User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I am a math teacher ( H.S. ) and I love figuring this stuff out. I find myself doing it all the time, it really pays off. It's worth learning how to do it.

Trading Score
    161 (100%)

Thank you....once I have it all figured out it will definatly come in handy!!!

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by smartnewbie View Post
    I did that for the main reason that if anyone would like any changes to it, they can give feedback so everyone else can benefit from it. And the plus side is I do the work for you! Also, should you fool around with it and somehow screw up the formulas, it no longer is useful.
    Thank you for your response. I understand what you are saying but the first thing off the top of my head is that some people here purchase gift cards to purchase their items and the spreadsheet does not appear to handle it. Would you be able to add that to the spreadsheet?

That is it for now. I will need some more time to use it to see if there is anything else I would like to see added.

Thanks for your effort.

--Dizzy

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by mydoglugnut View Post
    Thank you for your response. I understand what you are saying but the first thing off the top of my head is that some people here purchase gift cards to purchase their items and the spreadsheet does not appear to handle it. Would you be able to add that to the spreadsheet?

That is it for now. I will need some more time to use it to see if there is anything else I would like to see added.

Thanks for your effort.

--Dizzy
    Hello,

Gift cards only qualify for the regular points which is only 10x. So if you purchase $100 g/c, you will only get 1000pts. The gift card is not worth calculating as it never can be counted as part of the purchase on bonus 15x or 20x day which is the main focus of the spreadsheet. The regular points alone are not worth calculating as it's not worth that much. Only bonus pts are worth it to calculate.

Just a point though that g/c is a must if you want to get to Optimum Plus status in half the time. Since you will double up on the regular pts earn (one from the g/c purchase and one from using the g/c to buy products), it cuts the time needed to reach the status in half. It's definitely worth it to buy g/c first and use it to purchase products.

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

I wish I had excel I need a new office

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by smartnewbie View Post
    Hello,

Gift cards only qualify for the regular points which is only 10x. So if you purchase $100 g/c, you will only get 1000pts. The gift card is not worth calculating as it never can be counted as part of the purchase on bonus 15x or 20x day which is the main focus of the spreadsheet. The regular points alone are not worth calculating as it's not worth that much. Only bonus pts are worth it to calculate.

Just a point though that g/c is a must if you want to get to Optimum Plus status in half the time. Since you will double up on the regular pts earn (one from the g/c purchase and one from using the g/c to buy products), it cuts the time needed to reach the status in half. It's definitely worth it to buy g/c first and use it to purchase products.
    Again, thank you for your response.

I understand why you have the spreadsheet password protected, but for this very reason is why I wish it wasn't. You don't deem it important or necessary to include the gift cards as part of it, where as I do. After all, they are still points that we are receiving in purchasing them and they do play a part, whether big or small or whether or not they play into the 15X or 20X points is not a reason to not include them.

This is why to me it would have been nice to be able to actually play around with it and "Make It My Own". As for what you said earlier about people deleting the formulas either accidentally or on purpose, that would be their problem. For one, your spreadsheet is still available for download, and if it no longer was, people modifying it should always keep the original and make a copy to play with. But that is my opinion.

Thanks again for the cool spreadsheet, as there are ways around not having the gift card included.

Dizzy

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Please read updated info.

pmt
    CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by mydoglugnut View Post
    I understand why you have the spreadsheet password protected, but for this very reason is why I wish it wasn't. You don't deem it important or necessary to include the gift cards as part of it, where as I do. After all, they are still points that we are receiving in purchasing them and they do play a part, whether big or small or whether or not they play into the 15X or 20X points is not a reason to not include them.

This is why to me it would have been nice to be able to actually play around with it and "Make It My Own". As for what you said earlier about people deleting the formulas either accidentally or on purpose, that would be their problem. For one, your spreadsheet is still available for download, and if it no longer was, people modifying it should always keep the original and make a copy to play with. But that is my opinion.
    I agree. This password will unprotect the sheets (all caps):
    AAABBAABABAJ

(I also wanted to be able to make some changes, like having the multiplier not hard-coded. I also wanted to reduce the size of the file -- I don't need to have 5,000 rows filled with the forumula on the 4 tabs.)

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Downloading your superb excel sheet for the 20x the points and tell a friend event optimization. Thanks!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    27 (100%)

bumping this *amazing* spreadsheet for everyone redeeming points tomorrow....thanks smartnewbie!!

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

I'm not sure about zipping and rarring in public but I can really appreciate your efforts and this is exactly what I was trying to figure out myself!

Great - Thanks a bunch!

Trading Score
    31 (97%)

Yes,

nice doc
    Please, pretty PLEASE, leave your smartcanucks.ca name on/in trade envie. Thank you

My trade/wish list : http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/members/eloyse/

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread Information