User Tag List

Reviews Administrator
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

My DD4 was finally ready for another hair cut, so off to Beaners we went on Saturday.

Beaners is a hair salon that completely caters to kids and DD loves going there (after this visit, mom is not a big fan, but more on that in a bit).

Here is the Beaners website for specific information: http://www.beanersfuncuts.com/home.php

Setup
    Beaners does have a very cute setup that is awesome for kids. They sell toys and stuff for kids at the front, and there is a ball pit for kids to play while they are waiting. The chairs are actually rides (as in 25 cent mall rides: an elephant, a horse, a car and a motorbike) and they have TVs with kids movies playing. For older kids they offer Playstation games to play while they are getting their hair cut.

Prices
    Their prices are a bit high, but not too bad - it is $12.95 for a cut and $17.95 for shampoo, cut and style. For styling they offer little girls a bead braid and some sparkly gel, for boys it is a spray of color.

They also have their own line of hair products and prices are similar to all salon prices: $12.95 for detangler, etc. A little high for kids, but it is good product.

Service
    This is where they lack. My daughter has very short, fine hair and even though she is 4, this is only her second hair cut of her life. It took 1 hour and 15 mintues - WHAT!! Are you kidding me?? How can you get a small child to sit still for over an hour? DD was awesome and was so enthralled in what they were doing that it was OK, but this is definately an area for improvement.

Here is how our visit went. We arrive 15 minutes early, so I am not including this time in our overall time. DD played for a while and then they called her. They asked what we wanted done and I requested teh $17.95 package as we were going for photos shortly after and wanted her hair styled. The stylist said, "Oh, our receptionis washes the hair and she is on her break, so you will have to wait". She left DD in the chair and hung out around the till while waiting. HUH?? Why could she have not washed her hair? And, if that is the way they do things, then why did the receptionist ask what we wanted when we checked in, so the shampooing could've been done right away?

After 10 mintues the receptionist returned from her break and toook DD to wash her hair. DD loved leaning over the sink and having her hair washed, it was so cute The receptionist then took her back to the chair and combed out her hair.

Once done, we were forced to wait for the stylist again as she had taken another client and was finishing his hair. It was not long, but seriously, this could've been organized so much better.

The stylist cut DDs hair and, despite my requests, did not cut enough off. It is also fairly uneven, which was a big disappointment. Once she was done, she gave us the same speil about how it was the receptionist that does the styling so we had to wait for her again. Ummm, isn't the stylist the styler??? Strange set up.

The receptionist returned and did a really good job styling DDs hair. She got the bead braid, some purple glitter (not too much) and some curls. It was pretty cute and I was pretty happy with that part.

Overall
    WOW!! How disorganized can you be? It is so hard to make your kid sit still, let alone for over an hour!! I think there is a lot of room for improvement here!!

Store - 8 / 10 - very kid friendly
    Product - 8 / 10 - a little pricey, but good product
    Services - 4 / 10 - uneven hair cut, but great styling
    Prices - 7 / 10 - a little high
    Service - 2 / 10 - very disorganized!!

Overall - 5 / 10
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Banned
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Comment removed under threat of a lawsuit from Beaners

Trading Score
    32 (100%)

Businesses and the lawyers..

Trading Score
    15 (100%)

My last visit I had a booked appointment. They were running late, which they failed to inform me of when I arrived. We waited 1/2 hr past our appointment time till we got to cut. Well there was only 2 hair cutters on, but I think 6 chairs. There was only 2 cutters when we arrived and when we left. But my 3 yr old has had enough. She's exploring. I'm more worried about keeping her away from the toys at the front to purchase. Well she graps a curling iron left unattended and plugged in. It had been plugged in the whole time we were there. Staff ignored her screaming at first. Finally I asked for a cold cloth. Then I asked for a first aid kit, well they didn't have one. I ask them how they can cater to children and not have a first aid kit on hand, no response. In the end I ran to 4 different pharmacies with this kid crying to find her a certain burn pad I know would help the most. I was not even in the same town as my house or I would have just gone home to get the stuff. In the end took her to emergency, she had 2 and 3rd degree burns to her hand. Staff was of no help. They were freaked out and had no clue how to deal with an emergency. Told them I didn't think it was right that they cater to children but leave the curling irons plugged in and low down for little fingers. The girls says well most kids know to leave them alone. Ya well she's maybe seen a curling iron once in her life cuz mommy doesn't use one. I just left I was so mad. They had my phone number and guess what. No one ever phoned to make sure so was ok. Not to mention that the hair cuts that day were crooked had to go to another girl to get it fixed. Ya, and I did have to pay full price for the hair cut that day. The girls on staff were very young and no manager. I'll never go back and I know a lot of other people that feel the same. They have a good idea but it stopped being good at the thought process.

Trading Score
    86 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by whale33 View Post
    My last visit I had a booked appointment. They were running late, which they failed to inform me of when I arrived. We waited 1/2 hr past our appointment time till we got to cut. Well there was only 2 hair cutters on, but I think 6 chairs. There was only 2 cutters when we arrived and when we left. But my 3 yr old has had enough. She's exploring. I'm more worried about keeping her away from the toys at the front to purchase. Well she graps a curling iron left unattended and plugged in. It had been plugged in the whole time we were there. Staff ignored her screaming at first. Finally I asked for a cold cloth. Then I asked for a first aid kit, well they didn't have one. I ask them how they can cater to children and not have a first aid kit on hand, no response. In the end I ran to 4 different pharmacies with this kid crying to find her a certain burn pad I know would help the most. I was not even in the same town as my house or I would have just gone home to get the stuff. In the end took her to emergency, she had 2 and 3rd degree burns to her hand. Staff was of no help. They were freaked out and had no clue how to deal with an emergency. Told them I didn't think it was right that they cater to children but leave the curling irons plugged in and low down for little fingers. The girls says well most kids know to leave them alone. Ya well she's maybe seen a curling iron once in her life cuz mommy doesn't use one. I just left I was so mad. They had my phone number and guess what. No one ever phoned to make sure so was ok. Not to mention that the hair cuts that day were crooked had to go to another girl to get it fixed. Ya, and I did have to pay full price for the hair cut that day. The girls on staff were very young and no manager. I'll never go back and I know a lot of other people that feel the same. They have a good idea but it stopped being good at the thought process.
    I would have hired a lawyer and sued. That's just atrocious.
    You just proved Signature Advertising works!

Earn FREE money just by searching! Ask me how to get a $5GC using my referral.
    Get $10 off $40 for new customers at well.ca using the code springhascome

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Atleast we know how to contact their legal rep now.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I own a children's hair salon and can't believe either of your experiences! Neither of them are acceptable!

We occasionally run behind but always try to keep clients in the loop so they know what to expect in wait times.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I as well took my son to Beaners to get my son's hair cut and I would never go back there!! The worst part was defiantly the unfriendly staff and how they were not child friendly at all. The chair my son decided to sit in was so filthy as well. His hair cut was uneven. Would not recommend this place for anyone to take their children

Thread Information