User Tag List

Trading Score
    14 (100%)

Aerogarden,self contained gardening system

SpaceSaver 6

Recieved this as a Xmas present and have been using it since. So far I have grown mixed greens & herbs

It has a nice sleek design and is very easy to use and grow vegtables/flowers.You have to buy the seed packs seperatly,but each comes with enough nutrient tablets and little plastic domes to last a long time

All you need to do is add the seed pods to the holes in the Aero garden unit,add water and nutrients and wait for the results

With my lettuce I got great results,and we got two family meals out of it.With the herbs I now have 5 diff herbs growiing (one didnt make it) and its really nice to be able to harvest right from the Aero Garden

The only complaint I have is,that I wish I had gotten the larger Aero garden with more space

The unit comes with the growing bulbs,and these need to be replaced every 6 months at a cost of $19.99...Depending on what you want to grow,the seed pods/nutrients will cost up to $24.99

It's fun for the kids to plant their own little garden and watch it grow and it was great in the winter time

While it doesnt replace my outdoor garden, I find it useful to start my seeds in the Aero Garden for transplanting outside

Out of 5 thumbs The Aero Garden gets
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    Dog's don't care if you are rich or poor,smart or dumb,just give them your heart and they will give you theirs

Trading Score
    25 (100%)

http://www.aerogardenstore.com/promo...oduct=6000-0GB

Is this the one you have? I want one just because it looks cool.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Space Saver 6 is this one
    http://www.aerogardendirect.ca/promo...oduct=6100-00B
    and it is a little smaller than the unit you posted.

Both Canadian Tire and Bed Bath & Beyond plus some local retailers carry Aerogardens.

I also have a Space Saver 6 and have purchased one for my Mom as a gift. I like it a lot but would have liked to get one that is taller maybe a 2nd one that is taller.

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

I have been wanting one of these for a long time but (if I remember correctly) they were way more expensive. I'm really happy to hear that they are sold at Canadian Tire. Maybe that's what I will get for my birthday on the 29th! Does the unit come with a set of herbs or do you have to buy that separately?
    I would love to talk to other saves/moms in the Halifax/Sackville/Bedford area.

Trading Score
    14 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by zabet17 View Post
    I have been wanting one of these for a long time but (if I remember correctly) they were way more expensive. I'm really happy to hear that they are sold at Canadian Tire. Maybe that's what I will get for my birthday on the 29th! Does the unit come with a set of herbs or do you have to buy that separately?
    My unit came with flower seeds,but I bought the lettuce and herbs seperatly
    Dog's don't care if you are rich or poor,smart or dumb,just give them your heart and they will give you theirs

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Couple of questions:

1. How long are the plants supposed to continue growing for?
    2. Do the seed pods have a best before date? How long would the shelf life be?
    3. Has anyone seen them go on sale?

I really wish the stores were open today - I'm really tempted to go out and buy one now!
    I would love to talk to other saves/moms in the Halifax/Sackville/Bedford area.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    78 (100%)

my MIL has one and loves it.

Thread Information