User Tag List

Page 29 of 46 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29 30 31 39 ... LastLast
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Airline_guy24 View Post
    I have just been randomly opening the list of coupons left and so far (haven't gotten through them all yet) have noticed that they all have said (reproduction is prohibited)

would it not be in sc's best interest and its users to remove all of these as well? I love watching the site on the news and feeling proud to be part of such a community. I would hate to have any reputation tarnished if people were to start thinking that we were involved in using fraudulent coupons.

I for one love telling my friends and people that i meet about the great deals out there is you combine a sale with a valid coupon. Everyone seems so excited and they want to try it too. I tell them to get started they need to know 3 websites and 3 only.. smart canucks #1, save.ca and brandsaver.

I know we all feel proud and it makes us feel great when we find a deal. Im sure im not the only one that loves to spread the word about saving $$ I would also not want anyone i recommended to this site to think that i was knowingly involved with anything not so legit. Does that make sense? Does anyone feel the way i do?
    My thoughts as well and it makes me a tad worried about any printables just tossed all mine. Just not worth it.
    Total earned to date $2425.00 saving for a trip : )
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/Deoxis

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by View Post
    The printer application thing that you need to install when accessing sc johnson coupons is in place to track how many coupons are requested from an IP. This is to try and control how many a person requests/prints.
    They aren't tracking by ip address they track by email. So technically if someone had 10 email address' they would be able to print 10 times where as if it was by ip address it wouldn't matter how many different emails a person had.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    10 (100%)

there are people buying 10 free glade tins at a time. it was meant as a one time thing. the fact that people are so bold as to take a picture and brag about in on sc blows me away

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    59 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Airline_guy24 View Post
    Are they all the same as the originals? ie: size wise? Like the WM Duty Manager told me, anything that is not original is sent back with a pink slip (return form) meaning they dont get paid for the coupon. If its not the same coupon that was made available online in the same form its not valid unfortunately. In this case, the manufacturer is protected but unfortunately the shops are not. Im sure it wont be an issue for very long anyway, it seems like more and more stores are catching on and in this economy cutting their losses where and when ever they can.

Im just worried the site may be liable if anything is happening that isnt supposed to, thats all.
    to be honest i dont understand thiswhole "resized coupon" issue. when you are at the print screen you get to choose the size you want to print the material at. normally if you want to print something smaller you choose the option to print "multiple pages per sheet". so if there is 1 page that you are printing and you choose "print 4 pages per sheet" you get a print out with only 1/4 of the page filled. This can be done even if you print directly from the manufacturer website. Does it constitute "resizing" then?

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by daphne010180 View Post
    to be honest i dont understand thiswhole "resized coupon" issue. when you are at the print screen you get to choose the size you want to print the material at. normally if you want to print something smaller you choose the option to print "multiple pages per sheet". so if there is 1 page that you are printing and you choose "print 4 pages per sheet" you get a print out with only 1/4 of the page filled. This can be done even if you print directly from the manufacturer website. Does it constitute "resizing" then?
    I agree I don't understand what the big deal is. I have only used the big coupons from their site but just tried what you said where you change the settings to your printer and it does indeed print that way. That should not be considered fraud as some people might have their printer set that way all the time to save on paper, ink and money. It's also more environmentally friendly not wasting such a huge amount of paper. For SC Johnson not to honour the smaller coupons is outrageous! If people were going around changing the wording of the coupon or expiry date then they would have reason to not accept them but that isn't the case here.

Also I wanted to add that when I did this test it printed out very clear and easy to read. It is actually more clearer and more readable then the big ones that look blurred could be because I think it was a fast draft not normal print which uses more ink.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    14 (100%)

I think the best solution to this debate is for Boo to get a legal opinion. It is, after all, his site and I'm sure he would like to be able to spot and remove illegal content.

I think both sides have very valid points. It would be nice to get this cleared up so that we can all be sure that printing and resizing is okay (or not).
    Joining swagbucks will add richness to your life! I've got over $1,000.00 in gift cards so far. Please join me! http://swagbucks.com/refer/Jayne300

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by DanicaCailinBlue View Post
    They aren't tracking by ip address they track by email. So technically if someone had 10 email address' they would be able to print 10 times where as if it was by ip address it wouldn't matter how many different emails a person had.

Very true, but i think if someone is using 10 different emails, fine ( not saying its ok) but at least it is taking the liability or bad image at the least away from this site and its users (me, you, our friends) and placing the responsibility on the individual instead.

I guess we could always ask the manufacturers to have a look at the pdf files with multiples of their coupon on it posted here and ask them if that is ok? I have a feeling we all know the answer though.. I have said my peace though.. I was only concerned about the image of the site and a little worried that its good name and wonderful users would get a bad name.

I have said everything i am going to say on this issue, i know most of you dont agree with me anyway and i have learned that we Obviously all have different values and ideas, that is a good thing though (difference makes a community great, weather it be online or in person)

I guess the only reason i am so passionate about printables is because i have had to stop using them. Its to much hassle being told they are not accepted and its really just not worth it to argue over a coupon with a cashier.

I know the policies are a direct result of abuse weather it be multiple print outs, rezied or what have you.. since all are available here i guess thats what just (as another user once said) gets my cookies frosted

Trading Score
    15 (100%)

I don't have a problem using multiple coupons if the retailer does not limit the amount you can print from home, but I don;t want to do anything unethical. I must admit, I have used the motrin coupons and felt I little guilty. I hope my local stores don't start refusing printibles.

Allergic to Stupidity
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by DanicaCailinBlue View Post
    I agree I don't understand what the big deal is. I have only used the big coupons from their site but just tried what you said where you change the settings to your printer and it does indeed print that way. That should not be considered fraud as some people might have their printer set that way all the time to save on paper, ink and money. It's also more environmentally friendly not wasting such a huge amount of paper. For SC Johnson not to honour the smaller coupons is outrageous! If people were going around changing the wording of the coupon or expiry date then they would have reason to not accept them but that isn't the case here.

Also I wanted to add that when I did this test it printed out very clear and easy to read. It is actually more clearer and more readable then the big ones that look blurred could be because I think it was a fast draft not normal print which uses more ink.
    As a matter of fact, for the SCJohnson coupons, if you had gone to their site to print them (as we ALL should be!!), you'd have noticed that your printer screen doesn't pop up ... the entire print process is run in the background, so that you CAN'T alter the way those coupons print.
    Any attempt to circumvent that is FRAUD, and will ruin printed coupons for those of us who are honest.
    For SCJohnson not to honour the smaller coupons isn't "outrageous", it's sound business practice. Why on earth would they honour a coupon that should never have appeared in the first place? Particularly in the HUGE numbers that have quite clearly been redeemed? ANY alteration - including resizing - is (and should be) looked at as fraudulent by the manufacturer.

Not to be a b*tch (aw, who am I kidding - it's a natural talent!!), but if you don't like their redemption policy, don't use their coupons.

And I OBVIOUSLY agree with everyone else who's said all the pdf's should be removed from this site. Post LINKS to the coupon websites - don't create pdfs of the coupons themselves. None of us are stupid, I'm sure we can figure out how to print directly from the websites.
    Frankly, I wouldn't blame the companies at all for refusing to honour these altered coupons ... especially after some of the brags posted here.
    Best hope they don't have people checking the freebie forums, eh?

Your parents/grandparents were right - honesty really IS the best policy.
    Better to remain silent & be thought a fool than to open your mouth & confirm it.
    $15 Paypal, $100 Amazon since July, and counting! http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/Kaldirris

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    36 (100%)

There was a link up for the nicoderm patch about a week ago and now it is gone. Is there anywhere else to get this coupon??

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Kaldirris View Post
    As a matter of fact, for the SCJohnson coupons, if you had gone to their site to print them (as we ALL should be!!), you'd have noticed that your printer screen doesn't pop up ... the entire print process is run in the background, so that you CAN'T alter the way those coupons print.
    Any attempt to circumvent that is FRAUD, and will ruin printed coupons for those of us who are honest.
    For SCJohnson not to honour the smaller coupons isn't "outrageous", it's sound business practice. Why on earth would they honour a coupon that should never have appeared in the first place? Particularly in the HUGE numbers that have quite clearly been redeemed? ANY alteration - including resizing - is (and should be) looked at as fraudulent by the manufacturer.

Not to be a b*tch (aw, who am I kidding - it's a natural talent!!), but if you don't like their redemption policy, don't use their coupons.

And I OBVIOUSLY agree with everyone else who's said all the pdf's should be removed from this site. Post LINKS to the coupon websites - don't create pdfs of the coupons themselves. None of us are stupid, I'm sure we can figure out how to print directly from the websites.
    Frankly, I wouldn't blame the companies at all for refusing to honour these altered coupons ... especially after some of the brags posted here.
    Best hope they don't have people checking the freebie forums, eh?

Your parents/grandparents were right - honesty really IS the best policy.
    Exactly the printer screen doesn't show up but with my printer (HP) and many other printers out there you can go to your printer settings before even going to their or any website you can change the way you print (4x6, 1/4 of the page, 3x5 and so on) some people might not have their printer set to print a full 8x11 to save ink/paper/money or were printing photo's 4x6 and forgot to change it back. I have emailed the company and am waiting back to see if they will be accepted in this format I provided them with the pic and we will see. Since I seen somewhere on there that somebody spoke to someone there who said they would be honored and not considered fraud/void.
    Last edited by DanicaCailinBlue; Fri, Sep 18th, 2009 at 11:09 AM.

Trading Score
    124 (100%)

The way I see it it's up to the individual. I mean one can always print out a full sized coupon then make a dozen photocopy of it. That's like having multiple of the smaller coupon anyway.

Kings County Coupon Queen sarah_300c's Avatar
    Trading Score
    693 (100%)

How the heck did this thread get expired again?
    Last edited by sarah_300c; Fri, Sep 18th, 2009 at 02:20 PM.

Hmmmmm
    Trading Score
    63 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sarah_300c View Post
    How the heck did this thread get expired again?
    Because people keep hitting the "mark as expired" button.

Please don't hit that button on this thread.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

The BC people may get their wish shortly, looks like they added Alberta this week.

Page 29 of 46 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29 30 31 39 ... LastLast

Thread Information