User Tag List

Thread: save on foods

Loves coupons and saving!
    Trading Score
    443 (100%)

Expired on: Sat, May 2nd, 2009
    I am new to couponing, and am curious why we do not seem to see any threads about Save on Foods Deals.
    This thread is currently associated with: Save on Foods

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

It's likely because a) it is only in Western Canada and most of the deal posters are from Ontario, and b) there aren't many deals to be had at Save-On. They are about 10% higher than other grocery stores in my area. They occasionally have a sale that will bring me in but nothing is too spectacular (in my opinion) about them!

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    152 (100%)

I agree...Save on Foods is a unionized grocer (a friend of mine works there) and their items are really much higher priced.I never shop there either, I think only the rich do..LOL no offence to anyone, but if I shopped there even with coupons I would be broke fast...

Trading Score
    317 (100%)

I don't shop at Save On often, but I did today...sometimes they do have good deals, but their regular prices are definity higher than other grocery stores.

I bought other stuff too, but these were good deals:

2x Delissio Thin Crust pizzas for Reg $8.99 on for $4.99 each
    1x Blue Water English Battered fish Reg $9.99 on for $5.99 (-$1 coupon)
    Oreo Cakesters 2/$5
    Eggos 2/$4 (- 2/$1 coupons)
    PopTarts 2/$4 (- S$1WUB2)
    Kraft PB 1KG $3.29
    Cool Whip $2.99 (with strawberries and Angel food cake - yummers)

Not too bad!

Trading Score
    239 (100%)

Yup, they definately have "some" good deals on occasion, but not very often. We only started shopping there because of the points, which we were able to pay for my husband's trip home when our son was born with gift certificates from Westjet!

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Save On Foods does have some good deals. Generally, though Superstore matches most of their sale prices making the Superstore the easier one stop shop.

I have posted some deals that were only available at Save-On in the past and will continue to do so.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Some good deals this week:

Minute Maid Juice 1L 0.99
    Campbell's Chunky Soup 3/4.98 use $1 WUB2 coupon
    Dairyland stirred yogurt 650g 2/$4
    Degree deodorant 2/$4 use $0.50 coupon

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    11 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by scrapinitblue View Post
    It's likely because a) it is only in Western Canada and most of the deal posters are from Ontario, and b) there aren't many deals to be had at Save-On. They are about 10% higher than other grocery stores in my area. They occasionally have a sale that will bring me in but nothing is too spectacular (in my opinion) about them!
    I think this is exactly it, with the big one being that there simply aren't as many people from out west on here!

Save-On (like Safeway), I find is expensive, BUT they usually do have a handful of good deals in each flyer. However, like a previous poster said with Superstore pricematching, I usually end up going to there too because it's more convenient to make one stop.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

my save on is by walmart and london drugs i go in there to look for deals but usually come out with nothing. sometimes they have good coupons i use those . the ones you get from the front kiosk are neat sort of wish they had them in other stores. but i agree with everyone else about then being more expensive.and don't get me going about price smart cause that store just bothers me on soo many levels. number one is if it is on sale them i would appreciate if that was what the sign said and not just how much cheaper they are than safeways regular price.

kib
    Banned
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I shop at Save-On at least a couple times a month, one being 15% off Tuesday (Alberta only, I believe). I'd say prices are better than Safeway and Sobey's. Not as good as Superstore, of course. There are usually a few decent deals, but nothing amazing, except the odd discontinued item. Really nice stores, though.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Save On Foods does price match some groceries stores. Check with your local SOF store. I have price matched Thrifty Foods and SOF allows me to use manufacturer's coupons after PM. Extra Foods won't allow me to use manufacturer's coupons after PM.

Thread Information