User Tag List

Trading Score
    118 (100%)

Review:
    FujiFilm FinePix S1000 Camera
    by: CentrallyCalm

Cost: Just over $200

I purchased my FujiFilm FinePix S1000 Camera December 24, 2008 at The Future Shop in Belleville, Ontario.

The Camera was on sale for slightly above $200 plus it requires an SD card for holding images and video (about $20).

Out of the box:
    The camera is generally easy to use; it has more features than I was used to using on my former FinePix click and shoot style digital camera. It comes with a USB cord to download images/video to your computer. The camera also comes with a cable for your televison; this enables you to watch video and images on a larger screen (this is a fun feature!).
    The FujiFilm FinePix S1000 also comes with a lense cover, neck strap, instruction booklet and CD for additional information and download software for uploading images and video.

Features:
    12x Zoom
    10.0 Mega Pixels
    Automatic, Manual, Continuous shoot, Video with Sound, Panoramic view Settings.

Panoramic pictures are taken in up to 3 shots for easy, seamless pasting when you edit the pictures.

Weight:
    The camera is very lightweight.

The Good:
    Easy to shoot in Automatic/Manual/Panoramic/Video Modes.
    Lightweight and portable.

The Bad:
    (tolerable)
    The camera takes time to figure out, this is a leaning process for sure, so don't expect to use it right out ot the box without reading up a bit how to use some of the settings. (Ex: taking it on a trip, go out on a photo shoot before your trip, so you are not wasting time learning about the camera).

The Ugly:
    (things I tolerate, but frustrate me about this camera)
    Delay to saving to memory card when I shoot a picture or video; it makes the shot that you are wanting to catch "right then" delay to the memory card, so if there are subsequent shots immediately following the first one you snap, the camera delay's taking them "right away."

The zoom feature works wonderful for taking micro and macro shots (bugs and rain drops, etc) but the zoom feature doesn't activate when it is set to video. The only way to zoom on a video, is to preset the camera, by zooming then switching the camera to video.

I also find the noise of turning the camera and the zoom lense, to be too distracting for some of my photographic subjects and draws too much attention to the camera being turned on.

Would I buy this camera again?
    No. I have to say I am more disappointed with the things that are being tolerated, then I would like to be. I am already looking forward to passing this one on to my son, who seems less frustrated with the cameras "ugly" side, then I am.

Value for the money:
    From the standpoint that it's lightweight and very portable, 12x zoom and 10.0 Megapixels, it's not a bad deal at slightly over $200. However, given the 'ugly' side of things I didn't like about the camera, I personally wouldn't buy another one and sometimes wish I could take this one back.

This thread is currently associated with: Amazon.ca & Amazon.com, Future Shop
    CentrallyCalm has sent out 28 trains!...whoo hoo! Teaching Newbie Coupon Classes! Let me know if you'd like to come to a class, in person, face to face; with real handout reference & teaching materials... it's the only class quite like it! PM for details & areas where I will teach!

Nancy Pants
    Thanks for the info, I was looking at buying this camera.

Admin
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Nice review.

I wouldnt choose this model personally but I do love Fuji digital cameras.

Thread Information