the seatbelts. (of course, baby cannot be left unattended. always)

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I also think the price is really steep but we won one in a raffle and i LOVE it. It's one of the handiest baby items out there

Trading Score
    73 (100%)

Thanks for this post My daughter is 4months but I think if I can get a secondhand one I will because she is at the stage where she wants to sit up all the time but can't quite hold herself up and this would be great for her but I agree that $50 is way too much considering they will only use it for a couple of months.

-Has anyone tried the "Summer Infant-3 Stage Super Seat" from Walmart? I'm wondering if that would be just as good as the Bumbo.
    Last edited by Lilyana'sMommy; Wed, Apr 22nd, 2009 at 03:00 PM.

Trading Score
    23 (100%)

We got a Bumbo as a shower gift and we're getting ready to pull it out of the closet. My son just turned 3 months and has great head and neck control so he should be just about ready to use it. It'll be great becuase he wants to sit up and be part of the world. We have the tray too which should be helpful in keeping him in the seat better.
    Join SWAGBUCKS! I've made over $1000 so far! Click here to join!!

Regal Fundraiser!! Ongoing so no due date and items ship directly to your door! Use this link and put Lisa Taylor under the Referral Name on the payment page. Thank you for your support! www.hrtc.shopregal.ca

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lilyana'sMommy View Post
    Thanks for this post My daughter is 4months but I think if I can get a secondhand one I will because she is at the stage where she wants to sit up all the time but can't quite hold herself up and this would be great for her but I agree that $50 is way too much considering they will only use it for a couple of months.

-Has anyone tried the "Summer Infant-3 Stage Super Seat" from Walmart? I'm wondering if that would be just as good as the Bumbo.
    That 3-stage super seat is what we have. My dd still uses it today. We strapped it onto a chair so she can join us when we're eating at the table. No need to buy a bulky high chair. A better investment since I know she will be using it for a year or 2 more.

Trading Score
    80 (100%)

I had a Bumbo, but sold it because DS never fit into it. I wasn't about to wedge him into the seat just so I'd have to pull on him to get him out. He had (still has) super chubby legs. We got the FisherPrice booster seat, and we used that instead. I LOVE IT!!! It goes everywhere with us, and he can sit right at the table. No need for high chairs.
    SwagBucks.com - the premiere digital dollar. Earn SwagBucks to redeem for great prizes. Amazon.ca are available here!

LeadPrizes.com - I have redeemed for $6 into my PayPal account in just under two weeks. You can too with this awesome PTC site!

Trading Score
    86 (100%)

I loved the one we had for my daughter. She actually used it until about 15 or so months. She could sit up (heck she was walking at that point!), but she loved sitting in it. We stopped using it when her bum would stay attached to it. The tray was great if you could get the damn thing on. I hated trying to pry it on. I see they have a new one out though. Not sure it it's easier.

I was at Shoppers yesterday and I saw a bumbo potty seat! It fits on the toilet! It was on clearance for $40, which is a lot for a potty seat. I thought it was cool though!
    Last edited by Insane; Wed, Apr 22nd, 2009 at 08:35 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information