User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: PC Points

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Expired
    I have a question about PC points. How do you know what your points are worth? I've gone to the website and could not find it and when I have attempted to use them at the store the cashier always says "it's not enough to cover the bill" I've got 22 000 points. Thanks for your help
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

I don't have answer for you (sorry) but I want to start collecting if the points add up quick enough and are worth collecting.

Do you have to get a PC Financial bank account or credit card?
    Or is there just a points card like SDM optimum?

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

well...20,000 = $20. And I believe there is a minimum you have to redeem, which I think is that $20...

http://www.pcpoints.ca/en/index.asp

If you click on redeem there is info there....
    My Trade List Saved $1993 in 2010..trying to beat that in 2011

Trading Score
    55 (100%)

22 000 is worth $22. you can use your points once you hit 20 000, for $20, and every 10 000 after that. so she probably meant you could use your points, but you would have to pay extra.

Admin
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Your cashier is being silly anything over 20 000 point you can redeem in 10$ increments

so if you had 30 000 you can redeem 30$

But if you had 35 000 you could still only redeem 30$

But yes you can redeem 20 000 points for 20$, it doesnt have to cover the bill, thats the slliest thing!

Trading Score
    55 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sunshine6100 View Post
    I don't have answer for you (sorry) but I want to start collecting if the points add up quick enough and are worth collecting.

Do you have to get a PC Financial bank account or credit card?
    Or is there just a points card like SDM optimum?
    you need a pc bank card or mastercard to collect. you get 5 points for every $ spent at PC stores with the interac card and 10 points for every $ at any store with your mastercard.
    it's absolutely worth collecting and for banking they're good. all of the day-to-day stuff is free. no fees.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by htebxbeth View Post
    22 000 is worth $22. you can use your points once you hit 20 000, for $20, and every 10 000 after that. so she probably meant you could use your points, but you would have to pay extra.
    Good to know!!!!!! Thank you htebxbeth!!

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Here's some info on the site if you want to know more what it's about
    http://www.pcpoints.ca/en/index.asp
    kemp219

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

You also get points if you get your mortgage with PC Bank as well...not sure how many points but it's a good number and you get points on the anniversary of date of your mortgage. It's a pretty good program as the points add up quickly and are good for just about everything in store. Don't forget as well you get 50pts for each reusable cloth bag or basket that you use to bag your groceries when you pay with your PC debit or PC Mastercard--just let them know how many you have at the end so they add it on

My only problem is that they don't have the system set up to automatically update your points balance whenever you buy stuff. The points you earned at any one time aren't shown on your receipt and you have wait a while before they update. But other than that it's a good program!

Trading Score
    361 (100%)

We have been dealing with them since they started almost 10 years ago now. We have our checking accounts , Mastercard and a line of credit with them. We have cashed in over $1500 worth of groceries so far. And yes, it's $20, $30, $40 etc. They have to be in $10 increments after $20 worth. It is the best banking ever. No fees at all. Any questions, please PM me. I'd be happy to answer any questions you may have.
    Join me on swagbucks, and get an envelope worth $50 when you earn your first 100 swagbucks.
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/anner2050

couponchick
    Trading Score
    172 (97%)

thanks for the info!

Trading Score
    9 (100%)

I just wanted to add that they have been having a problem with their pc points being added to your account lately. I have been at the same point level for 2 mths, even though i go shopping every week. I finally called yesterday just to find out that my card and thousands others have problems and that they hope to have the problem fixed in the next 2 weeks??? Can't wait to see how many points i've been missing out on. Right now i've been stuck on 19,722 for 2 mths???

Just thought i would let you know in case you noticed the same thing.

99mallard

Trading Score
    361 (100%)

I haven't had a problem with mine. I just checked it. They will probably credit those people with the problem with some extra points. They always have for me. 99mallard, if they don't automatically, I'd call and ask if they are going to compensate you for making you wait for so long to use your points.
    Join me on swagbucks, and get an envelope worth $50 when you earn your first 100 swagbucks.
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/anner2050

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by anner2050 View Post
    We have been dealing with them since they started almost 10 years ago now. We have our checking accounts , Mastercard and a line of credit with them. We have cashed in over $1500 worth of groceries so far. And yes, it's $20, $30, $40 etc. They have to be in $10 increments after $20 worth. It is the best banking ever. No fees at all. Any questions, please PM me. I'd be happy to answer any questions you may have.
    Totally agree! The only small problem we ever had with them was when we needed a certified cheque we ordered it 5 days in advance like they said and it didn't arrive on time to CIBC -- it was a mess as it was needed for the closing of our house!...but they did credit us with lots of points etc and got the problem fixed as soon as possible. We do all our daily banking with them, and have a "land" bank so that if we have need something special we will use that bank.

chickaboom
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

mpbabes is right! If the bill is less than $20, you can't use your PC points...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information