User Tag List

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Went to WM to pick up what I needed/wanted for the week plus some extras given sales on those items I have coupons for that I was just waiting for a sale to use.
    Anyhow total with taxes before coupons = $55.85, my cost after PM and/or coupons = $16.41!!!!
    I was curious as to how much all my purchases would have cost at regular price without sales and/or coupons used so I noted the regular price and the total incl. taxes = $96.82!!

I've been shopping the 'SC-way' for a month now and I consistently save 50% or more(granted many items are not groceries/food but even on groceries I manage to save quite a bit).

So I picked up:
    * 2 boxes Kashi bars PM $2.67 + taxes = $6.03
    * 1 Dove shampoo (with bonus full size Dove hairspray, I got lucky!!) PM $2.97 + taxes -$1.50 coupon = $1.86
    * 3 Dole fruit 540ml PM $1.97 - 3x$0.75 coupon = $3.72
    * 6 Glade SOC tin PM $2.97 + taxes - 6x$4 coupons = -$3.22
    * 3 Glade Sense/Spray $5 + taxes - 3x$5 coupon = $1.95
    * 2 Swiss Miss hot choc clearance $1 = $2.00
    * 1 Quaker lg rice cakes $1.25 - $0.75 coup = $0.50
    * 1 multigrain dinner rolls quick sale = $1.60
    * 1 doz. eggs = $1.97

At Food Basics I got everything on sale but no coupons:
    celery = $0.99
    6 pkg Silani cheese 100g @ $0.99 ea = $5.94
    grapes black and globe = $2.05 + $3.02 = $5.07
    sliced mushrooms 227g pk = $0.99
    packham pears = $1.07
    Total: $15.05 (the pears rang in at wrong price; store refused to apply SCOP; I posted a thread on this elsewhere...my advice BEWARE as FB knows there are discrepencies in advertised price and price that rings up but they don't warn customers and if you don't catch it you are overcharged and if you do catch it, not as much as 'oh, sorry' or anything else they just check the flyer to confirm and then enter correct code which by the way cashier seemed to know off the top of her head without looking it up so I don't know why she couldn't enter it properly when I pointed out the pears were the ones on sale!?? CS is no help either!)
    This thread is currently associated with: Food Basics
    Last edited by frugal_gal; Sat, May 2nd, 2009 at 04:51 PM.

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

Wow good shopping! Its a shame taxes are so high.

Trading Score
    317 (100%)

Excellent shopping my dear!

I also like to know how much I saved based on the regular price of the item...so I calculate it the same way as you, in addition to the savings just by coupons alone. I rarely ever buy something that is not on sale, but there are so many people out there who don't really care, or don't have the time, or whatever reason they just go into a grocery store and pay whatever price for an item. This site would be a huge eye opener for them!!

Trading Score
    26 (96%)

Great deals!

I agree with you about Food Basics. If they didn't have such good deals I'd never, ever go there - lol! I find the stores usually quite unorganized, they are always making price mistakes, are really tough on coupon use and generally all around rude! I usually run in grab whats on sale and run out. I don't honour them by purchasing anything at regular price.
    Who ever said money can't buy happiness simply didn't know how to shop with coupons!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

I'm with you guys, I calculate the before sale price also just to see how much I am saving. Sometimes it's a real shocker especially if you have a few FPC's.

Thread Information