I got this because I've started getting hives lately (never had them before). They were so itchy to the point where I'd had enough.

I went out and got a 100 mL bottle (costs around $10).

Directions:

For fast, effective relief from Allergy and Hay Fever Symptoms such as sneezing, runny nose, itchy, watery eyes, itchy skin, and hives. Security feature: band on cap

Usage:

Adults and children 12 years and over: 2-4 tsp. (10-20 mL) every 4-6 hours. Do not exceed 16 tsp. (80 mL) per day.

Children Dosage: Children 6 to 12 years: 1-2 tsp. (5-10 mL) every 4-6 hours. Do not exceed 8 tsp. (40 mL) per day. Children under 6 years: Use Benadryl Children's liquid.

Caution:

May cause drowsiness. May cause excitability especially in children or the elderly. Avoid alcohol. Use caution when driving a motor vehicle or operating machinery. Talk to a doctor before using this product if you have chronic lung disease, glaucoma or difficulty in urination due to enlargement of the prostate gland or are pregnant or nursing, or taking other antihistamines or sedating drugs. Do not take more than the maximum recommended dosage. Keep out of reach of children.

Ingredients:

Medicinal Ingredient: Diphenhydramine Hydrochloride 12.5 mg (Antihistamine) Non-medicinal Ingredients (alphabetically): Alcohol, FD&C Red No. 2, flavours, sugar, water.

So it did cause a little bit of drowsiness in me (but I don't take medicine very often). I found that within 20 minutes of taking it my hives weren't itchy anymore. I could actually function and forgot them altogether! It lasted about 12 hours for myself which was a great break.

I totally recommend this to anyone that gets skin rashes and needs some sort of relief for the time being.

THE BIGGEST CON: If you think Buckleys is bad. This is worse. It honestly tastes like I'm drinking ground up grass, fertilizer and a little bit of pesticide. It is that bad. I would say to make sure you have a glass of juice for an after shot because this stuff makes me gag!