User Tag List

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by c_mcarthur View Post
    Am I a troll? wow thats a new one, no im not being sarcastic.
    and im not being ignorant either, im blantly stating that MOST companies will not accept coupons on sale items, on some coupons it clearly states that cannot be used in conjunction with any other sale or discount I suggest you read the fine print.
    Name one grocery store that will not take a manufacturer's coupon on a sale item. I dare ya.

Trading Score
    317 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Kaldirris View Post
    I make sure to go over the coupon with the cashier if there's any question about it. If she's rude, or acts like I'm trying to steal something, I'll confront her on it - I've been known to ask straight out "are you accusing me of something?" I then ask her name & insist she call over her duty supervisor/manager immediately. Then again, I'm totally fine with confrontations, and I refuse to let them treat me like I'm a thief, just because I'm smart enough to save my hard-earned cash by using coupons.
    Granted, my in-your-face, fix-this-now approach isn't for everyone, but I work too hard for my money to get attitude from some button-pushing cashier when I'm making a legitimate purchase.
    However, I rarely leave the store with my issues unresolved - and when I do, I contact the store's head office & lodge a complaint against the employees/managers.
    Then again, I firmly believe the adage "the customer is always right" - after all, if it wasn't for us spending our money at these stores, they wouldn't be in business, would they? It's in their best interests to keep their customers happy.
    You go BAD GIRL! LOL...I think I'm a bad girl too cuz I feel completely the same as you!

Rocky! Rocky! Rah Rah Rah c_mcarthur's Avatar
    Trading Score
    102 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by gradin123 View Post
    He didn't say clearance items. He said sale items. I could understand the refusal to allow coupons of clearance items although I have done it before without any problems.

Sale items though? Why in the world would you not be allowed to use it on a sale item. 90% of the coupons I use are on sale items.

Just yesterday I got 4 packs of Glad Cling Wrap for 25 cents each at Walmart Superstore. $1 on sale - 75 cents coupon.

His claim about not using coupons on sale items is completely unfounded and completely false. Also, they are ignorant.

Ignorant - lacking knowledge or information as to a particular subject or fact

excuse me? im lacking knowledge or fact?
    <b>READ THE FINE PRINT ON YOUR COUPON</b>
    Would u like me to upload a bunch of coupons i have and show you examples cuz i can. My claim is 100% legit

Trading Score
    102 (100%)

Name one grocery store that will not take a manufacturer's coupon on a sale item. I dare ya.
    Ive been turned away from walmart with a coupon if its on sale
    also, not a grocery store, but Michaels

Trading Score
    317 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Kaldirris View Post
    I make sure to go over the coupon with the cashier if there's any question about it. If she's rude, or acts like I'm trying to steal something, I'll confront her on it - I've been known to ask straight out "are you accusing me of something?" I then ask her name & insist she call over her duty supervisor/manager immediately. Then again, I'm totally fine with confrontations, and I refuse to let them treat me like I'm a thief, just because I'm smart enough to save my hard-earned cash by using coupons.
    Granted, my in-your-face, fix-this-now approach isn't for everyone, but I work too hard for my money to get attitude from some button-pushing cashier when I'm making a legitimate purchase.
    However, I rarely leave the store with my issues unresolved - and when I do, I contact the store's head office & lodge a complaint against the employees/managers.
    Then again, I firmly believe the adage "the customer is always right" - after all, if it wasn't for us spending our money at these stores, they wouldn't be in business, would they? It's in their best interests to keep their customers happy.
    You go BAD GIRL! LOL...I think I'm a bad girl too cuz I feel completely the same as you! Crack the whip

Trading Score
    317 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by monkeymommy View Post
    For me it's gotten to the point that I keep all my receipts with me and write down on them who it was that okayed certain things.....That way if the issue gets brought up I can say here is my receipt from last time and this is the manager that said it is ok.....They try and say crap like they have to go by the store policy, but isn't it funny that the policy magicly changes everytime we go.......I used to get all my shopping done in one shot with all my coupons but withh all the hassles lately I've been doing multiple trips which isn't easy with three kids.
    Great tip about writing down the person's name who ok'd the previous transaction ...TY

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Ive been turned away from walmart with a coupon if its on sale
    also, not a grocery store, but Michaels
    Thousands of people here have used coupons at Walmart on sale items without a problem. Their policy certainly is to allow it.

Most manufacturer coupons do not say that they can not be used in conjuction with sale items
    Last edited by gradin123; Thu, Apr 23rd, 2009 at 12:50 PM.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Last edited by RetroMama; Sun, Feb 28th, 2010 at 11:53 PM.

Trading Score
    102 (100%)

Thousands of people here have used coupons at Walmart on sale items wthout a problem. Their policy certainly is to allow it.

Most manufacturer coupons do not say that they can not be used in conjuction with sale items
    would you like me to scan and upload some of my coupons that i have that clearly state cannot be used in conjunction with sale items?

Trading Score
    317 (100%)

actually it IS your fault if you dont bother to check current sales before you try and use your coupon on an item. If an item is on sale, you should not get an addition discount with your coupon... its already on sale.
    Sorry, but I have to totally disagree with you there!

No where on a coupon does it say it can't be used with an item on sale. Manufacturers know people use coupons on sale items, if they had a problem with that, they would definitely add that stipulation in the 'small print'!

Trading Score
    317 (100%)

[quote=c_mcarthur;887676]but its true, most companies will not honour coupons if the item is already on sale.. quote]

Wake up and smell the coffee! Where do you get your information from?

Trading Score
    102 (100%)

[quote=jojos_n_kelowna;887804]
    but its true, most companies will not honour coupons if the item is already on sale.. quote]

Wake up and smell the coffee! Where do you get your information from?
    from coupons and people who work in customer service

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    10 (100%)

thank you ... i could care less if i '''piss alot of people off'' with my thoughts...but its true, most companies will not honour coupons if the item is already on sale.. thats the point of the SALE for families to SAVE money.. im as frugal as im assuming most people are on here but i follow the rules and procedures.

This statement does not make any logical sense. The store does not have a "sale" to help us families save money, they have a sale to unload a product they want to move, or get us in the store and hope (as the stats bear out) that while we are there we will spend more money, or to develop a sense of "customer loyalty"..."We saved you money, arent' we nice?" kind of thing...

When the store puts an item on clearance they are telling me they are willing to take *that* price for the item. If I use a coupon they are not getting any *less* money, (as a matter of fact they will make a bit on the redemption fee). So why would they refuse a coupon on a sale? They would essentially telling me that even though they are willing to sell it at that price to anybody else, *I* can't buy it for that price. Not really good customer service, wouldn't you say?

I may have to explain to the cashier that they *will* be getting their money back from the manufacturer, but I've never been refused once I've explained it politely.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

would you like me to scan and upload some of my coupons that i have that clearly state cannot be used in conjunction with sale items?
    Go ahead! Show me a manufactuers coupon that specifically says can not be used on SALE items!

Sometimes they say cannot be used in conjuction with any offers but they are implying any other manufacturer offers. Not retailers offers(ie Sales).

Generally you cannot use two coupons on the same item and that is what they mean.

Don't show me coupons from Michaels though. I know they have store coupons(example 25% of any item) that specifically say cannot be used on sale items. That is different though. I am talking about manufacturer coupons that give a discount on a specific item. Show me a manufactuers coupon that says cannot be used on sale items. I dare ya.
    Last edited by gradin123; Thu, Apr 23rd, 2009 at 01:04 PM.

Trading Score
    317 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by frugal_gal View Post
    Pardon my ignorance but can someone clarify this for me: if an item is on sale I CANNOT use a coupon I have for that item if I choose to purchase it? If that is the case, is it just part of each individual store policy, manufacturer policy or against any regional/provincial/federal legislation/rule/law.

If redeeming my coupon on an item on sale is perfectly legal and not against store policy, then I don't see why I should avoid doing so. That said, I'm not ashamed of using coupons whenever I can to help stretch my dollar.
    Never been refused using a coupon on a advertised sale item. The only exceptions are at Extra Foods where an item is a clearance or mark down; or, as some have explained earlier in this thread, issues using a coupon if the amount of the coupon is more than the sale/regular price of the item.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread Information