User Tag List

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Green Toys Tea Set

Manufacturers site: http://www.greentoys.com/tea.html

Purchase from: Chapters in store, but also available online: http://www.chapters.indigo.ca/toys/T...4256-item.html $24.99
    It has become a quest for me to find gifts that meet my values. Enter Green Toys. Green Toys makes this Tea Set out of recycled milk jugs! AND is made in California.

When my mother asked me what to get my daughter for her 2nd birthday I sent her the link and off she went. This is a FANTASTIC product!

It is recommended for children 3 and up.
    Comes with: Tea Pot, Cream, covered sugar, 4 cups, 4 saucers and 4 spoons

Pros:
    - Made out of recycled milk jugs! hooray for recycling!
    - Environmental Packaging - VERY easy! took the girls about 30 seconds flat to get every thing out of the box - a HUGE plus at a birthday party!
    - FDA regulations for food contact! This is awesome, because my kids like to have "tea" parties with water and they drink A LOT
    - They contain no traceable amounts of Phthalates or BPA.
    - Great for the imagination!
    - Easy for little hands to grip and use
    - Well built - seems that it will last well

Cons:
    Seriously the only thing i can think of is my daughter tends to tip the pot too far making the lid fall off, but she's only 2 and it does say 3 and up!

I cannot say enough good things about the product and the company. Price - I'm sure you can find cheap sets in the dollar store, but the one we had was thin, flimsy and broken. This set is sturdy! Can't wait until Christmas to get the cookware set! I think the sand play set though is overpriced.

My rating for the Tea Set is 9.5 out of 10!

I'd give it a 10/10 if the lid stayed on and if it came with a tray to keep all the pieces together.

This thread is currently associated with: Indigo Chapters Coles Bookstore
    Last edited by curls; Thu, Mar 26th, 2009 at 09:17 PM. Reason: forgot price!

Trading Score
    19 (100%)

curls, it sounds FANTASTIC! and the part about the lid falling off, well she'll learn coordination as she gets older. that's normal! did you have a photo uploaded, i would love to see what the set looks like!

kudos on the great review!

will you be my friend? please? http://swagbucks.com/?cmd=sb-register&rb=298463

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I needed something plastic for my 9 month old son to chew one that I knew wasn't poisonous so I bought the same tea set at Chapters. They don't have any boy products from green toys in my area lol.

I agree that It's a great product.

Thread Information