User Tag List

Semi-Retired
    Trading Score
    9 (100%)

So I had a Crest Pro-Health toothpaste coupon for $2 off that expires today, and I also have another 75¢ and 50¢ coupons for the same.

RCSS had this advertised as 2/$6, so I figure I would PM one for $3 and use $2 and 75¢ coupons.

But nope... LD customer service said I have to get 2 for $6, because that's exactly what the ad says. This despite the fact that Superstore does actually sell it for $3 each (actually, for whatever reason, Superstore's shelf price is actually $2.77).

So I said heck with that and just went to RCSS and bought it for $2.77 minus $2 coupon.

I don't understand how you guys can manage to get all of these great PM and coupon stacking deals at LD.

Everything is so overpriced at LD to begin with, and a lot of time you can't find the items advertised by competitors, even though it's a lot cheaper there.

How have you managed to get the Crest Pro-Health toothpaste + mouthwash + toothbrush for free or close to free?

At RCSS, the toothpaste was $2.77, the mouthwash was $2.99 and the toothbrush was like $4.59 for a total of $10.35. But of course, I could then either use $2 off toothpaste + $1.50 off toothbrush + $1 off mouthwash or just the $5 off coupon for buying all three, but not both. So either way I'd still end up paying over $5.

At LD, the toothpaste was $4.99, the mouthwash was $5.49 and the toothbrush also like $5.49 for a total of $15.97 so even with all the coupon stacking $2 + 75¢ + 50¢ off toothpaste + $1.50 off toothbrush + $1 off mouthwash + $5 off all three, I'd still end up paying over $5.

This thread is currently associated with: London Drugs, Real Canadian Superstore RCSS

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Ok, I just did the same deal at LD about a week ago...SDM had advertised the rinse/brush for $2.99 so I PM'd at LD- with stacking I got the brush, paste, and rinse for .22 + tax. 2.99 brush, 2.99 rinse, the smaller tube of paste is regularly 2.99 (don't buy the bigger size because it's 4.99), then

use $1.00 rinse from brandsaver flyer, makes it 1.99,
    then $ 2.00 off toothbrush from brandsaver, makes it .99,
    then .75 from brandsaver for toothpaste, makes it 2.22, = $5.22

Then use $5.00 WUB all 3 to make it .22!!

Basically the prices at LD are INSANELY EXPENSIVE, but when items are on sale, they are on sale for way cheaper than anywhere else. Sometimes cashiers are sticky about pm'ing- one time they wanted to call Safeway to make sure the item was in stock before they would pm it for me. I left and went to another LD.

With the sales and advertised sales at other stores you can get great deals at LD.

Hope this helps. PM me if you want to chat more about it!

Trading Score
    154 (100%)

i bought the same thing a few weeks ago..but the total came to $9.xx.. PM'd a few places..cant remember which ones now..too long ago..and used 2x $5 ones and got it all for free
    but if the ad says 2 for $x.xx then u have to get at least 2 and not just one.. they follow the ad right to the dot!

and yes..LD is overpriced..but if u PM other stores and stack..its amazing what you can get! (take a look at makeupartist and seapotatos posts!)

seapotato also started a LD stacking guide..so maybe you can take a look at that!

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    332 (100%)

some LD cashiers are bad. They hate people using coupons and PM. When I saw those trouble makers at the counter, I went to another LD - even that is quite far away.

Trading Score
    317 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by InvisibleSoul View Post
    How have you managed to get the Crest Pro-Health toothpaste + mouthwash + toothbrush for free or close to free?
    Yes I bought that combo at LD today actually. I got the large 1L rinse (PM to SDM) $5.99 that has a bonus 170ml ProHealth toothpaste attached ($4.99 value), plus I got the Oral B Pulsar (PM to SDM) $6.49 and the small 85ml ProHealth toothpaste $2.99. Total before taxes: $15.47 and I had $16.25 in coupons. I had 2 of the $5 combo coupons (one brandsaver and one smartsource I think) also the 1.50 Oral B coupon, also 2 Rinse coupons for $1 each, and 3 different .75 and 1 of the $.50 coupons for the toothpaste. The cashier rang all the coupons through and I ended up getting .78 taken off my other items.

This is the second time in 2 months that I've been able to get the combo for free....and it's the large rinse and the large toothpaste. This time I only bought the small toothpaste because the rinse came with the larger bonus size.

Trading Score
    154 (100%)

btw i just noticed you're in vancouver! which LD did you go to?

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

When I PM at the LD in winnipeg they only let me PM one item so if the sale is 2 for $x they divide the price in half for 1.

Semi-Retired
    Trading Score
    9 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by miniv View Post
    btw i just noticed you're in vancouver! which LD did you go to?
    It was the one on Kingsway near Joyce.

Bleh... I mean, I tried to find more sources to PM, but couldn't find any of the other Pro-Health products in other flyers this past week... and I guess I still don't have enough coupons to stack to deal with the inflated prices.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    10 (100%)

Actually, when you read the fine print on most price matching policies they don't price match anything that would be 2 for deals, percents off, buy one get on free, or any other "gimmick", only specific prices.

So typically you can't price match something that's on sale 2/6.00, even if the other store would break it up and sell you only one.

Trading Score
    317 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by ninamaryjoe View Post
    When I PM at the LD in winnipeg they only let me PM one item so if the sale is 2 for $x they divide the price in half for 1.
    I know my Extra Foods only allows for a PM on one item. However, they can't stop you from purchasing it a few times through the cash register, or on different days, however that is a huge pain and waste of time! It bugs me! I know many stores put a limit on certain sale items, which is fine, but if other stores say they price match to get your business, they should allow for more than 1...but how many? 2? 4? 6? it would get difficult to administer I guess. Another thing that bugs me is at Extra Foods they actually put the PM amount on the shelf tag yet they still only allow for 1 item to be purchased at that price. If you are going to change the tag, then customers should be allowed to purchase as many as they want for that tagged price! Of they should put the shelf price to say, Buy 1st one at $#.##, second or more at $#.## agree? disagree?

Quote Originally Posted by Kimmar View Post
    Actually, when you read the fine print on most price matching policies they don't price match anything that would be 2 for deals, percents off, buy one get on free, or any other "gimmick", only specific prices.

So typically you can't price match something that's on sale 2/6.00, even if the other store would break it up and sell you only one.
    I know they don't PM the % offs or the BOGOs, but I've never had a problem getting a 2 for $# deal at London Drugs. They let me buy however many I want. I wonder tho, if the original ad stipulates a limit, then would London Drugs stick to that limit too.

I dunno it's too early 6:22am on a Friday to make me think this hard !
    Last edited by jojos_n_kelowna; Fri, May 1st, 2009 at 09:25 AM.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    269 (100%)

Just this past week I PM at LD with pull ups. They were 2 for 32 at Superstore. I know how LD works by now and made sure that I bought 2 right away because they like you to purchase the exact item in the picture. It doesn't matter what the words say. Abbotsford one is like that but Langley LD is great.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Pharmasave has 85ml toothpaste for $2.39 until Sunday.

Rexall has 85ml for $1.99 starting tomorrow.

Thread Information