User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Trading Score
    164 (100%)

Today was the day where I got to do my bi-weekly mega shop using my ever-growing pile of coupons to scoop some sweet yet practical deals. DH even got into the action helping me find things, price-checking etc. etc.

Also, with Mother's Day around the corner, I was also on the lookout for some more items for my Mother's Day baskets for my mom and my MIL as well as the fact I just found out Friday that a close colleague of mine in another city is pregnant and with a scheduled meeting with her in a few weeks, I was also scouting out baby deals to make up a shower gift to bring to her!

So, here is what I found on my travels:

These pizzas rock the pizza parlour! Even with Wal-Mart's regular price at $6.97, when you have $3.00 coupons from save.ca, $3.97 per pizza isn't a
    too shabby! Especially when DH works steady graveyards, it's easy for him to cook one up when he gets home in the mornings, for a no-fuss but tasty meal

The practical "Mom" side of me wants to make sure snacks are nutritious yet delicious, so with the Schneider Smart Snax on for $2.00 @ Foodland, with a .50 coupon and the Minigos on 2/$5.00 with .50 coupons and Pur-Filtre Milk on sale for $4.99 with a $1.00 coupons, you can't really say eating healthy is more expensive I indulged for myself too, buying some Babybels and DanActive with .50 off coupons!

More staples in our diet that help the budget by having coupons. Modest savings with most of the coupons being under $1.00 off, but as you all are aware, things add up

More staples in our house along with some gift-related items for more modest savings! They allowed me to use the $6.00 Olay coupon (moisturizer+body) on the Olay Gift pack at Wal-Mart, taking it from $14.96 to $8.96 and I had a coupon for $8 off the Listerine Whitening Strips (just got my teeth cleaned Friday, so got to keep them that way!), so that made them $23.64, instead of $31.64.

Here is where I got some fair gains as I used .50 off coupons to buy the Green Works which were on sale for $2.97, making them $2.47 ea. and with the Burt's Bees rebate, it makes it an even sweeter deal! I also grabbed the Windex Outdoor Window Cleaning Kit that was $13.97 and the Refills that were $5.97 and with $3.00 coupons for each, combined they came out to $13.94. I also snagged a free Sense 'N Spray with the $5 off coupon, but they were out of refills for the time being! They also allowed me to use my buy any two Vim products and get a Scotts towel free coupon on the Vim Bonus pack that was $9.97 that includes three Vim products and two Vileda ones! Dawn was also on sale this week, each bottle being $1.97 after using the .50 off coupon and the Pomegranate Splash scent is to die for! Lastly, Febreeze candles are on for $6.47, so with the $2 off coupon, $4.47 is nothing to sniff at

With Mother's Day being upon us, a lot of the products are packaged in bonus sets which help us "couponers". The Biore Pore Reducing strips $9.97 with a $3.00 off coupon, so $6.97 for two Biore products isn't too bad! As well, Aveeno had a gift pkg of their products including their Body Wash, so I used the $3.00 off coupon to make the price on it $11.97. The other bonus find was the Superior Excellent Hair Colour with bonus Colour Vive shampoo for $11.97. With a $3 off coupon, it came out to $8.97.

GT Boutique aka Giant Tiger has their Aylmer sauces on for $1.97 regular $2.47. With .50 coupons, I snagged five for $7.35.

And last but not least, my Mother Day Baskets!

A good reason to stockpile!

Here is a closer look:

This is Basket is for my mother. She isn't a glamour girl, but takes fairly decent care of herself, so I put what I thought she could use in here! Everything I bought with coupons except the chocolate and basket were purchased at Dollarama for a reasonable price ($3)!

This basket is for my MIL. She is a bit older than my Mom and has different tastes, so I tried to tailor this more for her than make an identical basket to my mother's. The only things I didn't use coupons for were the chocolate, candies and basket. Even the body pouf came with the Olay kit!

So there you have it, I saved over $120.00 if you add up all the items in the bonus packs etc. So a pretty good day considering everything we purchased we use and/or gifting it!

Thanks for allowing me to share
    This thread is currently associated with: Dollarama, Foodland, Giant Tiger, Olay, Save.ca Coupons, Staples, Walmart
    Last edited by eriluo; Sun, May 3rd, 2009 at 09:05 PM.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Great shopping and the baskets for your mom and MIL look great - I'm sure they will appreciate and love them

Trading Score
    73 (100%)

Wow great deals and I love the baskets!!! I was planning on doing baskets for my mom and mil for Mother's Day also since I have a stockpile of stuff, lol. It's fun making up baskets for family & friends as they seem to appreciate them so much. GOOD JOB!!

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    40 (98%)

wow- some lucky "moms" in your life!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Wow amazing. You really have to have a strategy when you go out and your planning made this haul pretty darn impressive. Just goes to show you not everything has to be free or even nearly free. Savings are savings anyway you cut it. Every penny in your pocket is better than in theirs.

Trading Score
    43 (100%)

great job, love the baskets

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    12 (100%)

wow thats A LOT OF STUFF

its not delivery its delissio

Trading Score
    26 (96%)

Great shopping day for you! The baskets are great, I know I'd certainly love to receive one for Mothers Day!
    Who ever said money can't buy happiness simply didn't know how to shop with coupons!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    213 (100%)

Awww, what a great daugher and daughter-in-law you are! The baskets are beautiful and the items inside are fantastic! I would be thrilled with a gift like that especially when chocolate is involved. Great job!

Trading Score
    14 (100%)

very cool!
    what a great Idea on the gift baskets, i was just wondering what i'm going to give my mom for mother's day.. well now i know!
    I am a "senior canuck" but have been away from the site for awhile.. Please be patient with me as I go through and re-learn the ins and outs, do's and don'ts once again. . I look forward to chatting and trading with all of you

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Baskets are beautiful! Good shopping!
    </A" target="_blank"></A< a>

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    375 (100%)

Great shopping! The baskets are beautiful, great idea!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    50 (100%)

You cleaned house! Beautiful Basket!!
    Want to be like Redmouse? * Join me here at SC * Tell them Redmouse sent you!!

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    118 (100%)

I love this brag! Great pictures and writing style too.

Trading Score
    317 (100%)

Holy Moly Gurl! Did you ever get some amazing shopping deals! I love your baskets too! That is such a nice gift! I would love to receive that!

You make me proud! *sniffle* where's my puffs tissue? that I got for free btw! HA!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information