User Tag List

Thread: V-Tech Dect 8.0

Trading Score
    57 (98%)

V-Tech is a horrible company to buy from regardless. But this phone is the absolute worst.

To start off the phone itself was around $79.99. A little steep but its sleek and seemed nice. It worked for about 3 months and after that it was all downhill.

Everytime we took it off the base, it would say "place in charger" we'd do that a couple of times and finally it would kick on. The other thing it started to do was completely turn off everytime you pushed speaker phone.

I called V-Tech customer service and they ever so kindly sent me a replacement (ie: refurbished - had to of been, but they never really did specify) phone.

The phone arrived within a week and we plugged it in. No problems. About a month later the speaker phone started to go again, and would turn the phone off. A week after that the ringer completely stopped working on it. Keep in mind we were still within the 1 year warranty that they had on these phones!

I called V-Tech yet again, to this time they told me I needed to send the phone back first, and then they'd send me a new one....UM, and in the mean time what was I supposed to do without a home phone, to which they told me that was their policy and to "basically like it or lump it". I even spoke to a manager and they refused because I already had a replacement unit sent to me. How's that for a 1 year warranty LOL

Now the best part:

Oh I did send that phone back alright... About 3 months after all this went down, i called v-tech and got their mailing address to send back a replacement unit. I had ran out to walmart and got a really good deal on a GE cordless phone and corded one as well (super cute - works awesome!)...

BUT I sent this "lovely" v-tech phone back to them in pieces, after I ran it over with the car LMAO I hope they enjoyed opening that envelope... and my husband says I have anger problems LMAO

The conclusion: Never buy v-tech unless you love a good headache!!
    This thread is currently associated with: Amazon.ca & Amazon.com, Walmart
    Last edited by ex0ticb3lla; Sat, Mar 28th, 2009 at 02:20 PM.
    Can't say enough good things about Swagbucks & iRazoo ...Click the link to join too

Trading Score
    19 (100%)

LMAO!! SERIOUSLY??? YOU RAN OVER THE PHONE?????

i had a v-tech phone, i luved it. but it was one i won thru aliant. it was orange, not at all like yours above. it worked fine, til whoever PISSED me off on the other end, sent that phone FLLYIIIING across the room mine was an $80 phone too. now i'm stuck with my uniden. that has to be set JUST SO or it won't recharge at all. now my god. i HATE MY UNIDEN.

i wonder if it'll work better if i run over it with the car...

i've been told i have anger issues...only been told it once tho. they wouldn't dare say it twice.

will you be my friend? please? http://swagbucks.com/?cmd=sb-register&rb=298463

Trading Score
    57 (98%)

Quote Originally Posted by NSangel View Post
    LMAO!! SERIOUSLY??? YOU RAN OVER THE PHONE?????
    I DID!! LOL and then I proceeded to mail it back in pieces because i wanted them to know how much i hate their guts...i even wrote a note that said "thank you for nothing"

I really wonder what they said when they opened it!

My mom has uniden phones too and hates them. I just hate all cordless phones period LMAO
    Can't say enough good things about Swagbucks & iRazoo ...Click the link to join too

Thread Information