User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Trading Score
    16 (100%)

I know that many of us use coupons to help save a penny or two. What I wanted to know is what does everyone else do with the money they save? For myself I have started tracking what coupons I use each month and at the end I total up how much money I've saved and then deposit it into a savings account. My goal is to save $1000 towards our trip to Florida this summer, and so far since January I've save $496 and I still have about 4 months of saving to go!

So tell me Scers....what do you do with the money you save from coupons?
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Smart Canuck GottaLoveFreeebies's Avatar
    Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Eventually I hope to be able to save for fun stuff! That is great!

cheryls
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

i don't do anything with it .. we depend on this way of life to survive and pay our other bills

Trading Score
    123 (100%)

Ditto the above. I use coupons to stay afloat. My little indulgences aren't a brand name body wash now, or razor... Now its being able to pay the bills. A little over a year ago it was get the things we need and not pay bills or vice versa, now I can have both. My kids don't go without milk because I can afford it! We don't go without juice, or bread because we always have it now. I don't go without coffee because I can't afford a $6 can because I needed milk.. Its being comfortable, happy, and oh yeah.. our bills are paid! Once I get ahead, I'd like to save the money, or replace the "new to us" furniture and appliances and get "NEW" furniture and appliances, after that.. who knows..

but its one step at a time

in the Ghetto of Richmond...apparently :rolleyes:
    Trading Score
    111 (100%)

we put some of the savings towards our move to the UK (hopefully), the rest of it just goes towards bills, always seems like there is something to pay off
    :pottytrain2: :pottytrain2: :pottytrain2:

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Well this may sound like a huge indulgence but we bought a pool a few years ago. Let me explain. I don't just clip coupons I wait for everything to go on sale, go to liquidators, bankruptcy sales, open warehouse sales, sample sales and much, much more. We do all our own home maintenance, landscaping and renovations, we have friends who are plumbers and electricians so the way the pool is justified is that all the money saved by doing all of the above and also never going on vacation in the 19 years we have been married is my reasoning. Actually the money we spent on the pool can be made up in pretty much one year's savings from doing all of the above. As for any other money saved well I guess I try to spoil my kids, without them becoming brats though(hopefully)!!!

Banned
    Trading Score
    93 (100%)

savings? what's that?

Trading Score
    442 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by View Post
    savings? what's that?
    No kidding. I totally agree!!!!

Trading Score
    22 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cheryls View Post
    i don't do anything with it .. we depend on this way of life to survive and pay our other bills

Same. I lost my job a few months ago very suddenly, and havent been able to find one since. (speaking of which I have a job interview tomorrow if anyone would like to cross their fingers for me haha) We need coupons or else we wouldn't be able to afford to buy the basics

Trading Score
    50 (100%)

I save the money for my meds and bills. Without coupons I would be in major debt (plus putting my butt thru school). I use coupons to get everyday items such as cleaning products, personal care items, etc for free or almost free. Once Im done school I plan to take a vacation (to celebrate graduation).

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Patty Smyth View Post
    Well this may sound like a huge indulgence but we bought a pool a few years ago. Let me explain. I don't just clip coupons I wait for everything to go on sale, go to liquidators, bankruptcy sales, open warehouse sales, sample sales and much, much more. We do all our own home maintenance, landscaping and renovations, we have friends who are plumbers and electricians so the way the pool is justified is that all the money saved by doing all of the above and also never going on vacation in the 19 years we have been married is my reasoning. Actually the money we spent on the pool can be made up in pretty much one year's savings from doing all of the above. As for any other money saved well I guess I try to spoil my kids, without them becoming brats though(hopefully)!!!
    That's a great way to use your savings! I too shop only on sale (unless I'm in dire need) and shop at discount stores for everything from food to clothes to makeup (I can't remember the last time I bought clothes that weren't on sale or from the thrift store). Our trip to Florida hopefully won't cost too much...as it stands we have to pay $100 for a week's accommadation(in-laws time share condo) plus whatever food for the week(hoping to get some US coupons), not to mention the gas to drive down(praying for low prices). I figure I would rather save and have the money before I go down rather than spend and have to deal with the credit card later . I spend my days trying to save every penny I can...I'm a stay-at-home mom (daycare was too expensive compared to how much I made from my work...what's the point in going to work just to pay someone else to watch your kid and have no money left over?) and my husband works his tail off to make money to pay the mortgage and bills so I know what it's like to not have much after the bills are paid...but I do try my best.

Trading Score
    215 (100%)

with all these coupons,Im able to save every penny,Im a student..taking loans..anything to make the load lighter,will help! saving to pay back loans!!
    Want free giftcards? Use Swagbucks Like Google and Earn Gift cards!

http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/SaiyenBlood

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    32 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by penny_lane View Post
    same. I lost my job a few months ago very suddenly, and havent been able to find one since. (speaking of which i have a job interview tomorrow if anyone would like to cross their fingers for me haha) we need coupons or else we wouldn't be able to afford to buy the basics

good luck!!

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    10 (100%)

I can't say I've started to see any savings yet, as I'm still in the learning and stock up mode, but I can see it happening shortly. I'm going to save for a trip overseas in 2010 with my sis, friends and daughter. It's "found" money as far as I'm concerned so I want to use it for fun!

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Wow, I feel very fortunate to be in the situation I am in...I do this because we are trying to retire before we are 50. We are putting away a lot of money into savings and investments and it is a challenge for me to see how much more I can add to our savings each month.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information