User Tag List

Page 446 of 449 FirstFirst ... 346 396 436 444 445 446 447 448 ... LastLast
Results 6,676 to 6,690 of 6729
Like Tree142Likes

Thread: Calgary Coupon Hunters *HEADS UP*

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Right now i am organizing my coupons into stacks of upc's and I am putting them into folders with all like coupons together... then I am making a log in excel that will be alphabetized and I am calling it my coupon bible... if i see a product i can know at a glance how many coupons i have/ need and what the expiry date is. Now that we get to stack on grocery items it has added on so many more coupons that i needed a new system to handle the stacks. Now when I go coupon hunting I will also be able to know what i need so i don't get too many of one type of coupon... they are just too heavy to take everywhere so getting organized was the only way to go!

Now we just have to remember to take it easy on them because the staff is just learning to operate the tills never mind how to deal with stackers... please be nice to them... they will remember you for it.
    Swagbucks, Earn 30 - $50 a month in surveys plus cash backs on your spending. You have to work at it, but it is WORTH it and it can help you buy some Christmas presents for free with Amazon gift cards or paypal payments. Referral link http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/cheekysaver

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    156 (100%)

Just to let u guys know that ever since after the strike, Superstore now will NOT automatically execute SCOP, you have to officially say "I am requesting SCOP". Or they will just give u the difference in price. And because of the strike, they are not caught up with the signs yet. So lots of wrong prices. Watch ur receipt.

RCSS is one of the stores (Sobeys too) I know will inform and perform SCOP even when the customer has no idea what the voluntary law is about. She told me now they are not require (by gov't) to do that if the consumer is not aware.

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Mission View Post
    Just to let u guys know that ever since after the strike, Superstore now will NOT automatically execute SCOP, you have to officially say "I am requesting SCOP". Or they will just give u the difference in price. And because of the strike, they are not caught up with the signs yet. So lots of wrong prices. Watch ur receipt.

RCSS is one of the stores (Sobeys too) I know will inform and perform SCOP even when the customer has no idea what the voluntary law is about. She told me now they are not require (by gov't) to do that if the consumer is not aware.
    Well alrighty then... i am going to superstore tomorrow! (I was going to go coupon hunting but now i will add this onto the to do list!)

I want to add that panorama SaveOnFoods is opening on Sat.... steton opened last week and Mandy phoned and contacted a assistant manager... she was told they will only allow stacking on Thursdays and to give them a month before we start stacking... They need time to train the staff... so if a few things expire then they do. Remember every store will handle the stacking somewhat differently... some may want us to prepay with the coupons then collect the product when it comes in and some may want us to pre order and some may want us there on a tuesday. The limit still stands at 3 cases ranging over a brand... and it doesn't matter if the case has 2 items in it or 24 it is still a limit of 3. So if you want 3 cases of dove you can get one case of shampoo... one conditioner... one body wash and you have reached your limit. I personally think that is a really awesome limit. LD still has a limit of 4 so to me this is heaven.

They may allow us to do small stacks on normal days but the bigger amounts are so we don't hold up lines... so they have enough staff on hand... and so we don't clear off shelves... and so we get the product we are hoping for. They also have said that if you get family members to order for you your stacking privileges may be revoked. They have put their butts on the line for us and if we play fair we will be able to stack longer.
    Last edited by cheekysaver; Thu, Oct 24th, 2013 at 04:39 AM.
    megansavingmoney likes this.
    Swagbucks, Earn 30 - $50 a month in surveys plus cash backs on your spending. You have to work at it, but it is WORTH it and it can help you buy some Christmas presents for free with Amazon gift cards or paypal payments. Referral link http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/cheekysaver

plc
    Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    15 (100%)

In the mail today I received the $10 promotional gift card from Save on Foods.

Trading Score
    124 (100%)

Mrs. Green's Organic Market will be opening in Calgary on November 1st. I'm excited about this...can't wait to visit. Hopefully this means a little more competitive pricing with organic produce and meats here.

http://mrsgreens.com/locations/calgary/
    Inlovewithblue likes this.
    ~RRLF $0.75 Organic Meadow, $1 Almond Fresh~

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

I just found out some couponers have been going to saveonfoods in full force. This is jeopardizing our ability to stack in the future... the staff is not properly trained and they still need more staff... so if your doing it... please knock it off ... they have already started to institute changes that exceed the coupon policy because of you. I have waited YEARS for this chance... and I am waiting longer until they are ready for us... please don't mess this up for us all by pushing your way in the door with coupons in hand... *so frustrated that we could potentially loose this privilege before the rest of us can even get in the door.

Shups and tries to move on.

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Sorry i was pretty upset there... I am hoping you guys will join me and help repair damage done. I went on SOF facebook page and on the top at the right there is a message button... I clicked it and asked them to allow us to stack and promised to be fair and go by the coupon policy... I also promised to not clear off tear pads and to be fair in waiting for their staff to be trained. I hope you guys will follow suit so they will not only allow us to stack in the future... but so they can weed out the bad apples.
    https://www.facebook.com/SaveOnFoods

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    29 (100%)

I agree, I've been waiting so long to be able to stack here. Just to find out others are being greedy and can't wait a couple weeks. Sad because now I doubt I'll ever get to save like that ..
    cheekysaver likes this.

Trading Score
    124 (100%)

I don't know if I'm missing something but, why don't they put more strict limits on stacking from the get-go? For example, 3 like items instead of 3 whole cases? Wouldn't that just solve the problem entirely while allowing people to stack for a reasonable amount of products?
    cheekysaver likes this.

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Sbabytears View Post
    I agree, I've been waiting so long to be able to stack here. Just to find out others are being greedy and can't wait a couple weeks. Sad because now I doubt I'll ever get to save like that ..
    SaveOn responded right away and thanked me for the support... they are receptive and it is worth a shot to let them know there are some good couponers out there.
    snuffaluffagus likes this.

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by snuffaluffagus View Post
    I don't know if I'm missing something but, why don't they put more strict limits on stacking from the get-go? For example, 3 like items instead of 3 whole cases? Wouldn't that just solve the problem entirely while allowing people to stack for a reasonable amount of products?
    I think they are allowing us to purchase cases for many reasons... the first and second are important... opening this many stores is expensive... couponers will just take a friend and get how many they want anyways... and then the shelf is cleared... when we order by the case it reduces costs and labor of stocking the shelves and the staff is on hand to help with the order. When we preorder they always have a cashier for us waiting and no customer is stuck waiting behind us. (we all know we don't have 2 min check out times here LOL) The last reason is... they are only going to be allowed to do this for a certain period of time before companies crack down... they think we have until spring...unless WE mess it up.

Going in before the staff is prepared to handle us, being tearpad bandits and clearing off pads and people ordering at multiple stores is what causes the problems. Seton location asked for a month from opening before we start showing up so they can train their staff. It is only 3 more weeks then we can plan trips.

I know some people think you shouldn't purchase more then 3 or 4 items at a time but that depends on people's circumstances.... a family with 4 or 5 children will go through more product... people like me with disabilities can't get out to every sale and we miss the rotation and end up paying much higher prices because we couldn't make it through until the following sale. I have had this happen... I ended up going to the foodbank because I didn't have enough stock to get me through the most painful time of the year. (That was 2 years ago and I learned my lesson... I stock up when I am in better health.) I don't need cases of everything... There are few things I need cases of actually... but the things I do go through I will get.

I also practice ethical coupon gathering... I have more then enough to do trades and to use... I go to multiple stores... within 4 days of the tear pads being replaced I go gather extras. If i can find a way to use them I don't want them going back to smartsource.

I know there is a big hoopla about people selling off cases in BC... what they are doing is not ok... it isn't right and I am not going to be selling product. So what is the lesser evil here... stopping people from selling or forcing people to go to food banks and do without ... for many that is the choice.

Trading Score
    124 (100%)

Thank you for your explanation, cheekysaver . Coming from a province where stacking isn't possible (not to this extent anyways), one would think I'd be excited about it but, I guess I'm thinking it's still too good to be true, lol. I've been here 7 months already and have yet to try stacking, even at London Drugs .
    cheekysaver likes this.

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by snuffaluffagus View Post
    Thank you for your explanation, cheekysaver . Coming from a province where stacking isn't possible (not to this extent anyways), one would think I'd be excited about it but, I guess I'm thinking it's still too good to be true, lol. I've been here 7 months already and have yet to try stacking, even at London Drugs .
    LOL I get that stacking at london drugs was like that for me for well over a year... but it isn't too good to be true... we are in a golden age right now that we will talk about for years...a price war starting along with coupon stacking. I know because my mom still talks about the time she redid her kitchen from refunding... The next few months are going to be magic.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Just saw that stacking at saveonfoods is now gone!! thanks to you greedy people ruining it for everyone else.This takes affect Nov 1. Now I wont get experience it like some people did..

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    156 (100%)

I am so sorry Cheeky, I had to say when LD stopped most of the stacking (or should I say P&G and other big brands), I never thought it would happen, remembered there were rumors and rumors about how we "heard" staffs talking about taking away stacking but never really happened and we would just laughed and said we must have heard that over millions of times, these rumors appear every 2-3 weeks for the past 30 years. Nevertheless, it happened and the date it happened, the western couponing world went silent and this very thread became quiet and droopy and our monthly cpn meeting diminished to none and so was my social life.

So I never really got my hopes up for SOF, I knew by the time the Panorama branch opens, all good things would have stopped by then. But I held my tongue, I didn't want to be a party pooper and I saw how hard u worked for ALL OF US and kept us updated and post on their facebook telling them there are good couponers out there and for that and that alone, I thank you even though I have never been able to stack or had not step foot in the store yet. I know you must be devastated and might even be angry abt how others might had ruined it for u b4 u even get started. I am truly sorry. I hope us good guys can still stick together and get the best deal out of it. (stack manuf. and store cpns like @ target)

Cheer up, Cheeky, we are here for u.
    cheekysaver and Lavender Lady like this.

Page 446 of 449 FirstFirst ... 346 396 436 444 445 446 447 448 ... LastLast

Thread Information