User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

I have been shopping alot more at ZELLERS these days.
    Not so much because they have better deals, but because alot of the pricing is the same as WALMART with the added bonus of getting those points.

Isn't it about time that WALMART started offering some kind of incentive program such as a POINTS card?
    This thread is currently associated with: Walmart, Zellers

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    98 (100%)

funn2009, do you also have an SPC card to get a further 10% deducted from each bill at Zellers? If so, it's even more of a reason, then, to shop at Zellers!!

Is Zellers, the Bay, etc. are they still Canadian owned or did they change hand to an american corp.?

Trading Score
    74 (100%)

It would be so sad if HBC change hand to an American Corp. They existed over 300 years in Canada I believe.

I am not a fan shopping at Walmart either.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    10 (100%)

I have been saying that for Years!!!! I would have a trip around the world and back if they offered points! LOL

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

HBC was sold last year - no longer Canadian -
    http://www.cbc.ca/money/story/2008/0...onbaynrdc.html

I hate, yes hate, shopping at WalMart.
    We've been a Z family for years and years - however, lately it's become quite a trial - issues with stock and sales, so I hope they get their act back together.

kib
    Banned
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Zellers will price-match Walmart's flyer, and you can get an additional 10% off with an SPC card. I haven't set foot in a Walmart in years. But yes, Zellers often don't have every sale item in stock, or they don't have enough stock to last beyond Saturday morning. And they are smaller stores, so less stock/variety generally.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    57 (95%)

I dislike Walmart aswell! The staff here in my town are utterly direspectful. Zellers, well it's only a half of a minutes drive away, and I prefer Zellers. But Zellers seems ALWAYS empty, I think it will be closing soon. I am undecided since Walmart has better 'unadvertised' deals (so I cannot price match) but Zellers tends to cause me less fuss. Although there is the usual coupon rejection

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I am not the biggest WalMart fan, but still shop there when I'm in the area or don't know of another store that stocks a specific brand. Zellers is on the other side of Saskatoon from me and therefore it is not very convenient for me to shop there.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    59 (100%)

Seriously I think WM because they have gained the rep as a store selling stuff for bargain prices they have now started to raise prices to screw customers that do 1-stop shopping there. Many things when not on sale WM sells for price comparable at SDM or LD or may be more, its sad!!!

Example, 16-hr Dr Scholl's insoles is 10.99 at LD, 9.99 at Zellers, and 12.49 or 13.49 at WM. Oral B Vitality toothbrush is 18.99 at RCSS, 29.99 at LD, 24.99 at WM.

I would never buy anything from WM unless its on sale. Why would I want to pay more for such crappy customer service? I was at a WM last night hunting down the Royale tp they have on sale, couldn't find none. I asked 3 employees on the floor and the first 2 said they didn't know anything about them and just walked away!! At least the 3rd lady was nice and explained that they were out of stock but I can go back near end of the week and if they sstill dont have any they can give me a rain check.
    Last edited by daphne010180; Sun, Mar 1st, 2009 at 12:08 PM.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Personally, I find Walmart WAY better for prices (and I do comparison shop). Also, the store is cleaner, better staffed, and the whole shopping atmosphere is much, much better than Zellers.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by prince$$ View Post
    Personally, I find Walmart WAY better for prices (and I do comparison shop). Also, the store is cleaner, better staffed, and the whole shopping atmosphere is much, much better than Zellers.
    Same here, I am sick of going to Zellers and waiting to be served while management are making their staff stand in a circle in the middle of the store and every time I have gone, I have had a problem with something.
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Thanks to all for your responses.

I too noticed that Walmart got sneaky and raised prices on some items.
    (thought it was my imagination) Also the staff SUCKS at WM.
    Zellers...sad to say...has gone to the US side.
    For me the whole thing with Zellers is the quality of their items has gotten better.
    I buy my toddlers items there and they actually LAST.

WM now is getting to big for itself...and in doing so...has lost alot of its appeal.

I would like to ask that, if you get a chance, please add yourselves as friends.
    One can never have enough

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    170 (100%)

I have a Superwalmart that is almost beside the loblaws superstore and across the Rd is Zellers. The walmart have groceries that zellers doesn't so I will PM at walmart if I can't get it at zellers. With the SPC card I am better off getting as much as I can from zellers and the points are a nice bonus.

I am nasty to walmart and if I have the time I usually try and SCOP something every time I am in walmart. Most of the time I find something to SCOP because their staff really are not able to keep the store current. I guess because they are bigger or something.

The thing I love about the Zellers close to me is that they will do a PM off a receipt so if walmart of loblaws have a good deal on something I can but one or 2 and then go to Zellers and get the rest at a 10% discount. Also the rainchecks never expire so if they don't have the item I just get a raincheck and wait until they have a points day and then get the items.

From the investigating I have done on Walmart I am not crazy about their business practices so I would rather support zellers etc. even if they are not Canadian (loblaws superstore is). If everyone shops so much at walmart it may put the other store out of business. That is walmarts goal, total monopoly of the market or as much of it as possible. I think that will do serious harm. It is not the kind of thing I want in my city.

Trading Score
    32 (100%)

that's what I've been doing too. I now go to zellers more than I go to walmart.
    Their prices are almost the same, so why miss out on the extra points that you're getting at zellers

jlh
    Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    332 (100%)

For the store wise, WalMart felt better than Zellers. Many people buying from WalMart now and you could see big line ups, but for all the Zellers that I visited, I hardly see any line. Due to many people buy from WalMart, the things on shelf has better dates than Zellers.

However, WalMart doesn't have the points system, I love Zellers for their points. Also so far I never be able to get a rain check from WalMart, which I never have issue with Zellers. Yesterday I went to get rain check for the Royal on sale this week, cashier said no rain check due to they know they will have shipment in, just don't know when. This sounds very weak, then I said what if by the last day of the sale that I don't see any, she said, then that is sold and that is it. The other time I went to another location for cereal and none on shelf, they checked and saying due to they have it in storage somewhere, they can't give the rain check. Really don't like the service provided by WalMart. Also got turn down sometimes there for price match and use coupon at the same time.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information