User Tag List

Trading Score
    57 (98%)

When my son was first born, he was super congested with phlegm and the doctor suggested we get a warm mist vaporizer just to help out. My husband ran into Walmart and grabbed the Vicks one pictured above.

It was roughly around $20.

Description:

Bacteria-free steam for relief of cold & flu symptoms.
    Designed for use with Vick's VapoSteam or Kaz Inhalant (not included in the box!!)

Safety Matters:
    • Protective Steam Guard
    • Twist and lift cap - it can be a pain in the butt sometimes, but thankfully my hubby is pretty good and he handles the filling of it
    • Large nightlight - this nightlight is super bright!!
    Room Size: Small to Medium.
    18-24 Hour operation.
    1.5 Gallon capacity.

I figured we didn't want to spend a ton of money on it, when we'll probably only use it 3 or 4 times a year. Its been pretty good to us so far.

My son and I have been really sick the last 2 nights and this little guy has been going since then. We have about a 1100 square foot apartment and I find it fills the entire thing!! Which really shocked me because it claimed the room size was small to medium.

I wouldn't suggest using it in a small room because the smell can be super overpowering. I used it in my sons room the other night and closed the door, when I opened it up, the smell just overpowered **not good for a 16 month old to be huffing** LOL (but then again maybe the vicks smell is a good thing!?)

The really great thing about this is it comes with an automatic shut off!! So when it runs out of water, it doesn't keep going, it just turns itself off (great for the nights you fall asleep with it on LOL).

The front has a MAX line to fill up to that you can't miss and there's a little place on top of the blue part to put the vicks....and the smell of vicks through the whole place is fantastic.

How it works:

The vaporizer boils the water and produces a pure, bacteria-free vapor which is released into the room.
    Pure steam vapor helps relieve cold and flu symptoms.
    The vaporizer will automatically shut-off when the water reaches minimum level.

I give this a 5/5!! Definitely worth the $20!
    This thread is currently associated with: Walmart
    Last edited by ex0ticb3lla; Wed, Apr 1st, 2009 at 05:54 PM.
    Can't say enough good things about Swagbucks & iRazoo ...Click the link to join too

Trading Score
    178 (100%)

this is a great product!! we have one for the house and it works like a charm when we're sick.
    <a href='http://www.irazoo.com/ReferedNewUser.aspx?RefBy=wakeforsoul'></a>

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

I am definitely considering getting one of these it looks fantastic. thanks for the review.

Banned
    Trading Score
    93 (100%)

My mom has one like that for your nose, you just inhale the stuff up, it feels really nice.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

I might just try this one out. Looks like baby and I are about to be sick.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Do you need to use this with the VapoSteam or is plain water okay?

It didn't say anything about it on the box, so I didn't think to pick one up when I bought it. I think they should have at least included one pack in the box.

Trading Score
    25 (100%)

You should be fine with just plain water. The Vicks helps but the steam is what really makes a difference.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    78 (100%)

the vaposteam is supposed to go in the medicine cup, you put plain water in the bottom part. i dont like the vicks vaposteam because it has a mineral oil base that doesnt evaporate. i use pure Eucalyptus oil in the medicine cup. its stronger than the vaposteam (vs has a little bit of eucalyptus oil in it plus some other stuff) and it evaporates completely so theres no mess.

Thread Information