User Tag List

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I've always used L'Oreal hair colour, #10, a light blonde, but thought I'd try the same colour in their 10-minute product.
    NOT the same at all. I was very disappointed with the lack of shine.

I get lots of compliments on my hair colour in the blonde and it completely covers my white hair...it leaves my hair very shiny and almost sparkly. But that new stuff?

Not at all...in fact, it almost had an ash-greenish cast to it. I couldn't stand it, and went right out to pick up my normal one...Superior Preference, #10.

I shall never stray again!
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Trading Score
    55 (100%)

thanks! i dye my hair blonde, usually nice 'n easy #99, but i'm always trying others. i have trouble with it going orange-y, especially for the first few days, so it's nice to know i should avoid this product. i don't want orange and green hair!

Banned
    Trading Score
    93 (100%)

I've been bugging my bf to dye my hair, he doesn't want to. Is Perfect 10 easy to do yourself at home?

Trading Score
    55 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by View Post
    I've been bugging my bf to dye my hair, he doesn't want to. Is Perfect 10 easy to do yourself at home?
    i can't imagine the 10 minute dyes being any easier than regular ones, except that you don't have to wait as long. basically, is 15 minutes (and dull colour, apparently) worth paying $5 or so more for? personally, i'd give up 15 min for nice colour and $5. that said, if one of these 10 minute dyes went on sale for half the price or if i had a large coupon for it, of course i'd use it!

Banned
    Trading Score
    93 (100%)

The 10 minute thing also comes with a neat looking applicator. I haven't used it so I don't know how well it works.

There are $3 off coupons for this on save.ca and there are bonus packs currently being sold at WM with I think it was the pantene brunette expressions (may be other hair colours too that's just the one I saw), I think it was $10.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Easy? Lol! I shake up the bottle, toss it all onto my hair (which usually shows about 1" of white roots, but with that light hair colour, I can get away with it) and wait 20minutes or so, then hop into a shower and wash it all off!
    I doubt it gets any easier than that!

I know I'm supposed to do my roots, wait 10 minutes, then do the rest, but with that light a colour, I don't find that step necessary.

What colour is your hair now? What colour do you want to achieve?

I've called L'Oreal a couple of times to discuss colour before I chose #10 and they were VERY helpful! They'll do their best to help you get the shade you want! I have a friend who took hair-dressing and warned me about using any Clairol product because of the chemicals and damage to hair after prolonged use....she said they're the only company that markets a product to remove chemicals from hair, so what does that tell me...lol...

Now....just do it! ;-) AND let us know how it turned out!

Banned
    Trading Score
    93 (100%)

My hair is like medium brown and I would like to cover greys and get more of chocolate brown.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

My hair is like medium brown and I would like to cover greys and get more of chocolate brown.
    I think that's easily doable, !
    Call the gals at L'Oreal to help you pick a colour...they're very happy to help!
    Personally, I'd pick a colour a tich lighter than what you want to end up with so it doesn't turn too dark (but it will be a rich colour). Next time you can go a shade deeper! Enjoy! there's nothing to fear...I've been colouring my hair off and on for 40 years...lol...but now, it's necessary rather than an adventure!

Banned
    Trading Score
    93 (100%)

thanks. I've never dyed it myself before.
    I normally use natural instincts colours cause it washes out after like 20 shampoos.

Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Best Dye to use - (if you can find it)

L'Oreal Colour Spa - use #24 in shade "Cocoa", it washes out in 28 shampoos as well but so much better than a permanent and yes, covers greys

My sister is my hairdresser and she says L'Oreal brand is the only "at-home" dye you should use - the rest are garbage

Thread Information