User Tag List

Page 280 of 449 FirstFirst ... 180 230 270 278 279 280 281 282 290 330 380 ... LastLast
Results 4,186 to 4,200 of 6729
Like Tree142Likes

Thread: Calgary Coupon Hunters *HEADS UP*

Senior Canuck Goddess in this Household's Avatar
    Trading Score
    8 (100%)

Thanks for the coupons this morning, ladies! And thanks to Kittyboots who played Hansel and Gretel with me throughout the aisles of Walmart.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    114 (100%)

I met the lady today in LD, who will be doing the Breakfast show coupon segment next Friday. She seems very nice. Her intentions are genuine as far as I could tell.
    It is unfortunate that there is such a dislike to doing this program show segment. With all the publicity on TV and in stores, we will find that it will be somewhat harder to find the super great free products... this will just make us smarter at finding them and how we use our cpns.
    Being on SC is for me the smartest thing I have done for years. Now I also have a nice stockpile of free/ next to free items to share with my family, friends and to donate to others.

Couponing is a lifestyle for many of us, some due to neccesity others for the fun and thrill, and yet again for many a combination of all the above.

When ever I am in the stores walking with my binders open, and boxes of cpns in the cart, I know that some look at me sideways. Others are only too keen to try to learn how to save for their own households. A short shopping trip can end up taking twice as long as I share information and cpns with shoppers in the stores.

I am only too glad to be able to give them the knowledge that SC members have shared with me, and the skills that I have from being a librarian.

I hope that the cpn Breakfast show is a positive one that shows others how to save money as well.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by AirdrieSaver View Post
    Am I the only one slightly worried about this? I already find that about 2 of every 3 deals I plan to purchase are completely sold out. The typical answer I get is "some lady came earlier and cleared us out". People are already obsessed with the extreme end of couponing. I think this will just add fuel to the fire. I do follow this couponers blog and Facebook page. I don't believe she has anything but great intentions, however, she has no control over the angle of the story. No one is interested in normal responsible couponing.
    You're not alone. I really wish that NO one had agreed to do the Breakfast TV couping interview. I just went and read through her blog and some was great and some worried me. She cautions on "hoarding" but there is no talk about "responsible" couponing. One part that concerned me was when she was telling people how to get coupons. For printables her tip was "just print more!!!". That is fine if it is an unlimited print but more and more have limits on them. Maybe I am getting cynical (sp?) but it seems to be more of a competition on who can get the most out of the stores and if you don't need it just give it away because it was free anyway. What about all the other couponers who are coming behind you who have spend hours and hours preparing and now there is nothing left for them?? It's not fair and it's not right. All the publicity just sends people off trying to grap whatever they can (not everyone, there are responsible people who will take the time to understand what they need to know to be responsible couponers) without being informed or prepared and those are the people who will clear the shelves, make a bad name for couponers, try to get away with using coupons inappropriately and in the end make it harder for others. I hate how I keep hearing on TLC's show, "it's us against the store, against the cashier etc etc". We aren't in a war for crying out loud. We've been given a special opportunity and priviledge to save money if done properly and we take the time to find the deals and make the combo's of sales and coupons. I always make a point of thanking the cashier at the end of a great deal and letting them know I really appreciate being able to save money at their store because I really do and don't know how our family would make it on one income without sales and coupons.

Sorry, my vent for the day lol.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

My big question is how does she really get all the coupon inserts ? the ones she lists on her blog as coupons she can give away?

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

DH just called me and told me he heard the end of a Sobey's ad on the radio (he wasn't sure what they were advertising but he caught "we know all you extreme couponers will be out grabbing it but remember it's a limit of 6, leave some for someone else". Nice reputation all this publicity and those that clear the shelves is building for us couponers. It's pretty bad when the stores are including a warning on their radio ads.
    Last edited by tdjca; Sat, May 7th, 2011 at 01:28 PM. Reason: spelling errors lol

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by skennedy View Post
    My big question is how does she really get all the coupon inserts ? the ones she lists on her blog as coupons she can give away?
    She mentioned a couple ways on her blog... one was she has an arrangement with a corner store or similar to get the coupon inserts from their papers and she used to get them from the newspaper but she said they have put a stop to giving them out.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    31 (100%)

Does anyone know if there are any ziploc's left at any walmart? Or if they provide rain checks? Hate to take the bus only to find that my trip there was pointless =/

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by minouchefreedom View Post
    I met the lady today in LD, who will be doing the Breakfast show coupon segment next Friday. She seems very nice. Her intentions are genuine as far as I could tell.
    It is unfortunate that there is such a dislike to doing this program show segment. With all the publicity on TV and in stores, we will find that it will be somewhat harder to find the super great free products... this will just make us smarter at finding them and how we use our cpns.
    Being on SC is for me the smartest thing I have done for years. Now I also have a nice stockpile of free/ next to free items to share with my family, friends and to donate to others.

Couponing is a lifestyle for many of us, some due to neccesity others for the fun and thrill, and yet again for many a combination of all the above.

When ever I am in the stores walking with my binders open, and boxes of cpns in the cart, I know that some look at me sideways. Others are only too keen to try to learn how to save for their own households. A short shopping trip can end up taking twice as long as I share information and cpns with shoppers in the stores.

I am only too glad to be able to give them the knowledge that SC members have shared with me, and the skills that I have from being a librarian.

I hope that the cpn Breakfast show is a positive one that shows others how to save money as well.

I am wondering how you knew it was her. Did she have a cart overflowing with stuff or was she mentioning it to a cashier. Either ways makes me nervous. I have seen her blog and have to say it kind of made me mad. Like getting mad at the lady at brandsaver on the phone or buying all those olay and shave gels just to get the overages. Isnt that the first sign of hoarding? Buying things you dont really need? I dont know, I will watch bt but not crazy about it. I guess I want to see what she is going to say so I am ready for what might be said next time I use a coupon.

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Hey ladies that buy easy ups... Shoppers on center street and 13th Ave NE is clearing out size 3-4 for 5.99... is that a good price... i don't know lol... only 3 on the shelf... on the end in the corner near the pharmacy.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

yes that is a good price minus the $3 coupon

Senior Canuck Goddess in this Household's Avatar
    Trading Score
    8 (100%)

I may be in the minority on this, but when I read her blog (never heard about it before it was mentioned here) in conjunction with her doing The Breakfast Show, I thought, "Good for her!" Most of the pictures she's showing on her blog of her brags are not, IMO, huge hauls or could be considered clearing out the shelves (aka Extreme Couponers/Hoarders). If she comes across as sane and well-spoken, couldn't a bit of positive publicity be good for couponers vs the nut cases on Extreme Couponers? It might be nice to see a better side of couponers, and in turn it might have people look at you at the till like you're not quite so crazy. I'm guessing the angle of the story might be that of a mom with a young child and a husband who has just been laid off, and how she is helping her family by keeping costs down.

As for people poking fun at couponers, hell - *I* poke fun at couponers, most especially myself! Heaven help the person who makes a disparaging remark to me while I'm at the till though. Not that it's ever happened, but I wouldn't put up with it!

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Sorry ladies seems that my first post this morning didn't get through. Had a great time yesterday morning meeting up with you and thanks for the great coupons!

For those of you that didn't make it if you are looking for set up another one I would be in. Evenings work well too.

Have a great weekend everyone

Trading Score
    112 (100%)

I must say that I agree with goddess. Anyone who uses coupons is totally entitled to use them as they see fit. Who are we to set a limit on what people should buy? We all have our own comfort zones on what we deem "acceptable couponing" but in the end each individual has the right to decide for themselves. As for stores running out of things, I say the early bird gets the worm. If you really wanted it that bad you should of been there early enough to get it. Just my two cents, but I really don't feel that anyone has the right to judge people about anything unless you walk a mile in their shoes first!!!
    Win daily prizes worth $150 to $10000 sign up here!! I've won 3x $150 GCs since Jan.2012
    http://www.todaysdraw.com/?invite=5780

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    31 (100%)

I agree with you Monkey, although there is one thing. Some people don't have the luxury to be the first to get the deals. I am not in this scenario, because well if I loose a deal then I can either wait or pay a few cents more, it makes little difference. That being said what if someone has to work overtime and are paid a minimum wage job? Should they leave that day and not get paid or tell their boss no? Granted I know this is a bit of a stretch but there should be a balance on all these things.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Goddess in this Household View Post
    I may be in the minority on this, but when I read her blog (never heard about it before it was mentioned here) in conjunction with her doing The Breakfast Show, I thought, "Good for her!" Most of the pictures she's showing on her blog of her brags are not, IMO, huge hauls or could be considered clearing out the shelves (aka Extreme Couponers/Hoarders). If she comes across as sane and well-spoken, couldn't a bit of positive publicity be good for couponers vs the nut cases on Extreme Couponers? It might be nice to see a better side of couponers, and in turn it might have people look at you at the till like you're not quite so crazy. I'm guessing the angle of the story might be that of a mom with a young child and a husband who has just been laid off, and how she is helping her family by keeping costs down.

As for people poking fun at couponers, hell - *I* poke fun at couponers, most especially myself! Heaven help the person who makes a disparaging remark to me while I'm at the till though. Not that it's ever happened, but I wouldn't put up with it!
    I hope you are right. Today was the first time I had heard of her blog as well and I was disappointed to see on one of her brags at least 3 stacks of enviro ziplocs (looked like at least 16 boxes) when so many on here are searching for them and finding the stores empty. I realize that part of the reason was to get the overage so the other things she was buying would be cheaper or free but not very fair to other shoppers who are trying to find a couple of boxes as well. I realize it is easy to get carried away and get caught up in getting great deals and things for free and not consider that someone else might need some of those things as well and the likelyhood of that product going on sale again is pretty good and you could pick it up at a later date and just get enough to last you 3 months for now(what they say the sales cycles at). It will be interesting to see what happens on Friday.

Thread Information