User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I went to Mark's Work Wearhouse this evening to checkout their Ladies' Night sale. I wondered around for quite a while and eventually found a few items in clearance sections to try on. One item in particular, a pair of casual cotton capris that seemed perfect for say camping or wearing to the beach. The are suitable for work but given the price I figured they lended themselves well to the former.
    Anyways, I get to the till, the cashier rings in my items; I showed her my save $10 when you buy$50 coupon; she could only take it if my pretax total was $50 and I was just shy of that so I got some socks on clearance for $5.99 to get over $50. She proceeded to reenter all my items and she pointed out the capris were $0.01. I couldn't believe it and asked why. Seems if an item has been around for a long time and they are really just wanting to get rid of them they ring in at $0.01. There was no way for me to tell looking at the item or the tags that they's ring in for almost free. The original price=$39.99 + taxes; clearance price=$9.99 + taxes; price rung in and price paid=$0.01
    Once I got home I looked at my receipt still not really believing what had happened and what do I notice....the socks I picked up with clearance price tag of $5.99 rang in at $7.49. I got a great deal on the pants but I was overcharged on the socks. It isn't a big deal I know but I'll hang on to the receipt and drop by next time I'm near there to get my $1.36
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Trading Score
    176 (99%)

awesome!!!

The same thing used to happen when I worked at Ricki's. They have a no time limit return policy, so sometimes we would get returns from the previous year (still with tags on), selling price $0.01. Got a few things that way.

Trading Score
    317 (100%)

WOW that's amazing...I know my Mom has had that happened to her as well at MWW and she's gotten almost free deals for work clothes for my bro and bro in law! It's a lucky day when that happens to ya!

Trading Score
    43 (100%)

wow, i hardly ever fo there, maybe should stop in once in a while

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

WHAT>?! oh man that's crazy!!!

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

amazing. i didnt know that.

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

simply amazing!

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

wow... that's the cheapest pant i ever seen

good job on you

Trading Score
    22 (100%)

WOW! I thought I was doing well a few weeks ago I got a pair of cute jeans on final clearance at wal mart for $1.00 but you win with this deal!!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I still can't believe it. Makes you want to grab everything in the clearance section and have the cashier ring them in just to see which item you might be able to get for a penny!
    I haven't figured out how to tell how 'old' the item might have been/how many seasons it's been sitting around. Would be nice to be able to tell then you'd know what to look for in the clearance section!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    170 (100%)

Marks participates in SCOP I believe so you should get the socks for free when you go back. If they were on sale you may have to return while the sale is on so that they can tell it should have been $5.99.

Way to go.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

SCOP your socks because they rang in at a higher than posted price. The pants were a REALLY great deal.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by kerrylj View Post
    Marks participates in SCOP I believe so you should get the socks for free when you go back. If they were on sale you may have to return while the sale is on so that they can tell it should have been $5.99.

Way to go.
    Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    SCOP your socks because they rang in at a higher than posted price. The pants were a REALLY great deal.
    Thanks for the tip. I actually wondered about SCOP when I noticed the error and was posting this thread. It certainly is worth mentioning 'this package of socks rang higher than the ticketed price, you participate in SCOP don't you?'....the worse that will happen I'll get the overage back and at best I'll get the socks free!

I'll be dropping by tomorrow and there were tons of sock packages on clearance so I'm not worried about waiting til tomorrow. I also will bring with me the 2 pkgs of socks I bought and both are clearly labelled $5.99 so should be easy for cashier to see the error.
    I wonder though, I picked up the extra pack of socks so that my total would be over $50 so I could use my save $10 coupon. I expected the item to be $5.99 as ticketed which was plenty to take me over $50 but if I get SCOP for the item will that affect my having been able to use the $10 coupon???

Trading Score
    523 (100%)

If the socks have the price stuck right on them, then they don't qualify for SCOP, unfortunately.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    102 (100%)

I love the deal on the pants-plus just think all the taxes you save, lol. That's great-and good luck with returning the socks-hope you get them for free.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information