User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: Furminator

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

I finally got one today and have used it on 2 of my 3 pomeranians, I bathed and brushed them yesterday and today was the day. I got about a 3 gallon garbage can of hair so far and I stopped because they needed a break. Tomorrow I get to try Manny (the one in my avitar) that will be fun he has an attitude! The girls really liked being brushed and they feel alot nicer too, I am glad I bought this, since I have 3 babies to use it on I did not find it overpriced, I pay alot more than that to have them groomed professionally.
    Dee09 likes this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I bought mine through the main Canadian website, "furminators.ca."

It was under $40 for the big one & I got free shipping (a nice rarity for us Canadians, eh!?!).

Anyways, I've been using it for like 4 months, and I friggin love it. I won't lie, I was kinda embarassed the first time I used it because of how much hair came out of my Malamute.

I hope everyone gets one of these things and tries it. It rocks. The other folks on this forum aren't lying - it works as well as in the YouTube videos!
    Dee09 likes this.

Trading Score
    10 (100%)

I have the one made by Bamboo. It's the same concept, just different name. I used to own the furminator, and I find no difference between them. The bamboo one you can get at Zellers, and I managed to get it on sale for 27.99.

My sister swears by it, as she runs a doggy daycare. Everyone gets a good brushing there once a week.

It doesn't work on my wispy-wire haired terrier or my short coat chihuahua, but it is amazing on my cats and my long haired chihuahua. Some groomers use this brush when they are grooming, so you can just ask them if they do so you can find out if it will work on your pet first before investing 50-70 bucks.
    Dee09 likes this.
    Remember that even though pets are here for such a short time they teach us things we would never be able to learn in many lifetimes on our own.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

wow this sounds good...I been looking around for something but didn't know what worked. definitely going to try this. thanks!!
    PM me for referrals to survey sites that pay
    Earn with Swagbucks - Referral Link

Trading Score
    141 (100%)

Love mine...I can get a whole bag full of hair from 1 labrador!!! I suggest doing it outside, I find I get just as much hair floating away as I catch on the brush.
    Dee09 likes this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Forgot about these, wonder if they have them on Amazon.com
    <center></center><center></center><center></center><center></center><center></center>http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/FreebieChick
    http://www.winster.com/refer.jsp?uid=n30kdpgphys5r

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

The Furbuster version is on 50% clearance at Pet Valu, they can also order in replacement blades and those are 50% off too!

My roommate as the furminator and it's amazing! We can make a whole new cat from the hair we get off our two!
    Dee09 likes this.

Trading Score
    45 (100%)

I bought our from petsmart 2 years ago and paid nearly $50.
    My kitties love love love it. I have to put it in the cupboard(cause they know how to open drawers), so they don't continually rub themselves on it.
    When we thought we lost ours 2 months ago, i ordered 2 from ebay. The large one for dogs, and paid $16.85 TOTAL, and $15.50 for the cat one. I was so proud of myself.
    My aunt owns a pet grooming salon and she relys on her furminators. She swears by them.
    Dee09 likes this.
    Join GROUPON for incredible deals, click here

Trading Score
    18 (100%)

I just got something similar but it's no name and was at a liquidation place.

My dog has really short hair but I still got a good 1/4 - 1/2 cup hair off of her.
    Dee09 likes this.
    Keep it carbed......

Trading Score
    18 (100%)

Actually she ate the hair after I took it off her, ewww
    Dee09 likes this.
    Keep it carbed......

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Thank you so much for this thread, this is exactly the information I was looking for!
    FallenPixels and Dee09 like this.
    Unique items and great deals to be found on the Halifax Cat Rescue Society auction page.
    Love snail mail? Try
    Postcrossing!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I use the Furminator on my black lab....it's great. And he loves it. It removes a lot of undercoat/hair

I've tried the no-name and store brand pet hair removers, and they all SUCK. I ended up returning them to Canadian Tire and WalMart. I found a Furminator on clearance at a store for $30 (large yellow one).
    Dee09 likes this.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Yep definitely nothing like a Furminator
    Izzy hates it with a passion though, she usually likes being groomed (or any attention) but the sight of the Furminator has her hissing, even if I am using it on another cat which gets them started so she gets locked in the office while they others get done
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

I got one of these at Target today, for the price it is almost as effective - but $10-12 compared to the $40+ furminators can cost, it will help you see if your pet will tolerate it
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Trading Score
    5 (86%)

I have like 3 different brushes for my dogs and I found the furminator to be no different from the other one. I don't know if it's because I have a Shiba Inu and when thye blow their fur, they blow enough to make another 2-3 dogs.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information