User Tag List

Thread: DS: Mario Kart

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (67%)

Looking for one of the best games of all times for the DS? Mario Kart Ds is highly recommend for everyone, it's geared mainly for younger children but its sure to entertain anyone of any age. This is one of nintendos best games of all times for the DS.The ability to race with some of the most popular characters ever created by Nintendo, the kids will just love it.

Mario Kart Ds is packed with different levels of racing speed, missions, ability to play mulitplayer via wi-fi and ds connect, battles and time trails, its sure to give you hours and hours of enjoyment.

Controls:
    The controls are really simple to use, the only trick you need to know to do is how to drift, it can really help at times. From my experience if you use the L+R buttons too much they tend to brake easier if you drift alot, sometimes i would have to blow it so it works or get it repaird.

Gameplay:
    Offers wide variety of challenges and battles, racing is 8 players and you may connect if you like. What i find boring is that after you beat the racing 50cc/100cc/150cc/mirror theres nothing fun to do. So its best to be playing with other people, even wi-fi is good. In time trials you are able to get timed on every map, try to beat your own records! Fairly simple concept, all you do is race, nothing to it.

Karts and Maps:
    The are over 10 different original charactors ranging from Mario to Wario, with over 30 different karts per charactor there has to be a Kart the suits you best. There are 4 lvls of game play: 50cc/100cc/150cc/mirror, there are 8 cups per lvl and each cup containing 4 maps. All the maps are the same for all levels, its just the speed and in mirrow mode, its like 150cc but the map is entirely backwards.

Wi-Fi connection:
    You may connect you ds so you can play online with others via Wifi, what you are required to have is either a router or the adapter. This is the best option to play with your friends whenever you like. The issue i found with this is that if you try to find others worldwide it takes quite a long time for find 3 other people.

Stratagies:
    -You should master the drifting- its an extremely good skill to learn in Mario Kart
    -Test out all the Karts, find the one the fits you best.
    -Never give up even if your last, theres always chance in this game.

Price range:
    The Ds console ranges from $100-140
    Mario Kart game - $30-45
    Wifi connector - $25-40 (not nessary if you have a router.)

Rating:
    Gameplay: 8.5/10
    Price: 9/10
    Graphics: 8.5/10

I highly recommened this for all ages, this has entartained my friends, family and i for years now, its like endless levels of fun. Like everytime were out we are playing when we got time.
    This thread is currently associated with: Via Rail

Reviews Administrator
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Just wondering if you think this is suitable for a 4, almost 5 year old? We are looking for DS games for a sick little girl and I was thinking this one would be awesome!!

Thank you!!

Amy
    Join Swagbucks - $75 in gift cards and counting!!
    http://swagbucks.com/refer/mom2faith

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (67%)

Well i really just depends on the child, most children would prefer this game.

Here is its rating on game spot
    http://www.gamespot.com/ds/driving/m...tds/index.html

Average 9.3 for users out of 14000+ people

or you could look here for top games.

http://www.gamespot.com/games.html?t...c&official=all

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I love playing Wii MarioKart but can't imagine that it would be as fun on my DS. Maybe I should give it a try.
    I really enjoy my DS Millionheir and Animal Crossing right now though so I may not have the time!

Deb S
    Toronto

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Super Marios DS is quite fun too, I'm still trying to get through the first couple of levels so that more games will be unlock for me.

Thanks for the review for Mario Kart...anyone who likes to race cars should buy this DS game.

Trading Score
    93 (100%)

I have 3 kids. Boys ages 5 & 6. !3 yr old daughter (who is never alone)
    All the kids have DS systems, friends too.
    They love this game.They are always playing against each other and it has served us well during 6 hr drives to my brothers, plus other long drives. My (almost) 5 yr old can sometimes beat the older girls on simple track races.He can and often does play it alone. We have to have 20+ DS games and this is one that they all fight over. I have seen 6 kids sitting in my living room playing this against each other for long periods of time over this past winter. Well worth the extra money you pay for it.

Thread Information