User Tag List

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

SoI get up to the cash today and I had 8X coupons for the Glad CligWrap and in front of everyone she said...'Oh this is so annoying'....LOL My hubby and I were so shocked!! I couldn't even speak...I should have told a manager but I felt sorry for her that she was so pathetic.
    This thread is currently associated with: Food Basics

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    152 (100%)

wow, seems to be the rant of the day, go read mine, it's under "My deals today and rant"...lol
    Some people need people skills!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Can you say PMS. LOL

Sometimes they are so pathetic there really are no words. I had about 20 coupons once at Walmart for about 10 different items and the look on the cashiers face was priceless. She was disgusted, peeved, all at the same time. I just smiled.

Banned
    Trading Score
    93 (100%)

That's not right.

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

What is their problem anyways ! Happened to me at wallmart, one of the first times I used coupons. She was reallly nice before I show her the coupones and got so upset after It was almost unbelievable. Also she took forever and I had a bunch of teenagers behind me. All of them gossiping and rolling their eyes in dissapointmet. I felt I was in highschool all over againg , ha ! Good times

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

I just don't get it, just because cashier has to look at coupon and manually punch most of them in, they get their panties in a knot!!! I did not realize cashiers jobs had changed so much they scan items and run debit machine OMG lots don't pack groceries anymore, they should have been cashiers 25-30 years ago when the job actually was a job. I cashed before scanners and when scanners first began and bagged groceries (had to take a course on how to bag groceries). If we were not pleasant with our customers the manager would come over and close out till and we were sent to managers office for a little chat, that did not happen often. We had hardly any staff turnover, Oh I miss those days.

Trading Score
    118 (100%)

My philosophy: the cashier has a job BECAUSE I have a need to shop (buy food, etc) and HER job includes taking my coupons and if they don't like it, they can find another job. I don't usually EVER have a problem because they see me coming and smile at me with my coupons which more like amaze them then annoy them. When I can save 30 to 60 percent off my grocery bill and the cashier can see that... well, they are more impressed then depressed that I went through their checkout and ask me HOW and WHERE did I get those coupons (and when they are super nice I give them High Value coupons for their personal use). You should have seen the cashiers face when I gave her a $10 Olay coupon for HER own use...LOL
    CentrallyCalm has sent out 28 trains!...whoo hoo! Teaching Newbie Coupon Classes! Let me know if you'd like to come to a class, in person, face to face; with real handout reference & teaching materials... it's the only class quite like it! PM for details & areas where I will teach!

Trading Score
    177 (100%)

I had a cashier at Walmart yesterday tell me she couln't take my coupons because they were mail in rebates - which she brilliantly gathered from the line about retailers sending them to Saint John for redemption. I told her that's what the store does to get the money reimbursed and she got really angry and said they did NOT do that. Brilliant. Ofcourse her supervisor told her everything was fine. Hmmm..maybe if cashiers were trained and understood that the store gets the money - they wouldn't think we were stealing!
    "Far over the misty mountains cold, to dungeons deep and caverns old,
    We must away ere break of day, to seek the pale enchanted gold."

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

wow...seems I'm not the only one who got a nasty cashier today. Happened to me at Walmart...she was so rude and I didn't even say anything. Like you, I just handed over my item and my coupon...GEESH!!!
    My Trade List Saved $1993 in 2010..trying to beat that in 2011

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

i hate these type of cashier, when ever im head to a cashier at nofrills or walmart i always "search" for the nicest looking cashier.. and if the cashier doesnt greet you nicely when she start scanning your items... WATCH OUTTTT....

S J
    Female
    Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

actually thumbs up to you , I would have never taken such a comment lightly and joked about it , I wish i could let go such foolishness ..........
    JOIN ME AND GET FREE GIFT CARDS! CLICK ON THE LINKS BELOW!

http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/jainshilpi{earn by daily searches}

http://www.leadprizes.com/members/register.php?ref=sj23{earn by completing P T C offers}

Pm me for help!

Trading Score
    344 (100%)

I had a great experience at Walmart on the weekend. I had a ton of coupons...lots of free ones. The Glade Sense and Spray (6) Refills (4), Cottonelle wipes (25 of them), Kashi Bars (4), Hamburger Helper etc . The lady was wonderful. There was a huge line and we talk about my savings and where I got the coupons. When she got to the end of the order she realized that she had rung in one of the B1G1 Glade candles at the wrong price. Instead of taking off $3.78 she took off $37.88. Then her registered froze and you guessed it....she had to start all over again. She just laughed and told me that I had just as much right to have my order put through. My total was $93.53 and after the coupons it came to $13.47 plus tax. It was quite a site. She had my coupons spread out all over the place. She was the nicest lady. Her name was Mary and the next time I go in to Walmart I will look for her.

As for Food Basics, I wrote them an email not long ago about how rude their cashiers are. I questioned their coupon policy as well. Got the typical response...they are sorry I had a bad experience. They should be sorry I took my business elsewhere!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by freebiehunter View Post
    I had a cashier at Walmart yesterday tell me she couln't take my coupons because they were mail in rebates - which she brilliantly gathered from the line about retailers sending them to Saint John for redemption. I told her that's what the store does to get the money reimbursed and she got really angry and said they did NOT do that. Brilliant. Ofcourse her supervisor told her everything was fine. Hmmm..maybe if cashiers were trained and understood that the store gets the money - they wouldn't think we were stealing!
    That's hilarious! Maybe all cashiers should be required to use coupons at various stores as part of their coupon training so they can see how it works.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    477 (100%)

How rude of her. You should've said something. That cashier needs a reality check. It's her job!
    Join to earn GCs and many more prizes..
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/linny

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

I'm too B!T@Hy to not have said anything. I would have reminded her that it was HER FREAKIN JOB for crying out loud!!! I probably would have stooped to her level and said some smartass comment and made myself look like an ass too My tongue is too quick to bite. lol

Thread Information