User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    7 (100%)

With the 20x SDM offer for this week. Can those who has/will taken advantage of that and use the program, can you give me feedback whether it works out or not? I'm working on version 2 and would like to fix any issues that might arise.

Thanks guys.

Note: zip file of xls sheet added at bottom. If you want to print it, please make sure to go to print preview and select only the pages that you want to print.

This is not a shopping brag but I'm so proud of it that I like to "brag" about it. And if you find it useful to you too, please give me thumbs up and feedback.
    <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
    So I have put together a spreadsheet that helps me calculate the value of SDM pts for my purchases so I can compare whether it's worth it to buy it there vs. other stores and I thought I share it with everyone. It will provide you with a shopping list so you know exactly what you should buy to earn those points you are aiming for. It will calculate the following for you.

<o:p></o:p>
    1) "Total cost before tax": useful for those special event days such as spend X amount to get Esso card or movie passes.<o:p></o:p>

2) "Total cost after tax" so you know exactly what you will have to pay<o:p></o:p>

3) "Total saved" so you know total of all coupons used<o:p></o:p>

4) "Total cost with coupons before taxes": useful for those 15x or 20x the points day which counts coupons as part of your total purchase.<o:p></o:p>

5) "Total points earn at 15x or 20x the points" so you know the total points you will earn on your purchase. I created four sheets, one for 15x with regular redemption and bonus redemption and the other for 20x the points day for regular redemption and bonus day redemption. (You will see what I mean when you open it)

6) "Value of points earn on 75K for $200 redemption day": I used "75K for $200 redemption day" as the base as it is the most worth it time to redeem. This will calculate how much your points will be worth when you redeem it on that day. There is also a file for regular redemptions so you know what your points are worth should you redeem it at the regular points value of 75K for $150.

7) "$ made" will calculate how much you actually spend on all your products when you redeem the points that were earned from buying them in the first place.

And among other things, it will calculate a very important thing.<o:p></o:p>
    8) How much I actually paid for each individual item. E.g. Herbal Essences cost $1.99, I purchased 2 using .50cents coupon each. It will cost me $2.98 plus tax of $0.52 for a total of $3.50 . My total points earn for it is 1397 which equals to $3.73 on bonus redemption day. So out of pocket cost for me is zero as the total paid is less than total value earn with the points. In fact, I made .23cents for buying the product. This is useful for when you need to purchase enough to qualify for the bonus points and you're not sure what is worth it to buy. I would not buy things that are over-priced to get the points as it defeats the purpose but I would buy things that I might not need if it's going to pay for itself and some. I can always donate things that I don't use and at the same time it helps me qualify for the bonus points on the other products that I do need to buy.

In addition to the above, it will also show you how much you will save from shopping at SDM vs. other stores.

All you need to do is enter info. about product name, bonus pts for specific product, price, value of coupon for the product, and quantity that you are planning to purchase and it will calculate all the above for you. A glimpse of how it will look:

<?xml:namespace prefix = v ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" /><v:shapetype id=_x0000_t75 coordsize="21600,21600" o:spt="75" o:preferrelative="t" path="m@4@5l@4@11@9@11@9@5xe" filled="f" stroked="f"><v:stroke joinstyle="miter"></v:stroke><v:formulas><v:f eqn="if lineDrawn pixelLineWidth 0"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @0 1 0"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum 0 0 @1"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @2 1 2"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @3 21600 pixelWidth"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @3 21600 pixelHeight"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @0 0 1"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @6 1 2"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @7 21600 pixelWidth"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @8 21600 0"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @7 21600 pixelHeight"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @10 21600 0"></v:f></v:formulas><v:path o:extrusionok="f" gradientshapeok="t" o:connecttype="rect"></v:path><o:lock v:ext="edit" aspectratio="t"></o:lock></v:shapetype>
    <v:shapetype coordsize="21600,21600" o:spt="75" o:preferrelative="t" path="m@4@5l@4@11@9@11@9@5xe" filled="f" stroked="f"><o:lock v:ext="edit" aspectratio="t"></o:lock></v:shapetype>
    <v:shapetype coordsize="21600,21600" o:spt="75" o:preferrelative="t" path="m@4@5l@4@11@9@11@9@5xe" filled="f" stroked="f"><o:lock v:ext="edit" aspectratio="t"></o:lock></v:shapetype>
    <v:shapetype coordsize="21600,21600" o:spt="75" o:preferrelative="t" path="m@4@5l@4@11@9@11@9@5xe" filled="f" stroked="f"><o:lock v:ext="edit" aspectratio="t">Please give feedback and let me know if I"m missing anything</o:lock></v:shapetype>
    Attached Files Attached Files
    This thread is currently associated with: Esso - Imperial Oil, Microsoft, Shoppers Drug Mart, Pharmaprix
    Last edited by smartnewbie; Tue, May 5th, 2009 at 12:40 PM.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    213 (100%)

Oh, wow!! I would definately use this! You are amazing to figure this out and share it. Thanks so much!!!

Trading Score
    57 (100%)

FANTASTIC! Thank you for doing all that extra work. Will definitely use.

PM me if you would like an invite to SuperPoints! Easy way to make Christmas money!
    Do you "Like" Regal? Check out my FB page to get a catalogue: https://www.facebook.com/#!/your.regal.gifts please!

Trading Score
    251 (100%)

Awesome spreadsheet...thanks for sharing!

Trading Score
    122 (100%)

This is great! Thanks for taking the time to do this and sharing it.

Trading Score
    23 (100%)

Wow that would be so helpful. I've just really started to pay attention to my SDM points and your spreadsheet would be awesome!
    Join SWAGBUCKS! I've made over $1000 so far! Click here to join!!

Regal Fundraiser!! Ongoing so no due date and items ship directly to your door! Use this link and put Lisa Taylor under the Referral Name on the payment page. Thank you for your support! www.hrtc.shopregal.ca

Trading Score
    98 (100%)

looking forward to seeing it!!
    Been visiting us for awhile? ... Thinking of joining? ... Click on this link to join in the fun! ... http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/index.php?referrerid=26026

Trading Score
    23 (100%)

Thanks a bunch!

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

What a smart-cookie you are! Can't wait to check it out.

Trading Score
    32 (100%)

oh cool! this would be so awesome!!

Trading Score
    9 (100%)

zip or rar it, then upload it.
    Putting the fun back in dysfunctional

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by kool_105 View Post
    zip or rar it, then upload it.
    Ooh, good point!

Trading Score
    73 (100%)

Great Job!! Thanks!!!

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

You put alot of work into that. Thank you so much for sharing!
    Ipsy Monthly Glam Bag: https://www.ipsy.com/r/tshv6

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

This is SUPERB
    Thanks

Thumbs up from me

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information