User Tag List

Trading Score
    57 (98%)

I feel the need to review these for a couple of reasons.

Ever since my son was born I've been a pretty avid Kirkland Brand user (for baby wipes).

When he was first born, the size of them was a godsend. I found I didn't need to run out and replace the wipes as often as I would've with huggies (at only 572 wipes - or even parent's choice with 400 wipes).

At the time (2007) they were only 16.99 a case, which for 704 wipes is a WICKED deal - and even better was that at times they'd have in-store specials where they'd go on for as low as 13.99 a case.

I found the thickness of them to be perfect. The way they dispensed out of the bag was fantastic. They smelled great, and they were sensitive on my sons bum. He never broke out in rashes or anything. But the big plus to them was the price... So I continued to use them.

My mom always runs to Costco when she comes to Barrie (no costco where she's from) and always seems to be picking these up for me. I never really paid close attention to the price until about 6 months ago my girlfriend had to stop off at Costco to pick up wipes for her daughter (she uses the Kirkland as well). I sat in the car with the babies while she ran in and was shocked when she came out with a huge box of huggies.

I asked her what was up and she said, "can you believe that the price of the Kirkland baby wipes is now the same price as the case of Huggies AND I get 16 more wipes in the Huggies case". Huggies were NOT part of their in-store coupons at the time it was just a regular price.

I think she had told me that Kirkland went up to 18.99 a box!! I was shocked.

As much as I like these wipes, if I can get a brand name box of baby wipes for the same price as Kirkland AND have more wipes in the case...

Its a no brainer LOL

I give them a 1/5. While the wipes are great, the price is what made them fantastic!
    This thread is currently associated with: Costco, Huggies
    Last edited by ex0ticb3lla; Thu, Mar 26th, 2009 at 10:40 PM.
    Can't say enough good things about Swagbucks & iRazoo ...Click the link to join too

Trading Score
    19 (100%)

that's strange exotic that the huggies would end up being the better deal. you know wot i think happened? it's all supply=demand. you and your mom bought so many of them they kept upping the price.

now if you switch to huggies, one of 2 things is gonna happen. the kirkland will go back down..

or the huggies will go even higher!

but that's the main reason i never bought too many wipes when my son was a baby. the price was nuts. seemed like i would go too through many of them. we din't have large pkgs like that at the time either. (1997)

will you be my friend? please? http://swagbucks.com/?cmd=sb-register&rb=298463

Trading Score
    57 (98%)

Quote Originally Posted by NSangel View Post
    that's strange exotic that the huggies would end up being the better deal. you know wot i think happened? it's all supply=demand. you and your mom bought so many of them they kept upping the price.

now if you switch to huggies, one of 2 things is gonna happen. the kirkland will go back down..

or the huggies will go even higher!

but that's the main reason i never bought too many wipes when my son was a baby. the price was nuts. seemed like i would go too through many of them. we din't have large pkgs like that at the time either. (1997)

hahaha probably. I could see it happening. But i never bothered renewing my costco membership last month. There's only 3 of us in the family and it was just a waste of money (except for their muffins LMAO). It just made me so darn angry the way they increased their prices LOL
    Can't say enough good things about Swagbucks & iRazoo ...Click the link to join too

Trading Score
    208 (100%)

If you look closely at the diaper price, you will see that the Huggies are generally a little cheaper per diaper then the Kirkland too. The Huggies are a little more money per case, but you get more diapers. Figure that out. Bizarre.

in the Ghetto of Richmond...apparently :rolleyes:
    Trading Score
    111 (100%)

Isn't Kirkland and Huggies part of the same company, someone told me once that kirkland was (supposed to be) the discount brand
    :pottytrain2: :pottytrain2: :pottytrain2:

Trading Score
    57 (98%)

Quote Originally Posted by jaba View Post
    Isn't Kirkland and Huggies part of the same company, someone told me once that kirkland was (supposed to be) the discount brand
    maybe for their diapers, but their wipes are certainly nothing like huggies LOL but i have heard that their diapers are pretty much huggies diapers with a kirkland logo stuck on there!

Thread Information